Windows 10: my Windows 10 got blue screen "System thread exception not handled"

Discus and support my Windows 10 got blue screen "System thread exception not handled" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JamesZou1, Dec 12, 2018.

1. JamesZou1 Win User

my Windows 10 got blue screen "System thread exception not handled"

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name DESKTOP-HKOP49Q
    System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
    System Model G3 3579
    System Type x64-based PC
    System SKU 086F
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8300H CPU @ 2.30GHz, 2304 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. 1.4.0, 2018-09-05
    SMBIOS Version 3.1
    Embedded Controller Version 255.255
    BIOS Mode UEFI
    BaseBoard Manufacturer Dell Inc.
    BaseBoard Model Not Available
    BaseBoard Name Base Board
    Platform Role Mobile
    Secure Boot State On
    PCR7 Configuration Binding Possible
    Windows Directory C:\Windows
    System Directory C:\Windows\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
    Locale United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.17134.471"
    User Name DESKTOP-HKOP49Q\Administrator
    Time Zone Eastern Standard Time
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
    Total Physical Memory 15.9 GB
    Available Physical Memory 9.65 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 18.2 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 9.65 GB
    Page File Space 2.38 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys
    Kernel DMA Protection Off
    Virtualization-based security Not enabled
    Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: Un-allowed DMA capable bus/device(s) detected, WinRE is not configured
    Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
    Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
    Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes
    Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

:)

JamesZou1, Dec 12, 2018

2. Blue Screen System Thread Exception Not Handled

What causes my blue screen? I was just searching the Internet when I had gotten a blue screen and it told me System Thread Exception Not Handled (Qcamain10x64.sys).

alexabecerra, Dec 12, 2018
  3. System Thread Exception Not Handled?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

The System Thread Exception Not Handled error in Windows mostly occur due to incompatible or old graphics card drivers. System Thread Exception Not Handled error is often displayed along with the Blue Screen of Death

I suggest you to boot into Safe Mode environment and update your graphic drivers.

Method 1: Update drivers.

I suggest you to update graphic drivers and check if it helps. Follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters.
    • Right-click on the graphics
      card
      and click on Update driver software.

You may also download the latest graphic drivers from the manufacturer’s website and install them on your computer.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Method 2:

Follow the steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the installer and click on "Properties".
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 12, 2018
  4. my Windows 10 got blue screen "System thread exception not handled"

Blue screen Error System Thread Exception Not Handled in Windows 10.

Windows update on night of 3/1/16 caused a System Thread Exception Not Handled blue screen loop on a Lenovo laptop w/ Win10 and Kapersky Internet Security. Unfortunately, I used the free Win 10 upgrade and don't have a Win10 dvd. Cannot locate repair/safe
    boot disk. Thus the instructions on this site don't help. Machine stays in the loop, have tried taking out the battery and unplugging everything, but loop continues. Need an instruction to break the loop and get into Windows for the repair. F2 and F8 dont'
    work and neither does Window key or list key.

Original Title: System Thread Exception Not Handled

DavidStautz, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

my Windows 10 got blue screen "System thread exception not handled"

1. my Windows 10 got blue screen "System thread exception not handled" - Similar Threads - got blue screen

2. Blue Screen error: System Thread Exception Not Handled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen error: System Thread Exception Not Handled: Can you please help identify this error. Link shared to the dump file. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmsH3CflueeRiah9fzu9Ig4KSh0Drg?e=anBYAG https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-error-system-thread-exception-not/1fc5fa50-6bde-4fa9-abbd-e932a2aff27a
  3. Blue Screen error: System Thread Exception Not Handled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen error: System Thread Exception Not Handled: Can you please help identify this error. Link shared to the dump file. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmsH3CflueeRiah9fzu9Ig4KSh0Drg?e=anBYAG https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-error-system-thread-exception-not/1fc5fa50-6bde-4fa9-abbd-e932a2aff27a
  4. Blue Screen error: System Thread Exception Not Handled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. System Thread Exception Not Handled Blue Screen Error.

System Thread Exception Not Handled Blue Screen Error.: I was having an issue with my realtek hd audio manager not showing up in my control panel, after trying all the other fixes i found online and none of them working i remembered that i installed legacy hardware for realtek on a different/similar pc before and it solved the...
  6. System Thread Exception Not Handled Blue Screen Error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Thread Exception Not Handled Blue Screen Error.: I was having an issue with my realtek hd audio manager not showing up in my control panel, after trying all the other fixes i found online and none of them working i remembered that i installed legacy hardware for realtek on a different/similar pc before and it solved the...
  7. System Thread Exception Not Handled Blue Screen Error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Blue Screen Error: "System Thread Exception Not Handled"

Blue Screen Error: "System Thread Exception Not Handled": Blue Screen Error, "System Thread Exception Not Handled". Installed a new video card, updated the video drivers, Video card failed, installed old video card without installing new driver to support old video card. Unable to get to "Safe Mode" to correct or disable video...
  9. Blue Screen - System Thread Exception not Handled - iaStorA.sys and iaStorAC.sys

Blue Screen - System Thread Exception not Handled - iaStorA.sys and iaStorAC.sys: Hello, My Dell XPS will only work when plugged in and charging. If unplugged, or when booting while unplugged, I receive a Blue Screen error stating "System Thread Exception not Handled" with either iaStorA.sys or iaStorAC.sys as the failed file. After some research, I...
  10. Having a blue screen error 'system thread Exception not handled'

Having a blue screen error 'system thread Exception not handled': My computer got powered off in error & when I powered it back on again I got "preparing automatic repair" & then the blue screen with the above mentioned error & it just loops over & over again. Tried turning the computer on & off again trying to get it to a safe mode but no...