Windows 10: My Windows 10 highlights letters when i'm not holding shift

Discus and support My Windows 10 highlights letters when i'm not holding shift in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, i'm a writer on the website Wattpad and out of nowhere, this issue popped up where while writing on Wattpad, my keyboard would highlight letters... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CarterEgbert, May 2, 2020.

1. My Windows 10 highlights letters when i'm not holding shift

Hi, i'm a writer on the website Wattpad and out of nowhere, this issue popped up where while writing on Wattpad, my keyboard would highlight letters and spaces when I clicked on said letters or spaces or pressed an arrow key. Since the only solution I could find was from years ago, and this is 2020, is there any quick and easy solution for this problem nowadays where I don't have to close Chrome? If not, i'll save my work then close Chrome to fix the issue. I just don't wanna have to take the Shift key off cause I won't get it back on properly.

:)

CarterEgbert, May 2, 2020
  2. DS117 Win User

Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop, Shift-M Bugs, Random device connects

I'm experiencing the same issue with shift+m key combination.

This is on an up to date Windows 10 (64bit) with latest version of Microsoft mouse and keyboard center and latest drivers.

I've found that if I press the shift and m keys, then release the shift key while still holding the m key down; then I get a capital 'M' as you would expect. Needless to say this is very annoying and backwards to the way you use the shift plus letter key
    combo. This only happens with the M key, all other keys on the keyboard work with the shift key as you would expect them to.

Hoping this is a driver issue that will be resolved in an update, as I really like the keyboard.

DS117, May 2, 2020
  3. i have to hold down both shift keys to get a capitol letter

i did not see the setting that talked about restore factory settings. if this helps when i hold shift and hit a key it doesn't enter, it only enters a letter when i hold both shift keys down.

TonySmith4, May 2, 2020
  4. My Windows 10 highlights letters when i'm not holding shift

Shift + arrow keys not highlighting

I used to be able to use my shift + arrow keys to highlight items (pictures, cells in Excel, etc) as I am working. Now I can use shift + mouse click to highlight sequential items, but I cannot use my arrow keys. My computer recently updated. I have
    searched the internet for solutions, but all are outdated. I do not have scroll lock on. I do not have sticky keys on. I do not have filter keys on. Any other suggestions? This is most frustrating.

benandrea102607, May 2, 2020
Thema:

My Windows 10 highlights letters when i'm not holding shift

1. My Windows 10 highlights letters when i'm not holding shift - Similar Threads - highlights letters i'm

2. Keyboard Shift key holding down will not Capitize Letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Shift key holding down will not Capitize Letters: Bedore I Trash my wireless Keyboard....I thought it best to Post the issue here in case there is a Fix to what I Broke...let me Explain.I was cleaning my wireless Keyboard and while doing so I push many buttons...some I am sure by themselves, others times Multipile keyboard...
  3. Keyboard Shift key holding down will not Capitize Letters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Shift key holding down will not Capitize Letters: Bedore I Trash my wireless Keyboard....I thought it best to Post the issue here in case there is a Fix to what I Broke...let me Explain.I was cleaning my wireless Keyboard and while doing so I push many buttons...some I am sure by themselves, others times Multipile keyboard...
  4. Keyboard Shift key holding down will not Capitize Letters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 only boots when holding shift+f8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 only boots when holding shift+f8: Technically my pc works but only if I press shift+f8 on startupIt started when I attempted to turn on virtualisation from bios -> after doing it instead of booting windows 10 only boots to a bsod that is on screen less than second so I'm unable to read italso these don't show...
  6. Windows 10 only boots when holding shift+f8

Windows 10 only boots when holding shift+f8: Technically my pc works but only if I press shift+f8 on startupIt started when I attempted to turn on virtualisation from bios -> after doing it instead of booting windows 10 only boots to a bsod that is on screen less than second so I'm unable to read italso these don't show...
  7. Windows 10 only boots when holding shift+f8

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Can't scroll when holding shift

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't scroll when holding shift: I used win 10 for a while and had no issue scrolling while holding shift. However after getting a new computer and using win 11 I cannot scroll while holding shift. I have tried in different programs and web browsers and it'll just lock up the scroll wheel....
  9. Can't scroll when holding shift

Can't scroll when holding shift: I used win 10 for a while and had no issue scrolling while holding shift. However after getting a new computer and using win 11 I cannot scroll while holding shift. I have tried in different programs and web browsers and it'll just lock up the scroll wheel....
  10. How to disable letters being in captial while holding left shift

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable letters being in captial while holding left shift: I play a game where I need to type and hold left shift so it always types in captals. I want to know how do I disable that so when I hold left shift it wont type in capitals. Im willing to do anything like download programs or edit the registry i just need to disable it....