Windows 10: My Windows 10 Home License got deactivated after a resetting the computer

Discus and support My Windows 10 Home License got deactivated after a resetting the computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My computer already had Windows 10 Home, but the license got deactivated after a couple of months, I assumed it was a non-genuine copy or something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Erikku Yamamoto, Nov 6, 2020.

1. My Windows 10 Home License got deactivated after a resetting the computer

My computer already had Windows 10 Home, but the license got deactivated after a couple of months, I assumed it was a non-genuine copy or something different and I bought a license literally done today {November 6, 2020}, I entered the key and it removed the watermark and unlocked all the functions on settings so it meant that it worked. After a little bit I installed a program that required my computer to reset this program has nothing to do with the issue and it also had to do some updates. After the reset I wanted to switch my keyboard language from English to Japanese but the language tab was not there, I went to the settings of the taskbar to make it visible and it turns out my Windows is now deactivated again leaving me unable to change the taskbar and many other functions.

I tried re-entering the key but it gives me an error "0xc004f050" and I attempted many times to run the troubleshooter but that didn't work either.

:)

Erikku Yamamoto, Nov 6, 2020

2. How do you deactivate Windows 10 license on one computer and then install it on another?

I am getting rid of the computer that has a full version of Windows 10 home installed on it. I want to use that license on a different computer. I cannot find within the Microsoft account a listing of the computers that have licenses and how I can deactivate
    the old computer.

MichaelQUESNEL1, Nov 6, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    MSFT acknowledges some Win10 Pro licenses being mistakenly deactivated

Source: Microsoft acknowledges some Windows 10 Pro licenses being mistakenly deactivated - Neowin

More:

UPDATE: You can now run the Windows Activation troubleshooter to activate again.

*Arrow Use Activation Troubleshooter in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Brink, Nov 6, 2020
  4. ZakuIII Win User

My Windows 10 Home License got deactivated after a resetting the computer

Deactivate Windows 10 License on Computer I Already Dissassembled

I bought a license for Windows 10 for my previous computer, and didn't think about deactivation before I disassembled it and built my new computer.

Now while trying to activate Windows 10 on my new computer, I attempted to use the option to tell it I have new hardware, and it's not allowing me. From what I've seen, it's because the previous license was not deactivated.

How can I deactivate the license so I can use it on my new computer without access to my old computer?

Thanks for any assistance.

ZakuIII, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

My Windows 10 Home License got deactivated after a resetting the computer

1. My Windows 10 Home License got deactivated after a resetting the computer - Similar Threads - Home License got

2. Windows got Deactivated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows got Deactivated: Logged on my organization email here on my personal pc, I removed it now, and I'm still getting the "managed by your organization" on my settings, and my windows got deactivated as well....
  3. Windows 10 got deactivated, windows home license but windows pro installed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 got deactivated, windows home license but windows pro installed: After troubleshooting it says I have a "windows 10 home single language digital license" instead of the pro. This was originally windows 8.1 and was updated to windows 10. A couple of months ago it was fine but around this week suddenly it got deactivated. I have the key for...
  4. Windows 10 got deactivated after a hardware change

Windows 10 got deactivated after a hardware change: Hello guys, new here. I recently did an hardware upgrade Motherboard + CPU and then I realized that my windows got deactivated. I got the license key and I've been trying to re-enter it but it won't work. I already did the "troubleshoot" thingy but it doesn't show "I did an...
  5. My computer got reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer got reset: I was just playing a game and when i was done i closed the game like normal. But the game never fully closed and it was stuck on a black screen that wouldnt go away, that made it impossible for me to open task manager and force quit it. I decided to restart my computer to fix...
  6. Hate Microsoft quality - Windows 10 Home got deactivated

Hate Microsoft quality - Windows 10 Home got deactivated: So, yesterday my office got deactivated and I still cannot use Office 2013, MS forcing illegally me to go to Office 365, now the same happened with my Windows 10 Home. I bought my Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro in Best Buy in San Francisco, back in 2013 with Windows 8 Home installed. Then...
  7. My Windows 10 Home got deactivated

My Windows 10 Home got deactivated: [ATTACH] A few weeks ago, I suddenly noticed that my windows got deactivated (after an update probably). I tried some solutions found on the internet but it didn't help. In addition, the error message I am getting is not in the list of error messages provided by Microsoft....
  8. My Pro license got changed to Home?

My Pro license got changed to Home?: So today I made my monthly full format to my PC and I couldn't activate my license (which automatically gets activated since it's a digital license). When I clicked troubleshoot, it said that I was running Pro while my license was Home. I unplugged and plugged in some SATA...
  9. Windows 10 Pro deactivated and reverted to Home license

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro deactivated and reverted to Home license: I have been using Windows 10 Pro since release, upgraded from a Windows 8.1 Pro retail license (I believe I still have the original packaging somewhere). Today an "Activate Windows" notice popped up on my screen, and the activation troubleshooter informs me that I have a...
  10. Windows 10 got deactivated

Windows 10 got deactivated: I am a Windows 10 Insider for a long time. Today, Windows tells me I am *not activated*. Why after all this time? What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-got-deactivated/e8287cb1-b3b0-4b77-a994-51e79095b21a"