Windows 10: My Windows 10 Home OS locks whenever I walk away.

Discus and support My Windows 10 Home OS locks whenever I walk away. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have changed screen and sleep to never, and have disabled anything I could find lock related to try and prevent this, but it still locks when I go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JessicaKing4, Jan 17, 2020.

1. My Windows 10 Home OS locks whenever I walk away.

I have changed screen and sleep to never, and have disabled anything I could find lock related to try and prevent this, but it still locks when I go away. I do not know what else to do. I need to upload all my photos from my phone so I can factory reset it, but it says it will take 1 hr 45 min and I cannot just sit here babysitting the computer for 2 hours.

:)

JessicaKing4, Jan 17, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 17, 2020
  3. little cat, Jan 17, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

My Windows 10 Home OS locks whenever I walk away.

Windows 10 forced download

I actually had a client call yesterday with an email problem. when I tried walking him through some steps, he says "Yeah, I don't see that there, but I think it's because it's updated to windows 10. It did that a few weeks ago. I came back in on Monday, and it said Welcome to Windows 10"..... I think I'd throw the computer out the window.

Ahhzz, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

My Windows 10 Home OS locks whenever I walk away.

1. My Windows 10 Home OS locks whenever I walk away. - Similar Threads - Home locks whenever

2. Walk Away Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Walk Away Mode: Hi,Does anyone see a "Walk Away Mode" with a 5 second countdown when your Windows 11 PC has been inactive for 60 seconds? I have gone through all the personalization and screen settings and all are set to "Never" yet my system still goes to sleep after 60 seconds. I have a...
  3. Walk Away Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Walk Away Mode: Hi,Does anyone see a "Walk Away Mode" with a 5 second countdown when your Windows 11 PC has been inactive for 60 seconds? I have gone through all the personalization and screen settings and all are set to "Never" yet my system still goes to sleep after 60 seconds. I have a...
  4. Windows 10 Rebooted on its own because I walked away from my computer for an hour

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Rebooted on its own because I walked away from my computer for an hour: How do I make this not happen ever again? Please don't tell me to adjust the hours. I don't have normal hours. I want the solution that will make it never, ever, ever, ever reboot on its own. Ever....
  5. Windows 10 Rebooted on its own because I walked away from my computer for an hour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Rebooted on its own because I walked away from my computer for an hour: How do I make this not happen ever again? Please don't tell me to adjust the hours. I don't have normal hours. I want the solution that will make it never, ever, ever, ever reboot on its own. Ever....
  6. Windows 10 Rebooted on its own because I walked away from my computer for an hour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 Hello - Auto Locking when walking away

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Hello - Auto Locking when walking away: Hello, we are having a weird problem on one of our machines Dell Latitude 7410. Whenever the user walks away from the machine, it takes exactly 60 seconds for the machine to lock. We have adjusted power settings, performed registry edits, but cannot get this to disable....
  8. Windows logs me out if i walk away

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows logs me out if i walk away: Hi, I recently set up a new laptop with windows 10. If i walk away from my laptop the ir camera senses i have moved and will automatically log me out after 1 minute. I cannot figure out how to stop this happening. For reference if i remain in front of my computer and leave...
  9. Bluescreen when walking away from PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluescreen when walking away from PC: For a few weeks now I have had a peculiar problem with my PC. When I get up from my desk for a few minutes, I often return to see that Windows has restarted. In the system stability logs I see BlueScreen errors with the Code 1000007e. These BlueScreens do not occur, when...
  10. When I walk away from my computer it blue screens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When I walk away from my computer it blue screens: It's a 50/50 chance that when I walk away from my computer, it'll blue screen. Every time it blue screens it goes to 100% and doesn't reboot. I have looked for a solution, but I haven't seen anyone else with this problem. Here is an image of the blue screen. Please...