Windows 10: My Windows 10 HP laptop has been doing a factory data reset for about a week!?

Discus and support My Windows 10 HP laptop has been doing a factory data reset for about a week!? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; so i wanted to refresh my HP Microsoft Windows 10 because it was being so slow and it has been at the 99% screen for about a week already. What should... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JonathanCuellar, Dec 17, 2018.

1. My Windows 10 HP laptop has been doing a factory data reset for about a week!?

so i wanted to refresh my HP Microsoft Windows 10 because it was being so slow and it has been at the 99% screen for about a week already. What should i do? Should i just wait!? Its been plugged in since then and its not hot to the touch. Thank you.

:)

JonathanCuellar, Dec 17, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Resetting my HP laptop

Since it is a new HP laptop and you want to reset it, instead of using the Windows 10 Reset, why not use the HP Factory Restore application, it should be located on your Start Menu - the alphabetical list - scroll down to the HP suite of apps and look
    for recovery . . .

DaveM121, Dec 17, 2018
  3. HP Laptop Windows 10 reset to factory default

Hi,

I realize that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should. Sorry to know that you are facing this issue. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer this question to get more clarity on this issue:

• How are you trying to reset your pc to factory setting?

As you have a laptop, ensure that the laptop is not running on battery and the power cable is plugged in to the socket.

Let us follow the steps suggested by “Babu V” in the following thread that speaks about a possible solution for the related issue:

Error: “There was a problem resetting your PC”: Error: “There was a problem resetting your PC”

Hope it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance, we are glad to assist you.

Srimadhwa B, Dec 17, 2018
  4. rt-ec-ca Win User

My Windows 10 HP laptop has been doing a factory data reset for about a week!?

HP Laptop Windows 10 reset to factory default

I have an HP Laptop with Windows 10. I reset the computer to factory default. It is stuck at 64% installing windows. It is one continuous loop and it will not move. Please provide instructions on how to fix.

rt-ec-ca, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

My Windows 10 HP laptop has been doing a factory data reset for about a week!?

1. My Windows 10 HP laptop has been doing a factory data reset for about a week!? - Similar Threads - laptop has been

2. About factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About factory reset: If my ldell aptop came with windows 11 pre installed but the service center downgrade it to windows 10. After some time i installed clean windows 11. If i do dell factory reset which windows i get windows 10 or windows 11??...
  3. HP laptop won’t factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP laptop won’t factory reset: I have tried to factory reset my device multiple times, however it keeps saying it needs more storage. I have hardly any files and apps left on the laptop, but it still fails to factory reset. Please help, I need to use my laptop in the near future for work....
  4. HP laptop won’t factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP laptop won’t factory reset: I have tried to factory reset my device multiple times, however it keeps saying it needs more storage. I have hardly any files and apps left on the laptop, but it still fails to factory reset. Please help, I need to use my laptop in the near future for work....
  5. HP laptop won’t factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Factory Data Reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Factory Data Reset: Is there an easy way to backup all my files and factory data reset a windows 10 laptop? submitted by /u/Complex_River [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jyg8ic/factory_data_reset/
  7. Full factory reset on my HP laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Full factory reset on my HP laptop: How do I factory reset My HP laptop? It wont install the new updates. I need to wipe it clean. Then let Windows update. It tells me unable to update not enough storage well I dumped everything that I could still wont update. I had a Accer several years ago. but it had the...
  8. Factory reset has been taking 8hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Factory reset has been taking 8hours: Hello. I started a full factory reset about 8 hours ago, and here was my process. It took 3 and a half hours to get to 14%, which I think is normal, as it has about a half tb to go through. Then, for the past 4 and a half hours, it has not gone past 14%. Is this normal? I...
  9. My Hp laptop won’t factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Hp laptop won’t factory reset: Im wanting to factory reset my Hp laptop so that i can sell it, but im having issues.When i get to the ‘Reset this PC’ I clicked everything i need to but even after leaving it to reset overnight, it still wont reset. Ive tried several times but it still takes hours each time....
  10. Factory Reset on my windows 10 hp laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Factory Reset on my windows 10 hp laptop: I just bought this laptop & in set up I skipped the password I synced my google acct & got locked out need to reset it plz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-reset-on-my-windows-10-hp-laptop/3077cda5-d090-4198-99e4-de07c2a4a8c1