Windows 10: My Windows 10 installation deactivated after I installed a new motherboard.

Discus and support My Windows 10 installation deactivated after I installed a new motherboard. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; As the title says I installed a new motherboard since my old one had died. Since then, windows has deactivated. My computer was on windows 7 before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tyrrel, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Tyrrel Win User

My Windows 10 installation deactivated after I installed a new motherboard.

As the title says I installed a new motherboard since my old one had died. Since then, windows has deactivated.

My computer was on windows 7 before moving to Windows 10 during the free Windows 10 event. I have tried updating the product key as shown on the side of my case, but it said the product key didn't work. (error code 0xc004f050)

:)

Tyrrel, Jul 13, 2018
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jul 13, 2018
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Jul 13, 2018
  4. My Windows 10 installation deactivated after I installed a new motherboard.

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

My Windows 10 installation deactivated after I installed a new motherboard.

1. My Windows 10 installation deactivated after I installed a new motherboard. - Similar Threads - installation deactivated installed

2. What to do after I install my new motherboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What to do after I install my new motherboard?: Hi. I just purchased a new motherboard, RAM, and CPU for my PC. I'm assuming after I install these, Windows 10 will cease to boot. My Windows 10 came with the PC and is OEM.That being said, I would like to upgrade to Windows 11 instead due to the newer model motherboard and...
  3. What to do after I install my new motherboard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What to do after I install my new motherboard?: Hi. I just purchased a new motherboard, RAM, and CPU for my PC. I'm assuming after I install these, Windows 10 will cease to boot. My Windows 10 came with the PC and is OEM.That being said, I would like to upgrade to Windows 11 instead due to the newer model motherboard and...
  4. What to do after I install my new motherboard?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can i install a windows 10 oem on new motherboard if i deactivate it first on older device

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can i install a windows 10 oem on new motherboard if i deactivate it first on older device: So i have bought windows 10 OEM and I am curious if I can change the device without buying the new one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-install-a-windows-10-oem-on-new-motherboard/e918c167-d667-422c-b480-570e42c7efc1
  6. Can i install a windows 10 oem on new motherboard if i deactivate it first on older device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i install a windows 10 oem on new motherboard if i deactivate it first on older device: So i have bought windows 10 OEM and I am curious if I can change the device without buying the new one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-install-a-windows-10-oem-on-new-motherboard/e918c167-d667-422c-b480-570e42c7efc1
  7. Can i install a windows 10 oem on new motherboard if i deactivate it first on older device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 will not activate after installing new motherboard

Windows 10 will not activate after installing new motherboard: Hello, I originally got my Windows 10 Pro licence as a free upgrade from Windows 7. I recently got a new motherboard for my PC after years of using an older one and upon rebooting Windows informed me that it was no longer active. I followed the troubleshooter, eventually...
  9. Windows 10 reactivation after new motherboard install

Windows 10 reactivation after new motherboard install: Hi Everyone, My PC was pre-built by Digital Storm. I ended up having to update some hardware including my motherboard. Now, I'm encountering an issue when trying to re-activate my license (which should be tied to my Live ID). When I get to the activation page in settings,...
  10. Installing/reactivating Windows 10 after installing new motherboard

Installing/reactivating Windows 10 after installing new motherboard: After a BIOS update, our computer is no longer usable. It turns on to a black screen and stays that way. We've been in touch with the manufacturer who sent out the update, but not having any success fixing it. A "Geek Squad" person, told us we would most likely need to...