Windows 10: My Windows 10 is broken

Discus and support My Windows 10 is broken in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I don't know what happened or why. I can't access Windows settings, because any option I click on is soft locked. Downloads "complete" but I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by armedhylander, Jun 8, 2020.

1. My Windows 10 is broken

I don't know what happened or why. I can't access Windows settings, because any option I click on is soft locked. Downloads "complete" but I can't interact with them at all. All of my desktop programs are white boxes and only load in after a good 30 seconds. Anything entered into the search bar at the bottom of the screen attempts to load but then crashes. And finally, OneDrive tells me it has failed every time I start up my computer.

This has been happening ever since I set some hidden files to visible and back last night. Why did this simple little thing completely break my Windows 10 install and how do I fix it?

:)

armedhylander, Jun 8, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

My Windows 10 is broken

Delta6326, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

My Windows 10 is broken

1. My Windows 10 is broken - Similar Threads - broken

2. Windows Update Service broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Service broken: HiI have a Server 2016 that I cannot update.All services regarding Windows Update are running but I get an error code when I search for update or manually install an update 0x80070422. The error code tells me that some services are not running, which they infact are.I have...
  3. Windows Update Service broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update Service broken: HiI have a Server 2016 that I cannot update.All services regarding Windows Update are running but I get an error code when I search for update or manually install an update 0x80070422. The error code tells me that some services are not running, which they infact are.I have...
  4. Windows Update Service broken

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. alloc magic is broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    alloc magic is broken: Hello, today I accidently installed and ran something called "Bitmap2.exe" and it gives me a error saying "alloc magis is broken at 0x60f4f280: 60fd51f7 Aborted. Press any key to exit." How can I fix it without using another computer? I tried using a USB to reinstall Windows,...
  6. alloc magic is broken

alloc magic is broken: Hello, today I accidently installed and ran something called "Bitmap2.exe" and it gives me a error saying "alloc magis is broken at 0x60f4f280: 60fd51f7 Aborted. Press any key to exit." How can I fix it without using another computer? I tried using a USB to reinstall Windows,...
  7. alloc magic is broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Mouse scrolling broken; "jumps" back up and down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse scrolling broken; "jumps" back up and down: I am using a Windows 11 PCMy mouse scrolling is broken; every few scrolls, it 'jumps' back up or down; I've seen a few people have this problem, and I've tried every...
  9. Mouse scrolling broken; "jumps" back up and down

Mouse scrolling broken; "jumps" back up and down: I am using a Windows 11 PCMy mouse scrolling is broken; every few scrolls, it 'jumps' back up or down; I've seen a few people have this problem, and I've tried every...
  10. Broken security permissions for ntuser.dat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken security permissions for ntuser.dat: Recently my laptop had a power issue and I sent it for repairing. Given I had some files that I needed to keep close by, we attached the SSD to another system running windows 7, opened my user Folder and took some files from my Downloads folder. When we tried to open the user...