Windows 10: My Windows 10 is fully broken.

Discus and support My Windows 10 is fully broken. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ok. So before I explain the matter, I have already tried a lot of things as i will mention. My computer started to run slowly and my open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thematter, Dec 19, 2016.

1. thematter Win User

My Windows 10 is fully broken.

Ok. So before I explain the matter, I have already tried a lot of things as i will mention.

My computer started to run slowly and my open applications all started to freeze. Even the microsoft windows that popped up asking me if I wanted to close the application were frozen. I decided to restart my PC. Upon restart I noticed that the loading screen (Windows 10 icon with rotating circle was there for a while) Eventually it said it ran into a problem whilst booting and needed to restart. Upon restart it began " Automatic Repair" And diagnosed and then attempted to fix Windows. It failed. I then went into recovery mode and booted Command Prompt (I cannot access any form of desktop currently) I tried CHKDSK /r C: which failed. I then tried bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd (failed) and bootrec.exe fixmbr (all files completed immediately) and then bootrec.exe fixboot (all files completed immediately) I then tried to re install Windows via a USB. I launched to boot devices and chose my installation device. I went through the process and during the installation it failed. (I tried with 32 bit and 64 bit) I then tried to Reset this pc (fully and express) Which both failed.

I am currently at loss as what to do.

:)

thematter, Dec 19, 2016

2. Windows 10 Photos app not working

The photos app has worked IMPROPERLY for 6-months or more.

It opens properly but the crop function is broken now. It is broken on several different PCs, all running Windows 10 and fully updated.

Yes, Virginia, it is a legal copy of windows.

WilliamJLucas, Dec 19, 2016
  3. unlock a windows phone with a broken screen

Windows HTC MWP6985 w/ broken screen, totally black, fully charged, and a 4 digit password............what can I do to access, at least, my contacts?

spudleyhungwell, Dec 19, 2016
  4. My Windows 10 is fully broken.

I would first back up any important data to get it off the computer. Then, I'd wipe the drive and try a clean install. If that is still giving you issues, I would turn towards hardware and run some tests, such as Memtest to check out system memory, etc.

DeaconFrost, Dec 19, 2016
  5. thematter Win User
    Could you explain how I can do these things? Keep in mind i cannot get past the first loading screen of windows.

thematter, Dec 19, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    If you make a bootable USB flash drive or DVD of Kyhi's Recovery Tools, it will have everything you need:
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk

Read my quote in the middle of the OP there, I like to have a combination Windows 10 installation and Kyhi's recovery flash drive. I use an 8 gb flash drive (4 gb will be too small). Make the flash drive bootable:
    Create a Bootable USB Flash Drive

Read the important box below step 9 and format it as FAT32:
    9. To format the partition, type format fs=fat32 quick, and then click ENTER.

For step 12, mount a Windows 10 installation ISO file and copy all the files and folders to the flash drive. I get my ISO file from here:
    Microsoft Windows 10 ISO download

Then mount Kyhi's recovery ISO file and replace the Windows 10 \Sources\boot.wim file with Kyhi's \Sources\boot.wim file.

Boot the computer from the USB flash drive and you will have everything you need.

It sounds to me like you have a hard drive that went bad.

NavyLCDR, Dec 19, 2016
  7. thematter Win User
    When you say mount I assume you mean put Kyhi's ISO file into the USB but switch out the boot.wim of Windows 10 ISO with Kyhi's?

thematter, Dec 20, 2016
  8. CountMike New Member

CountMike, Dec 20, 2016
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    1. That is not what mounting an ISO file is.
    2. There have been too many people who have gotten USB flash drives created by Rufus that have not booted the way they wanted to because of the overly complicated settings that must be set in the exact correct combination to obtain the desired results. I cannot recommend Rufus.

When I say mount Kyhi's ISO file I mean to right click on it in Windows 8 or 10 and select Mount. That causes the ISO file to open with it's own drive letter, a virtual DVD. Then you can copy the boot.wim file from the sources folder of the virtual DVD drive letter that is created to the sources folder on the Windows 10 installation USB flash drive.

Windows 7 does not have built-in mounting capability so you have to use a third party program to mount it.

NavyLCDR, Dec 20, 2016
  10. thematter Win User
    Hey,

This is my first time using this forum, as well as the first time i have experienced a problem like this on Windows. I just wanted to thank you NavyLCDR for explaining how i could fix this. I used the USB you helped me create and launched Kyhi's recovery tools. I could not find any reason with the tests for the drive to stop working, so I used the same commands as those that had been used in the link you sent me to format the USB. (I selected the affected drive and entered clean) I reinstalled windows and all is good now.

Thanks for the help once again.

thematter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. My Windows 10 is fully broken. - Similar Threads - fully broken

2. Laptop fully softlocked when I woke up this morning.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop fully softlocked when I woke up this morning.: This morning when I woke up my Lenovo laptop showed the “automatic repair” screen and it was trying to repair a fake/non-existent drive. I tried everything I could think of like: safe mode, reset this PC, system restore, startup repair, and a few more. Does anyone have...
  3. Laptop fully softlocked when I woke up this morning.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop fully softlocked when I woke up this morning.: This morning when I woke up my Lenovo laptop showed the “automatic repair” screen and it was trying to repair a fake/non-existent drive. I tried everything I could think of like: safe mode, reset this PC, system restore, startup repair, and a few more. Does anyone have...
  4. Need Help!!! I am running a fully patched Hyper-V Server 2016 with 6 VMs. 3 of them are bug...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help!!! I am running a fully patched Hyper-V Server 2016 with 6 VMs. 3 of them are bug...: The VMS are 4 x Windows 10 Pro, 2 x Server 2022 Standard. I have run DISM restore health sfc /scannow chkdsk /r /f with no issues found! 2 of the Win10 and 1 of the server VMs are crashing. The mini-dumps point to bad driver ntoskrnl.exe from bad address ntoskrnl.exe+42xxxIn...
  5. Need Help!!! I am running a fully patched Hyper-V Server 2016 with 6 VMs. 3 of them are bug...

Need Help!!! I am running a fully patched Hyper-V Server 2016 with 6 VMs. 3 of them are bug...: The VMS are 4 x Windows 10 Pro, 2 x Server 2022 Standard. I have run DISM restore health sfc /scannow chkdsk /r /f with no issues found! 2 of the Win10 and 1 of the server VMs are crashing. The mini-dumps point to bad driver ntoskrnl.exe from bad address ntoskrnl.exe+42xxxIn...
  6. Need Help!!! I am running a fully patched Hyper-V Server 2016 with 6 VMs. 3 of them are bug...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 11 has fully broken my PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 has fully broken my PC.: I've got a new PC in August and since October it's been breaking and playing up constantly. I keep getting the Blue Screen of Death for a variety of reasons it's never consistent, when my PC does boot it will sometimes have no sound or an inability to connect to the internet...
  8. Windows 11 has fully broken my PC.

Windows 11 has fully broken my PC.: I've got a new PC in August and since October it's been breaking and playing up constantly. I keep getting the Blue Screen of Death for a variety of reasons it's never consistent, when my PC does boot it will sometimes have no sound or an inability to connect to the internet...
  9. mine windows is fully broken

mine windows is fully broken: as i said i made format and downloaded media creation tool from microsoft https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 site, but like its broken, windows start is missing apps and if i click windows button on keyboard the out of nowhere windows were selecting...
  10. Is my laptop fully broken?

Is my laptop fully broken?: I made a post like this before but I didn't find any solutions. I can't remember the exact model but I have a Lenovo Ideapad with Windows 10. I wasn't sure what was happening recently because randomly out of nowhere, one day my laptop became unusable. My applications weren't...