Windows 10: My Windows 10 is not activating after replacing hardware

Discus and support My Windows 10 is not activating after replacing hardware in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi All, I have replaced my HDD to SDD. I have connected my gmail account to my previous installed windows also I have been asked that if I use same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AzazKhalid, Oct 18, 2019.

1. My Windows 10 is not activating after replacing hardware

Hi All,

I have replaced my HDD to SDD. I have connected my gmail account to my previous installed windows also I have been asked that if I use same version then my windows will be automatically but now Its not getting key from BIOS nor from online my account. Its giving me error: Error code: 0xC004C003 The activation server determined the specific has been blocked.

Thanks in advance.

:)

AzazKhalid, Oct 18, 2019

2. Windows 10 wont "Activate" after hardware upgrade

Hi, fcp4life,

Follow the steps listed in this Support Doc.

Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/...

If you made a significant hardware change to your device (such as replacing the motherboard), Windows 10 might no longer be activated and you might see the activation error codes 0x803f7001 or 0xC004C008.

If your Original Hardware Manufacturer (OEM) changed the motherboard for you, your PC should reactivate automatically or you should be provided with a replacement product key. If you see the Activation error “Unable to reach Windows activation servers,” then
    follow the steps in this additional help article.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12440/...

Smittychat., Oct 18, 2019
  3. Smitty3PM Win User
    Windows 10 Activation after hardware change

• "You upgraded to Windows 10 using the free upgrade offer, but Windows 10 isn't activated after a reinstall. Your copy of Windows 10 should automatically be activated so long as you didn't make any significant hardware changes to your device (such as replacing
      the hard drive or motherboard)."

I just recently upgraded my motherboard, graphics card, and processor. Now my Windows 10 isnt activated anymore, and when i go through the steps to troubleshoot, it says the windows activation just says.

Unable to activate Windows

We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later.

anyone have an answer to this please...

Smitty3PM, Oct 18, 2019
  4. My Windows 10 is not activating after replacing hardware

Activation problems after hardware changes and reinstallations.

Hi Meli,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Was Windows 10 activated before re-installing it?

Along with the suggestions provided by Greg, you can also refer the steps below.

The only hardware changes that can negatively impact activation status once you upgrade to free version are the changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    The following changes are examples of hardware changes that will NOT impact the activation status:

• HDD/SSD
    • Video card
    • Adding extra memory
    If you replace the CPU, TPM, or Motherboard you may have to re-activate but this will not require a purchase of Windows 10.

Why can't I activate Windows 10?:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

Get help with Windows 10 activation errors:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/activation-errors-windows-10

Can I clean re-install Windows 10 after upgrading?

Can I clean re-install Windows 10 after upgrading?

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Oct 18, 2019
Thema:

My Windows 10 is not activating after replacing hardware

1. My Windows 10 is not activating after replacing hardware - Similar Threads - activating replacing hardware

2. Windows Activation after hardware failure and replacement.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation after hardware failure and replacement.: I have Windows 10 Pro digital license and the associated product key from the media for install. After a MB failure I have been unable to reactivate Windows 10. I have the same hard drive however all other system components MB, CPU and RAM were required to be swapped due to...
  3. Windows Activation after hardware failure and replacement.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Activation after hardware failure and replacement.: I have Windows 10 Pro digital license and the associated product key from the media for install. After a MB failure I have been unable to reactivate Windows 10. I have the same hard drive however all other system components MB, CPU and RAM were required to be swapped due to...
  4. can't activate windows after replacing hardware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    can't activate windows after replacing hardware: i bought windows 10 home. I installed it on dell vostro 3670. my computer is broken. I have replaced the motherboard and the hard drive. now I can't activate windows can't find product key. I don't save purchase email. order history doesn't contain product key. i signed in...
  5. can't activate windows after replacing hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't activate windows after replacing hardware: i bought windows 10 home. I installed it on dell vostro 3670. my computer is broken. I have replaced the motherboard and the hard drive. now I can't activate windows can't find product key. I don't save purchase email. order history doesn't contain product key. i signed in...
  6. Activation after full hardware replacement

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation after full hardware replacement: I've been on this for a while. I have both the old and the new computers plugged in at the moment but realize that at some point I can't do that. I'm doing it because I needed to figure out my activation status. I confirmed that Win10 Pro is activated and linked to my...
  7. activation after hardware replacement

activation after hardware replacement: yesterday i replaced my mobo, cpu, ram and psu, my harddrive stayed the same. after the replacement i performed a system recovery. Now there is a mark that says: "activate windows." I used the troubleshoot option but it didn't work....
  8. Can't activate after replacing hardware

Can't activate after replacing hardware: Hi I have just this afternoon completed the replacement of my husband's mobo, CPU and memory. I've tried activating the pc although I had to change the password but that was eventually completed satifactorily. I then tried activating Windows and was told they couldn't...
  9. Activate Windows after replacing hardware

Activate Windows after replacing hardware: Hi! I just recently changed my hardware. (New CPU, RAM and MB) Now my problem is I have to reactivate Windows 10. However, when I try to do so it says that "We can't activate Windows on this device. Try again later". Also I don't know how to find my product key again...
  10. Activating Windows 10 After Replacing Hardware

Activating Windows 10 After Replacing Hardware: Hello everyone! I have a question and I apologize if this has been discussed earlier. I am really confused about how activation now works with Windows 10. I hope someone can help me understand. Say I have a PC that had Window 7 with an OEM license installed, and then it was...