Windows 10: MY WINDOWS 10 IS NOT ALLOWING SCANNER SOFTWARE TO CONNECT WITH PRINTER HENCE MY SCANNER OF...

Discus and support MY WINDOWS 10 IS NOT ALLOWING SCANNER SOFTWARE TO CONNECT WITH PRINTER HENCE MY SCANNER OF... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; MY WINDOWS 10 IS NOT ALLOWING SCANNER SOFTWARE TO CONNECT WITH PRINTER HENCE MY SCANNER OF PRINTER WHICH WAS WORKING NICELY IS NOW NOT WORKING... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RAVINDRAPARIKH, Sep 30, 2018.

1. MY WINDOWS 10 IS NOT ALLOWING SCANNER SOFTWARE TO CONNECT WITH PRINTER HENCE MY SCANNER OF...

MY WINDOWS 10 IS NOT ALLOWING SCANNER SOFTWARE TO CONNECT WITH

PRINTER HENCE MY SCANNER OF PRINTER WHICH WAS WORKING NICELY IS NOW NOT WORKING

:)

RAVINDRAPARIKH, Sep 30, 2018

2. Windows 10 recognizes my printer+scanner only as a printer.

Hello,

Another method you may try is to uninstall and reinstall the printer. The following are the steps:

Remove your printer

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners.
    • Under Printers & scanners, find the printer, select it, and then select Remove device.

Install or add a local printer

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners.
    • Under Printers & Scanners, see if your printer is installed.
    • If you don’t see your device, select Add a printer or scanner. Wait for it to find available printers, choose the one you want, and then select Add device.

On the other hand, we suggest also that you reach out the manufacturer of your printer/scanner for the driver availability or work around.

Regards.

JohnMel And, Sep 30, 2018
  3. Scanner

Hi JSmith,

Your scanner should be installed first in order for your computer to recognize it. Since you're using a printer/scanner in one, you need to add or install the device as a printer and as a scanner. Make sure that the printer is properly connected to your
    computer and is turned on when you try to install it. Follow these steps:

• Click Start > Settings > Devices.
    • Under Add printers & scanners, click the + sign and select
      Add device.

Once added, try checking if you're able to scan. If your computer still doesn't detect the scanner, then we suggest that you get in touch with HP Support for further assistance.

Feel free to let us know if you need more information.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 30, 2018
  4. MY WINDOWS 10 IS NOT ALLOWING SCANNER SOFTWARE TO CONNECT WITH PRINTER HENCE MY SCANNER OF...

Unable to access the printer/ scanner after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Richard,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are unable to access the printer/ scanner on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know following to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you installed all the drivers for printer/scanner after upgrading to Windows 10?
    • How have you connected the printer/scanner to your device?
    • Is your printer/scanner device detect on your computer?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message while trying to access the printer/ scanner?

This issue might have occurred due to outdated/ corrupted, let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: If the drive is being detected in Device Manager try the below to update the drivers:

• Right click on Start button and select
      Device Manager.

• Expand Print queues, right click on the drivers and click on
      Update driver software.

• Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of connecting the printer/ scanner for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

MY WINDOWS 10 IS NOT ALLOWING SCANNER SOFTWARE TO CONNECT WITH PRINTER HENCE MY SCANNER OF...

1. MY WINDOWS 10 IS NOT ALLOWING SCANNER SOFTWARE TO CONNECT WITH PRINTER HENCE MY SCANNER OF... - Similar Threads - ALLOWING SCANNER SOFTWARE

2. Where is my scanner on the all in one printer/scanner?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is my scanner on the all in one printer/scanner?: Scanner function on my all in one printer scanner is not available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-my-scanner-on-the-all-in-one/f668600c-1ea0-452a-966b-ae880d535502
  3. Where is my scanner on the all in one printer/scanner?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is my scanner on the all in one printer/scanner?: Scanner function on my all in one printer scanner is not available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-my-scanner-on-the-all-in-one/f668600c-1ea0-452a-966b-ae880d535502
  4. Where is my scanner on the all in one printer/scanner?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My printer/scanner icon does not show in Printers and Scanners.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My printer/scanner icon does not show in Printers and Scanners.: My printer/scanner operates fine in multiple apps, shows in Device Manager, but the icon does not show in Printers and Scanners. I have the updated printer drivers, I have restarted the computer, etc. still no icon. I am running Windows Home 11. The icon was visible in...
  6. My printer/scanner icon does not show in Printers and Scanners.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My printer/scanner icon does not show in Printers and Scanners.: My printer/scanner operates fine in multiple apps, shows in Device Manager, but the icon does not show in Printers and Scanners. I have the updated printer drivers, I have restarted the computer, etc. still no icon. I am running Windows Home 11. The icon was visible in...
  7. PRINTERS AND SCANNERS-LOST CONNECTIONS

PRINTERS AND SCANNERS-LOST CONNECTIONS: Hello: I was trying to access my Brother Scanner and my HP Printer. Both are wireless. I just moved to a new apartment and also got a new server. I had previously used Xfinity as my Internet Server. I am now using RCN. A new router was put in and I have tried to access...
  8. scanner / printer connection

scanner / printer connection: I am trying to scan a paper to my computer which is already connected to my computer and I can not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner-printer-connection/c4036449-8ca6-4721-95b6-44d974110921
  9. Scanner is "not connected." Printer is working.

Scanner is "not connected." Printer is working.: An update on Windows 10 took place on 12th March 2019 and today when attempting to scan a document it says that my scanner is not connected although the printer is working fine. What can I do? * Original title: Scanner...
  10. Scanner software is not getting connected to the printer

Scanner software is not getting connected to the printer: I use HP Laser jet 1213 printer, which I have connected to my PC running Windows 10. The problem is that my scanner software is not getting connected to the printer. I cannot see the Scan icon, which was there before. When I try to scan, it writes ‘device cannot be found”....