Windows 10: my windows 10 is not booting after installing ubuntu alongside

Discus and support my windows 10 is not booting after installing ubuntu alongside in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hellofew days ago I tried to install ubuntu in my legacy bios laptop. but I failed to install. then I saw a youtube video and had installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HridoyAhmed1, Jun 28, 2021.

1. my windows 10 is not booting after installing ubuntu alongside

hellofew days ago I tried to install ubuntu in my legacy bios laptop. but I failed to install. then I saw a youtube video and had installed successfully ubuntu only after deleting EFI folder from LiveUsb. But after completing the installation of ubuntu, my windows 10 is not booting. In the grub menu two option of win10 are showing, i.e 1 de/sda1 2 dev/sdb2 . When I click each of them, they just turn into a black screen. sometimes it shows "pc need to be repaired" .I tried a lot to fix this problem, i watched lots of youtube video and read article and followed those procedur

:)

HridoyAhmed1, Jun 28, 2021

2. Installing Ubuntu alongside windows

I have an HP laptop in which genuine win 10 home installed on ssd . I want to install ubuntu on my hdd. Will doing so void my windows license or device warranty? Is it recommended ro install other OS alongside genuine windows?

PrachiSharma1, Jun 28, 2021
  3. ScrMj Win User
    Installing Windows 10 alongside Ubuntu?

I have already made a reservation for Windows 10, but I'm wondering what'll happen to other partitions when it's time to install Windows 10?

I am currently dual-booting Windows 8.1 and Ubuntu 14.04 through GRUB2, and I fear the installation of Windows 10 may wipe Ubuntu's partitions (I have Ubuntu installed through multiple partitions) and/or render it unbootable. I already expect the installation
    to wipe or replace GRUB2 to make Windows 10 boot by default, but I'm pretty sure that's fixable. However, I don't want it to delete Ubuntu as a whole, since I still need to use it for work, etc.

I'm already making backups of everything I need from Ubuntu in case anything goes wrong, but I still need to ask. How will the installation work on a machine dual-booting Windows and Ubuntu?

ScrMj, Jun 28, 2021
  4. my windows 10 is not booting after installing ubuntu alongside

How to install WIndows 10 alongside Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

I have at present Windows 7 installed alongside Ubuntu 14.04. Wanted to upgrade to Win 10. I downloaded the upgrade. But the installation failed. Please help!

Debasish_b, Jun 28, 2021
Thema:

my windows 10 is not booting after installing ubuntu alongside

1. my windows 10 is not booting after installing ubuntu alongside - Similar Threads - booting installing ubuntu

2. Windows 10 re-installation alongside Ubuntu after accidentally deleting it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 re-installation alongside Ubuntu after accidentally deleting it: I recently installed ubuntu linux from a usb flash drive. I did create a seperate partition for the installation of ubuntu, however the installation was performed on the ssd containing windows 10. When I reboot, I still have the windows 10 boot option in the choices, but it...
  3. Windows 10 re-installation alongside Ubuntu after accidentally deleting it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 re-installation alongside Ubuntu after accidentally deleting it: I recently installed ubuntu linux from a usb flash drive. I did create a seperate partition for the installation of ubuntu, however the installation was performed on the ssd containing windows 10. When I reboot, I still have the windows 10 boot option in the choices, but it...
  4. Windows 10 re-installation alongside Ubuntu after accidentally deleting it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 reinstallation alongside ubuntu after accidentally deletin it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 reinstallation alongside ubuntu after accidentally deletin it: I recently installed ubuntu linux from a usb flash drive. I did create a seperate partition for the installation of ubuntu, however the installation was performed on the ssd containing windows 10. When I reboot, I still have the windows 10 boot option in the choices, but it...
  6. Windows 10 reinstallation alongside ubuntu after accidentally deletin it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 reinstallation alongside ubuntu after accidentally deletin it: I recently installed ubuntu linux from a usb flash drive. I did create a seperate partition for the installation of ubuntu, however the installation was performed on the ssd containing windows 10. When I reboot, I still have the windows 10 boot option in the choices, but it...
  7. Windows 10 reinstallation alongside ubuntu after accidentally deletin it

8. Install Windows 10 alongside Ubuntu

Install Windows 10 alongside Ubuntu: I want to install Windows 10 on my pc that I'm currently running ubuntu on. In the past when I attempted to install windows and ubuntu, it erased all of my linux partitions in the process. How do I prevent Windows from accessing, erasing, or modifying these partitions during...
  9. Installing Ubuntu alongside windows

Installing Ubuntu alongside windows: I have an HP laptop in which genuine win 10 home installed on ssd . I want to install ubuntu on my hdd. Will doing so void my windows license or device warranty? Is it recommended ro install other OS alongside genuine windows?...
  10. Setup dual-boot Ubuntu alongside Win10

Setup dual-boot Ubuntu alongside Win10: I've installed Kubuntu on my SSD. I can live boot the USB and see it installed there. However, No matter what I've tried I have not been able to boot the program from my SSD. There is a EFI partition. There is a ubuntu selection available in the boot menu. Selecting it has no...