Windows 10: My windows 10 is slow at startup

Discus and support My windows 10 is slow at startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have windows version 20h2, and Everytime it takes a lot of time to start. After starting for nearly 5-6min the computer is laggy, after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Prajwal., Jun 20, 2021.

1. Prajwal. Win User

My windows 10 is slow at startup

I have windows version 20h2, and Everytime it takes a lot of time to start. After starting for nearly 5-6min the computer is laggy, after certain time it starts working fine no lag nothing. I don't know what to do with such problem. I disabled startup programs, background apps. Still the problem persists.

:)

Prajwal., Jun 20, 2021
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jun 20, 2021
  3. SlipSlice Win User
    Slow Startup

Does anybody know why I am having really slow system startups? I don't have extra startup programs than I use to have. The only thing that I think it could be is my antivirus program. I use AVG now since I reformated 2 days ago..and every since then, I have a really slow startup..I don't know if that is the reason..Does anybody have any suggestions, on how to speed my startup? I use to be able to be on my desktop screen in like 35-40 seconds at most. And now it is way over a minute. Any help would be gr8.

-slip*Cool My windows 10 is slow at startup :cool:

SlipSlice, Jun 20, 2021
  4. catstone Win User

Slow Startup

see if my words helps...skip the steps that u already tried.
    1. check the start-up items. Run the command of "msconfig" , check the "start up" page(i am not sure of the precise name of this page,coz.i am using chinese version of windows). diable ALL the items listed. save the setting and restart.
    2. check the free space of each partition of harddisk. make sure that each partition has a free space of more than 1 gb( higher ,better).
    3. check the list of installed programs, through the control panel. uninstall those seldom used
    4. it might be unkown comflict of softwares. keep your system as clean as possible. for example, you can disable your antivirus, then restart to see if it is faster
    5. it might be fragments. defrag all partitions.
    6. manage the services of your system. right click "my computer",click "manage(G)", in the window below, the third level-1 menu is "service and applications". disable unecessary auto startup services.
    7. up to repend~~

catstone, Jun 20, 2021
Thema:

1. My windows 10 is slow at startup - Similar Threads - slow startup

2. Windows 11 NO taskbar, slow startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 NO taskbar, slow startup: Hello, I built this computer a week and a half ago and everything has went fine up until today when I opened it to see no taskbar for around 5-6 minutes then a pop up to this screen. I am genuinely helpless, I do not know what to do, I did scans, reboots, everything. Need...
  3. Windows 11 NO taskbar, slow startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 NO taskbar, slow startup: Hello, I built this computer a week and a half ago and everything has went fine up until today when I opened it to see no taskbar for around 5-6 minutes then a pop up to this screen. I am genuinely helpless, I do not know what to do, I did scans, reboots, everything. Need...
  4. windows is slow to start all the startup applications, how to improve it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows is slow to start all the startup applications, how to improve it?: Hi,when I login, all my startup applications like skype, teams, onedrive... takes about 3 to 5 minutes to load all of them.and I have a very fast computer.how I can improve this?is it possible to force windows starting all these applications in parallel?from what I can see...
  5. windows is slow to start all the startup applications, how to improve it?

windows is slow to start all the startup applications, how to improve it?: Hi,when I login, all my startup applications like skype, teams, onedrive... takes about 3 to 5 minutes to load all of them.and I have a very fast computer.how I can improve this?is it possible to force windows starting all these applications in parallel?from what I can see...
  6. Display Adapter Driver Causing PC to Startup Extremely Slow

Display Adapter Driver Causing PC to Startup Extremely Slow: For some time now I've been plagued by my PC taking an extremely long time 5 to 10 minutes or longer to start, restart and shut down.Once started the pc runs like a champ.Recently I did a clean install of Windows 11 and the PC start, restart and shut down was back to normal...
  7. Display Adapter Driver Causing PC to Startup Extremely Slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Adapter Driver Causing PC to Startup Extremely Slow: For some time now I've been plagued by my PC taking an extremely long time 5 to 10 minutes or longer to start, restart and shut down.Once started the pc runs like a champ.Recently I did a clean install of Windows 11 and the PC start, restart and shut down was back to normal...
  8. external drive makes pc slow on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    external drive makes pc slow on startup: when I turn on the pc with a specific hard drive my pc takes forever to start up google and discord I've tried changing cables, deleting a few things and the drive is not even half full but when I connect drive #2 it works fine, I'm not sure what it is or what caused this...
  9. external drive makes pc slow on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external drive makes pc slow on startup: when I turn on the pc with a specific hard drive my pc takes forever to start up google and discord I've tried changing cables, deleting a few things and the drive is not even half full but when I connect drive #2 it works fine, I'm not sure what it is or what caused this...
  10. external drive makes pc slow on startup