Windows 10: My windows 10 is undoing changes after reseting with keep files option

Discus and support My windows 10 is undoing changes after reseting with keep files option in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; windows was stuck in the blue screen because there is a boot error in srtTrail.txt says: critical boot is corrupted I faced this problem many times... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Esraakhaled2, Aug 7, 2019.

1. My windows 10 is undoing changes after reseting with keep files option

windows was stuck in the blue screen because there is a boot error in srtTrail.txt says:

critical boot is corrupted

I faced this problem many times and I solved it using reset pc with keep files option because other advanced options didn't work.

but now after reset on 99% windows starts undoing changing and then blue screen back

now, I want the easiest way really.

first: I read in some article to install windows using USB, but is this method keep my files or not?

second: if I choose reset everything, will it goes fine? or I will face the same problem?

third: if second is negative I don't want first, is there a safe way with keeping my files?

fourth: if third is negative? give me easiest way if first is not the easiest. Or I must do first.

fifth: is there a way using other advanced options?

note: my windows is not activated.

confused question! sorry!

Thanks

:)

Esraakhaled2, Aug 7, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Kevin_KK Win User
    How to undo "always open with" option in Windows 10 (1803 build)

I accidentally click "always open with" a particular application on a BibTeX file and now the icons of all such files change to the icon of that app and I cannot find a way to undo the operation. In fact, I want Windows to always ask me how to open
    a BibTeX file
    instead of sticking to a specific program. Thanks for any suggestions!

Here I found some related posts but none of them seem to solve my problem:

Here are what I've tried, but none of them works:

• Execute "assoc .bib= && assoc .bibtex=" in cmd.exe as Administrator.
      Nothing happens.
    • In Settings under "choose default apps by file type", remove the default app at ".bib" entry.
      However, there's no such entry.

Kevin_KK, Aug 7, 2019
  4. My windows 10 is undoing changes after reseting with keep files option

Undo option in File Explorer

Hi Helena,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows + E keys from the Keyboard to open the
      File Explorer.

• Click on the drop down of Customize Quick Access Toolbar beside
      File Explorer.

• Click on Undo.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

My windows 10 is undoing changes after reseting with keep files option

1. My windows 10 is undoing changes after reseting with keep files option - Similar Threads - undoing changes reseting

2. Windows 10 Reset Keeping My Files Option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Reset Keeping My Files Option: Hi there, i'm hoping someone can help. My Lenovo ideapad3 has gone to blue screen and I am unable to restart Windows. Not sure what happened but i think something to do with trying to upgrade to Windows 11. I called Lenovo support and they told me i have to reset the laptop...
  3. Windows 10 Reset Keeping My Files Option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Reset Keeping My Files Option: Hi there, i'm hoping someone can help. My Lenovo ideapad3 has gone to blue screen and I am unable to restart Windows. Not sure what happened but i think something to do with trying to upgrade to Windows 11. I called Lenovo support and they told me i have to reset the laptop...
  4. Windows 10 Reset Keeping My Files Option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. undoing changes when resetting my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    undoing changes when resetting my pc: when resetting my pc, it says undoing changes when it almost done, how do i fix it? i cant even go back to my profile to login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/undoing-changes-when-resetting-my-pc/cb44dfa1-ed81-43f4-8224-3f0c6d93f823
  6. undoing changes when resetting my pc

undoing changes when resetting my pc: when resetting my pc, it says undoing changes when it almost done, how do i fix it? i cant even go back to my profile to login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/undoing-changes-when-resetting-my-pc/cb44dfa1-ed81-43f4-8224-3f0c6d93f823
  7. Reset This PC -- "Keep my files" option

Reset This PC -- "Keep my files" option: I was wondering, if you select the "Keep my files" option while resetting the PC, what folders does Windows keep on the laptop? And besides that, does Windows wipe everything else other than those folders? Any help is appreciated! :...
  8. Cant Login after Windows 10 Reset keeping the files Option

Cant Login after Windows 10 Reset keeping the files Option: The windows 10 on my laptop was getting updated overnight. In the morning the screen was stuck on blank screen. It stayed on blank screen after I restarted several times. I read help comments online & I was able to get to the Blue screen with options. After trying many...
  9. Windows 10 Reset Keep My Files Additional Options

Windows 10 Reset Keep My Files Additional Options: I can't find the additional option while trying to reset my PC to keep preinstalled apps. I only have the option to download windows. Can I please have help?...
  10. Undo or reset Always use this app to open files option in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Undo or reset Always use this app to open files option in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Every file opens with one of the built-in apps in Windows 10 by Microsoft. For example, you may want to set Photos as the default app for a photo viewer. If you are not satisfied with the options suggested by [...] This post Undo or reset Always use this app...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i keep trying to reset my pc byt it keeps undoing cha.ges