Windows 10: My Windows 10 laptop can no longer boot to Windows after attempting to update

Discus and support My Windows 10 laptop can no longer boot to Windows after attempting to update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I wanted to update to the latest build because a program I was required to run most likely require the latest 10 updates. I closed the lid to let it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RidiculousBox Joshua Reen, Jan 17, 2021.

1. My Windows 10 laptop can no longer boot to Windows after attempting to update

I wanted to update to the latest build because a program I was required to run most likely require the latest 10 updates. I closed the lid to let it update overnight. Hours later I restart the system but was met with an error code with cyan background. I don't remember which code was it. A day after I turned it on so I could inform this issue to Microsoft Support, but now the cyan background wont show for 20+ minutes. It just shows the manufacturer logo then does nothing. I'm afraid a software update has bricked the laptop. I've got no other computer machine.

:)

RidiculousBox Joshua Reen, Jan 17, 2021
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Jan 17, 2021
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Jan 17, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

My Windows 10 laptop can no longer boot to Windows after attempting to update

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

My Windows 10 laptop can no longer boot to Windows after attempting to update

1. My Windows 10 laptop can no longer boot to Windows after attempting to update - Similar Threads - laptop longer boot

2. Windows can no longer boot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows can no longer boot.: Hello,My computer was working perfectly fine and was updated from a fresh windows 10 install to windows 11. The only issue I had was that if I didn't have my windows install USB plugged in, then my motherboard would display 40 code and windows would freeze at the waking up...
  3. Windows can no longer boot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows can no longer boot.: Hello,My computer was working perfectly fine and was updated from a fresh windows 10 install to windows 11. The only issue I had was that if I didn't have my windows install USB plugged in, then my motherboard would display 40 code and windows would freeze at the waking up...
  4. After latest Windows update, I can no longer boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After latest Windows update, I can no longer boot up: A month ago I did an upgrade install from Windows 7 to 10. Everything was working fine for a month. But a couple days ago, Windows installed an update and can no longer boot up.The first thing it does is an error screen with this messageCode:The application or operating...
  5. Windows 10 will no longer restart after attempting to apply Windows 10 update KB5005565

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 will no longer restart after attempting to apply Windows 10 update KB5005565: Tried installed Cumulative Update for windows 10 Version 21H1 for x64 based systems KB5005565. Windows 10 update KB5005565 kept trying to install and would fail and remove updates. I paused updates for 35 days. After the 35 day pause windows 10 would try to install WIndows 10...
  6. No longer can boot after Windows Update

No longer can boot after Windows Update: For context, I have an Asus ROG. Yesterday, my laptop ran its automatic windows update and I woke up the next morning to see it was stuck at the boot up screen with the asus logo. At first i thought it wasnt complete, went to work, came back and it was on the same screen....
  7. Lenovo Laptop stuck on Windows 10 boot loop after failed update attempt

Lenovo Laptop stuck on Windows 10 boot loop after failed update attempt: Hi, My Lenovo G510 laptop is currently stuck on an infinite boot loop after it froze at 60% of a Windows 10 updateand i had to force shutdown, I have not been able to have it properly update since the November update that also had issues and did not complete. Previous...
  8. Lenovo Laptop stuck on Windows 10 boot loop after failed update attempt

Lenovo Laptop stuck on Windows 10 boot loop after failed update attempt: Hi, My Lenovo laptop is currently stuck on an infinite boot loop after it froze at 60% of a Windows 10 update, I have not been able to have it properly update since the November update that also had issues and did not complete. Previous updates had issues, but seemingly ran...
  9. Windows fails to boot after attempting to update Windows 10.

Windows fails to boot after attempting to update Windows 10.: Main Issue Whenever I try to update Windows 10, the laptop begins installing the update, then when it restarts to continue installing the update, I can see the windows logo with the spinning dots, however when this disappears the screen stays on a black screen. I have tried...
  10. My Windows 10 laptop no longer updates.

My Windows 10 laptop no longer updates.: There is plenty of space on the HDD and I've had Windows 10 on in since it came out, upgrading for free from Windows 7. Any ideas? The last update it did was in November....