Windows 10: My Windows 10 laptop crashed while playing games

Discus and support My Windows 10 laptop crashed while playing games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; CPU: AMD A8-4500M APU BIOS: American Megatrends Inc., 217,9-7-2012 RAM:: 4GB OS recently upgraded to Windows 10 v2004 (OS Build 19041.508) Laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by layman, Sep 25, 2020.

1. layman Win User

My Windows 10 laptop crashed while playing games

CPU: AMD A8-4500M APU
    BIOS: American Megatrends Inc., 217,9-7-2012
    RAM:: 4GB
    OS recently upgraded to Windows 10 v2004 (OS Build 19041.508)
    Laptop crashed while playing Microsoft Solitare Collection
    The log file is attached here. Please let me know the reason for crash and your suggestions.

:)

layman, Sep 25, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 25, 2020
  3. i have a gaming laptop that crashes during games

Hi,

A corrupted profile is one of the possible reasons why your computer crashes when playing a game. For us to provide proper resolution, we need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Are you having this issue with all of your games?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this concern?
    • Were you able to play a game before without any problem while the charger is plugged in?

Wilfred Mac, Sep 25, 2020
  4. My Windows 10 laptop crashed while playing games

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

My Windows 10 laptop crashed while playing games

1. My Windows 10 laptop crashed while playing games - Similar Threads - laptop crashed while

2. Laptop gpu crashing while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop gpu crashing while playing games: The problem started a week ago. Laptop crashed and gave BSOD with video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error and restarted itself and after restart the gpu wasn't listed in anywhere. Today I found out that everything functions normally when laptop isn't plugged in, I can play games or browse...
  3. Laptop gpu crashing while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop gpu crashing while playing games: The problem started a week ago. Laptop crashed and gave BSOD with video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error and restarted itself and after restart the gpu wasn't listed in anywhere. Today I found out that everything functions normally when laptop isn't plugged in, I can play games or browse...
  4. My computer crashes while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer crashes while playing games: Hi, it's been quite frustrating that when I'm playing any kind of videogame, sooner or later my computer crashes. Sometimes it can be "saved" by opening the task manager fast enough to stop the process, but when it's not enough, my monitor starts showing a black screen, or...
  5. My laptop gpu is crashing while playing games.

My laptop gpu is crashing while playing games.: My GPU is crashing while playing games. Screens flicker after 10 seconds of Nvidia GPU comes to use and it just vanishes from the taskbar and task manager. After the restart, it comes back and the same thing happens when launching games.I had used DDU then also nothing...
  6. My laptop gpu is crashing while playing games.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop gpu is crashing while playing games.: My GPU is crashing while playing games. Screens flicker after 10 seconds of Nvidia GPU comes to use and it just vanishes from the taskbar and task manager. After the restart, it comes back and the same thing happens when launching games.I had used DDU then also nothing...
  7. My laptop gpu is crashing while playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Games Crashes While Playing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Games Crashes While Playing: Few days ago I've done clean installation the windows 10 version 2004. After that, while I'm playing games, sometimes the games just crashed and stop the program. So, what can I do now? And how to fix it?...
  9. Game crashes while playing

Game crashes while playing: Basically I will be playing my game and out of nowhere I will get a random crash, i looked into the Event Viewer and this is my error Faulting application name: ModernWarfare.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5dd6a13e Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version:...
  10. Window 10 Crash While Playing Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 Crash While Playing Games: Hello, I am having an issue where I play games like Diablo 3, World of Warcraft, Slay the Spire, Civilization, and my computer will crash. This just started happening today. I have not changed anything on my CPU in the last week or so. The only change from that has been...