Windows 10: My Windows 10 Laptop has 'Windows Installer' is stuck on 'Preparing to Install'

Discus and support My Windows 10 Laptop has 'Windows Installer' is stuck on 'Preparing to Install' in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Windows 10 Laptop has 'Windows Installer' is stuck on 'Preparing Install', I don't know what I did, it started from FormatFactory and I think I did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by instrogamer121, Aug 4, 2020.

1. My Windows 10 Laptop has 'Windows Installer' is stuck on 'Preparing to Install'

My Windows 10 Laptop has 'Windows Installer' is stuck on 'Preparing Install', I don't know what I did, it started from FormatFactory and I think I did 'OK' and said 'Error 1706. No valid source could be found for product FormatFactory. Windows Installer cannot continue.' and then went to 'Windows Installer' and it is stuck on Preparing to Install... And then as I was about to post this, Windows Installer is saying 'Install server is not responding'

I also check the Windows Update and there are updates to do, but I don't know what to do because this laptop I am using, I use it for school. So please help!

Thanks for reading,

instrogamer121

My Windows 10 Laptop has 'Windows Installer' is stuck on 'Preparing to Install' 4ae5f7f6-e5ab-4b97-a51b-af2b6b753a6b?upload=true.jpg My Windows 10 Laptop has 'Windows Installer' is stuck on 'Preparing to Install' e1573627-4fcf-4632-adc5-b1743342b731?upload=true.jpg My Windows 10 Laptop has 'Windows Installer' is stuck on 'Preparing to Install' ac73ae42-1076-45ab-becc-dafd7d0fe957?upload=true.jpg My Windows 10 Laptop has 'Windows Installer' is stuck on 'Preparing to Install' 3e58949a-c2b5-423e-95eb-736251c31754?upload=true.jpg My Windows 10 Laptop has 'Windows Installer' is stuck on 'Preparing to Install' 4e89c9d1-1302-450e-93de-c2fb86775a34?upload=true.jpg

:)

instrogamer121, Aug 4, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Aug 4, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 4, 2020
  4. CK011885 Win User

My Windows 10 Laptop has 'Windows Installer' is stuck on 'Preparing to Install'

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

My Windows 10 Laptop has 'Windows Installer' is stuck on 'Preparing to Install'

1. My Windows 10 Laptop has 'Windows Installer' is stuck on 'Preparing to Install' - Similar Threads - Laptop has 'Windows

2. Windows 11 installation stuck on preparing to install windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 installation stuck on preparing to install windows 11: Stuck on preparing to install windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-installation-stuck-on-preparing-to/e0a5076a-0271-4bc8-ad30-4f74d1b68c15
  3. Windows 11 installation stuck on preparing to install windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 installation stuck on preparing to install windows 11: Stuck on preparing to install windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-installation-stuck-on-preparing-to/e0a5076a-0271-4bc8-ad30-4f74d1b68c15
  4. Windows 11 installation stuck on preparing to install windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Installer preparing to install stuck

Windows Installer preparing to install stuck: Hello so today after moving some files from my ssd to my hdd, I restarted my pc and then there was a Windows Installer pop up. I've waited for a long time and the most I've gotten was an error message saying "Install server not responding" where I had to retry, canceling it...
  6. Windows 10 install stucks on preparing after reboot

Windows 10 install stucks on preparing after reboot: Hi there, First, if you’re reading this, thank you in advance for your time! I’ve been struggling with a fresh/clean install of Windows 10 during the last 3 days. Let me summarize what’s happening; Old pc with a Asus motherboard, legacy BIOS working with the latest...
  7. New apps stuck on “Windows Installer, Preparing to install”

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New apps stuck on “Windows Installer, Preparing to install”: Today, I downloaded two apps to my Windows 10 Samsung tablet to test for video music collaboration: JamKazam and Jamtaba. When opening the apps, they get stuck on “Windows Installer, Preparing to install.” My Windows Updates are current. Other programs previously installed,...
  8. Windows update stuck in preparing to install

Windows update stuck in preparing to install: I was updating an old laptop I haven't used in a while from version 1511 to 1903. It has been stuck at 14% for 4 hours now. Anything I can do to fix this without restarting the update as I have limited internet? Already tried using the update troubleshooter, says everything's...
  9. (Windows 10) Windows update stuck on preparing for installation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    (Windows 10) Windows update stuck on preparing for installation: tl;dr at bottom I started downloading windows 10 home edition for my laptop a few hours ago, and everything was going smooth until the download was finished and the updater displayed preparing for installation. It started out fine, it was going up slowly, but that was...
  10. Stuck at "Preparing to install"

Stuck at "Preparing to install": My Windows 10 background download was complete but now its stuck at preparing to install? Any ideas? 11628