Windows 10: My Windows 10 Laptop is forcing me to upgrade to Windows 11.

Discus and support My Windows 10 Laptop is forcing me to upgrade to Windows 11. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; First off: I dislike Windows 11 because of how laggy it is, I've tried it twice but my machine can't handle it, so I decided to stay with Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dfjjgjklrkthkj, Oct 3, 2021.

1. My Windows 10 Laptop is forcing me to upgrade to Windows 11.

First off: I dislike Windows 11 because of how laggy it is, I've tried it twice but my machine can't handle it, so I decided to stay with Windows 10.Now here's the problem. I've disabled the "Beta Testing" feature, i've checked the "Stop getting preview builds" feature, I in fact tried EVERYTHING. Literally. Everything on Google. I've tried it.But every time i get rid of it, a few days later I get the popup saying that my computer is ready to be updated. I've disabled the "Windows Update" service with services.msc, too. It used to work. But now it just doesn't for some reason.There's also no "

:)

dfjjgjklrkthkj, Oct 3, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 3, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 3, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

My Windows 10 Laptop is forcing me to upgrade to Windows 11.

Windows 10 forced download

I actually had a client call yesterday with an email problem. when I tried walking him through some steps, he says "Yeah, I don't see that there, but I think it's because it's updated to windows 10. It did that a few weeks ago. I came back in on Monday, and it said Welcome to Windows 10"..... I think I'd throw the computer out the window.

Ahhzz, Oct 3, 2021
Thema:

My Windows 10 Laptop is forcing me to upgrade to Windows 11.

1. My Windows 10 Laptop is forcing me to upgrade to Windows 11. - Similar Threads - Laptop forcing upgrade

2. Is windows 11 forced on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is windows 11 forced on my laptop?: I remember seeing posts a year ago, about win11 installing without users knowledge, I was skeptical until today. In the prosses of restarting my win 10 on lenovo yoga ryzen laptop today I got into a loop of "proposing" win 11. There was no way to deny, It was not sneaked-in...
  3. Is windows 11 forced on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is windows 11 forced on my laptop?: I remember seeing posts a year ago, about win11 installing without users knowledge, I was skeptical until today. In the prosses of restarting my win 10 on lenovo yoga ryzen laptop today I got into a loop of "proposing" win 11. There was no way to deny, It was not sneaked-in...
  4. Is windows 11 forced on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microsoft is forcing me to upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft is forcing me to upgrade to Windows 11: I opened the Windows Update page on my Windows 10 and I cheched for updates like I usually do but it started downloading Windows 11 automaticly and doesn't let me cancel it.I pressed suspend button and resumed the updates and its still downloading the upgrade files.I can't...
  6. Microsoft is forcing me to upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft is forcing me to upgrade to Windows 11: I opened the Windows Update page on my Windows 10 and I cheched for updates like I usually do but it started downloading Windows 11 automaticly and doesn't let me cancel it.I pressed suspend button and resumed the updates and its still downloading the upgrade files.I can't...
  7. Microsoft is forcing me to upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. My pc is forcing windows 11 on me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc is forcing windows 11 on me: so ive been on windows 11 and find it uncomfortable now my pc is forcing me to go to windows 11 idk what to rly do now i need help to stay on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-forcing-windows-11-on-me/bcd3d71c-1c91-43bf-9708-12ca5d32a6af
  9. My pc is forcing windows 11 on me

in Windows 10 Customization
    My pc is forcing windows 11 on me: so ive been on windows 11 and find it uncomfortable now my pc is forcing me to go to windows 11 idk what to rly do now i need help to stay on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-forcing-windows-11-on-me/bcd3d71c-1c91-43bf-9708-12ca5d32a6af
  10. Will upgrading my motherboard force me to reactivate windows?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Will upgrading my motherboard force me to reactivate windows?: Currently my PC is using a old motherboard that has a old CPU in it because my other motherboard with my completely fine i7 in it broke. I now have the money to buy a new motherboard but I'm worried that when I swap motherboards and CPUs my windows will need to be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows forcing me to accept windows 11 I want to think about it

2. windows is forcing me to upgrade to windows 11