Windows 10: My windows 10 laptop start with 3/4 of screen as black after update

Discus and support My windows 10 laptop start with 3/4 of screen as black after update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi After updating my Yoga 900 Windows to 1607,When I power on the system, 3/4 of the screen is black!! I had to plug in my external monitor so the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by babak, Oct 6, 2016.

1. babak Win User

My windows 10 laptop start with 3/4 of screen as black after update

Hi

After updating my Yoga 900 Windows to 1607,When I power on the system, 3/4 of the screen is black!! I had to plug in my external monitor so the screen appears fully (4/4).

What should I do ?

My windows 10 laptop start with 3/4 of screen as black after update [​IMG]

:)

babak, Oct 6, 2016
  2. AngelaFLG Win User

Windows 10 update - now my screen just spins for 3 days

My husband's Windows 10 laptop started a Windows update 3 days ago and the screen is black and shows the spinning circle. Help!

AngelaFLG, Oct 6, 2016
  3. pc screen turn black or goes in sleep mode

I am using Lenovo ideapad 110 and windows 10 Operating system after updating my windows 10 my pc screen suddenly or after using 3 or 4 hours goes in sleep mode or suddenly my screen turn in black and other IO also not work .then I force close my pc and
    it start working again... but this is not the solution I hope someone will help me ..

adilnumair, Oct 6, 2016
Thema:

My windows 10 laptop start with 3/4 of screen as black after update

1. My windows 10 laptop start with 3/4 of screen as black after update - Similar Threads - laptop start screen

2. Laptop starts but screen is black

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop starts but screen is black: So my MSI Laptop is starting up but the screen stays black. I think I may have interrupted an update halfway through. I've looked around for answers and tried opening it up and removing the battery and replacing it, that didn't work. How can I fix this?...
  3. Dell laptop black screened after latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell laptop black screened after latest Windows update: Hi all. My Dell laptop is now supposedly removing the last update after the update failed. I have had to do a safe mode re-start to see that the update had failed and left the laptop with a black screen. The removal notice said not to turn off the computer but it's been...
  4. Black screen in my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen in my laptop: So today I turned on my laptop. Everything was doing fine until the screen was black. If you're wondering how I got this I pressed Ctrl+Shift+Esc (Task Manager) and opened a file location, then I got all of my data, so my PC isn't encrypted, I got all of the normal apps, but...
  5. Black Screen after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Black Screen after Windows 10 update: Windows 10 did an update. Sign in screen is OK but after signing in screen is black. I have pointer and desktop icons but screen is black. Help... 113168
  6. Black screen right after switching my laptop on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen right after switching my laptop on: Hi guys I have a lenovo G570. Yesterday, I tried turning on my laptop. Win 10 booted, and then hanged right at the login screen. The cursor wasn't moving and it was like that for a few minutes. Eventually I got fed up and pulled out the battery (a big mistake). Then the...
  7. Black screen after starting laptop (window 10)

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after starting laptop (window 10): I have a ASUS N53S and after having upgraded to windows 10, I came across a few issues. The update when well and windows 10 is working on my laptop, however, I have an issue where I am presented with a black screen when i start my computer. I do see a ASUS screen and a...
  8. Black screen after resetting my laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after resetting my laptop: So recently my Sony Vaio laptop performance has gone down so I decided to do a reset. Maybe I had malware. I did the fast reset where you can recover some files. After the reset was going, about 44%, it failed. So I decided to shut down the computer and try again later. The...
  9. Black Screen after Windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen after Windows 10 update.: Hi all, I just updated Windows (Running WIndows 10 Pro) after it kept nagging me about it. The update took a while and when it was finally done, Explorer.exe wouldn't start. I see a black screen and my mouse cursor. I can start the task manager and open most programs from...
  10. 3/4 of a screen on start up after latest update.

in Windows 10 Support
    3/4 of a screen on start up after latest update.: Had this odd thing happen after the latest windows update. I start my comp as normal but when i get to the desktop im getting this... [img] Its like a 1/4 of my screen is missing. I went to display and the resolution was my normal 1024x768. So i changed the screen res...