Windows 10: My windows 10 laptop started hibernating on it’s own

Discus and support My windows 10 laptop started hibernating on it’s own in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I managed to stop it from hibernating; now it shuts down immediately after login or even when I don’t login. It’s so fast I can’t even get a window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Instadog, Apr 22, 2024.

1. Instadog Win User

My windows 10 laptop started hibernating on it’s own

I managed to stop it from hibernating; now it shuts down immediately after login or even when I don’t login. It’s so fast I can’t even get a window open to troubleshoot. At least when it hibernated I can get a couple things done before it shuts off again.

:)

Instadog, Apr 22, 2024

2. Laptop no longer hibernates on critical power

Hi Mike,

The laptop's battery is possibly wearing out. Since you haven't change any settings, we suggest that you change the critical battery level a bit higher so that your laptop can perform a hibernation on a much higher percentage than the default. Follow the
    steps below:

• Type Power Options on the Start menu search bar.
    • Under Battery, click on Critical battery level.
    • Chang the default percentage to 10% or higher.
    • Click on Apply.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Apr 22, 2024
  3. Windows 10 Hibernate problems

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if for any power components change status.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View All from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select Power from the options, click on Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.
    • Check for the missing/corrupted power component status of the troubleshooter, close the window and check if the issue is resolved.
    You can follow the step by step guide to
    enable hibernate option in windows 10

Swapnil Kharche, Apr 22, 2024
  4. My windows 10 laptop started hibernating on it’s own

Missing hibernate button

Hi Yusak,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. Will you be able to provide the exact error message that you recieved?

We suggest that you try to enable hibernation on your device using the Command Prompt.

To make hibernation available, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate on, and then press Enter.
    • Type exit, and then press Enter to close the Command Prompt window.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Apr 22, 2024
Thema:

My windows 10 laptop started hibernating on it’s own

1. My windows 10 laptop started hibernating on it’s own - Similar Threads - laptop started hibernating

2. My windows 10 laptop started hibernating on it’s own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 10 laptop started hibernating on it’s own: I managed to stop it from hibernating; now it shuts down immediately after login or even when I don’t login. It’s so fast I can’t even get a window open to troubleshoot. At least when it hibernated I can get a couple things done before it shuts off again....
  3. My windows 10 laptop started hibernating on it’s own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows 10 laptop started hibernating on it’s own: I managed to stop it from hibernating; now it shuts down immediately after login or even when I don’t login. It’s so fast I can’t even get a window open to troubleshoot. At least when it hibernated I can get a couple things done before it shuts off again....
  4. hibernation problem with my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hibernation problem with my laptop: i have tried everthing but still not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hibernation-problem-with-my-laptop/5aa1255b-0ff5-44b0-8542-43231e05e867
  5. Laptop Start Hibernation during tasks.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Start Hibernation during tasks.: To start off, I have a new ASUS Zephyrus G15, model GU503QR. It has an AMD 5900hs and an RTX3070. I use the laptop with an external monitor, and have "Choose what closing the lid does" option to "Do nothing," as well as, set the external monitor to primary or "Only display...
  6. Unable to hibernate windows 10 laptop.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unable to hibernate windows 10 laptop.: Hi I have been facing a problem recently. I m unable to hibernate my sytem. its windows 10 version 2004, build 19041.329. Its a dell xps laptop. It was working fine but now it doesn hybernate. It does hibernate after i close all the running applications. WIthout that the...
  7. HP450 Laptop wakes up on its own from hibernation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HP450 Laptop wakes up on its own from hibernation: I have an HP450 running Windows 10 version 1903. It wakes up on its own from hibernation. Seems to occur if we leave it in hibernation for about 8 hours. I have reviewed other similar problems on Community but cannot resolve this. I disabled setting for plugged in:...
  8. windows 10 hibernate on its own (usually when inactive)

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 hibernate on its own (usually when inactive): anybody faced such a behavior ? i usually leave the laptop running over night to encode videos for my car player or gear vr , after the upgrade to the anniversary edition i noticed that windows 10 adopted an odd behavior of hibernating the system if it finds the user inactive...
  9. Windows 10 starting on its own

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 starting on its own: I recently decided to build my own computer, however to my horror, Windows 10 is still not working and has caused my computer to randomly cut to black screen, not turn on when the power button is pressed and to restart itself only to cut out 5-10 seconds after powering on. No...
  10. windows re-arrange on their own when laptop hibernates

in Windows 10 Support
    windows re-arrange on their own when laptop hibernates: Hi, Thanks a ton for sharing this illustrative tutorial. I have a weird issue and maybe you could throw some light on it. I had set up extended display on 3 monitors (2 DELL monitors and a Lenovo monitor). I have a DELL docking station to connect two monitors using a...