Windows 10: My windows 10 laptop's Hotspot provides partial internet access to my iphone

Discus and support My windows 10 laptop's Hotspot provides partial internet access to my iphone in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I connected my iphone to my laptop's hotspot, but some applications on my phone are not loading, they get stuck on buffering till I get a message that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ed19, Dec 8, 2019.

1. ed19 Win User

My windows 10 laptop's Hotspot provides partial internet access to my iphone

I connected my iphone to my laptop's hotspot, but some applications on my phone are not loading, they get stuck on buffering till I get a message that the server stopped responding. However, when I want to verify connection on the browser, the websites are loading normally, but not all of the websites, because some content gets stuck buffering. How can I enable full internet access to my Iphone? My laptop is connected via ethernet cable and I am using my iphone near my laptop

:)

ed19, Dec 8, 2019

2. Iphone 6 Tmobile Tethering Mobile Hotspot No Internet

I have a Iphone 6 that has a personal hotspot that I have been trying to connect to my laptop via USB and Wifi. I currently have Windows 10 running on my HP Envy dv6 C2Y45AV. I also taken necessary steps to harden the system against viruses and attacks.
    So far the only issues that I am having is trying to tether with my Iphone's personal hotspot. I can connect other devices such as tablets to the hotspot but with no luck with my laptop.

The laptop and Iphone 6 will show that the devices is connected but with "no internet".

My laptop will however connect via ethernet and wifi just not via hotspot.

I have the current version of Itunes and the IOS on my Iphone 6 is current.

I would greatly appreciate some step by step guide to resolve my issues with connecting to a hotspot.

JohnApplease, Dec 8, 2019
  3. jacobacci Win User
    Personal Hotspot on iPhone not detected on Thinkpad T480s

I used to be able to connect my iPhone 6s (iOS 13) to my Thinkpad T480s (Win 10 Pro, 1903, latest updates) via USB-C and use the personal hotspot on the iPhone to connect to the internet. This worked without any issues for several years through several upgrades of iOS and Windows.
    Now I switched to an iPhone 11 Pro (iOS 13) and the T480s does not detect the iPhone's personal hotspot any more. Personal hotspot is turned on on the iPhone 11 Pro. The T480s sees the iPhone and I can browse its content.
    The personal hotspot on the iPhone 6s (also iOS 13) is also not detected any more since I updated the following Apple software on the T480s to the current versions:
    • AppleApplicationSupport64
    • AppleMobileDeviceSupport64
    • AppleSoftwareUpdate
    Am I missing something here?

jacobacci, Dec 8, 2019
  4. My windows 10 laptop's Hotspot provides partial internet access to my iphone

No internet / wifi from hotspot

So I have a Surface Pro 4 running windows 10 was working perfect this morning on my normal wifi. I pack it up to go somewhere and when I try to connect it to an iphone or iPad hotspot I just got it connected but with no internet. Both the ipad and iphone were getting internet as I'm writing this from my ipad and doing things on my phone.

I tried resetting all of them and turning hotspot, bluetooth, wifi on and off.. I've had problems connecting pc's to apple hotspots before, normally just rebooting everything and toggling hotspot on/off does the trick.

I started reading some internet troubleshooting guides, one suggested I reset my network settings on my phone.

I did this - now the surface pro 4 won't even connect to it. It will see the wifi network but will not connect.

The ipad it connects but does not give me internet access.

I also tried my friends iphone hotspot to just make sure it wasn't something with my devices and it did the same thing.

Any ideas?

realtordcnova, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

My windows 10 laptop's Hotspot provides partial internet access to my iphone

1. My windows 10 laptop's Hotspot provides partial internet access to my iphone - Similar Threads - laptop's Hotspot provides

2. Can't connect to Personal Hotspot on my iphone on my windows 10 laptop it will connect on...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect to Personal Hotspot on my iphone on my windows 10 laptop it will connect on...: Hi, every time I try to connect to my personal hotspot on my phone, it says "no internet, secured", my hotspot works on all other windows devices....
  3. The pc is connected to the hotspot from my iphone but no internet access.

The pc is connected to the hotspot from my iphone but no internet access.: waiting for respond.thanks : ) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-pc-is-connected-to-the-hotspot-from-my-iphone/78d58959-5960-4d6c-80a4-af7fe4111b71
  4. Pairing my Iphone to the laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pairing my Iphone to the laptop: Hi, I recently bought this laptop and I am discovering its new features just now. Anyways, I tried using Dell Mobile Connect but it's not working with my Iphone. It says to accept the pin showing on the screen of the phone, but nothing happens after that. Can I please get...
  5. Linking my iphone with my laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Linking my iphone with my laptop: okay I have a I phone 6s ,ios 12.3.1 will it pair with my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/linking-my-iphone-with-my-laptop/5f429b8d-f289-4d76-a6a1-51603b6279f6
  6. My iPhone hotspot wont show up in the networks

My iPhone hotspot wont show up in the networks: it's starting to make me mad how my iPhone hotspot will show up on my ps4 but won't show up on my PC. Help mee https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-iphone-hotspot-wont-show-up-in-the-networks/b1ac7a51-56a4-4818-8f8e-67f5b2ec78a6
  7. Using a phone hotspot to access internet with laptop

Using a phone hotspot to access internet with laptop: Due to the remote area we live in we have to use our phones hotspot to connect to the internet with our computers. I have a Samsung - Galaxy S9 phone and a HP Windows 10 laptop. For the last several months I have been accessing the internet on my computer via the hotspot...
  8. Access denied to my internet provider

Access denied to my internet provider: When windows 10 updated, it blocked my access,to my IP keeps saying authencation failed ?? Ive tried system restore,no luck there, PS I did check network connections For the details thats were I found that Win is blocking me. How will windows 10 correct this.?...
  9. My laptop hotspot is not working

My laptop hotspot is not working: There seems to be an issue with my hotspot as after update my laptop hotspot has stopped working. Im am connected to internet through ethernet. However even after trying multiple times the hotspot is not turning on and it doesn't even show any error. Kindly help me fixing the...
  10. Android hotspot provides "connected, no internet" to my laptop

Android hotspot provides "connected, no internet" to my laptop: Hello, When I use my android phone's (OnePlus 5T) mobile hotspot to connect to an other smartphone, it works fine, but when I connect the hotspot to my laptop, it says "connected, no internet". When I go to a website, Chrome says "There is no internet connection". I've...