Windows 10: My windows 10 laptop's Hotspot provides partial internet access to my iphone

Discus and support My windows 10 laptop's Hotspot provides partial internet access to my iphone in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I connected my iphone to my laptop's hotspot, but some applications on my phone are not loading, they get stuck on buffering till I get a message that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ed19, Dec 8, 2019.

1. ed19 Win User

My windows 10 laptop's Hotspot provides partial internet access to my iphone

I connected my iphone to my laptop's hotspot, but some applications on my phone are not loading, they get stuck on buffering till I get a message that the server stopped responding. However, when I want to verify connection on the browser, the websites are loading normally, but not all of the websites, because some content gets stuck buffering. How can I enable full internet access to my Iphone? My laptop is connected via ethernet cable and I am using my iphone near my laptop

:)

ed19, Dec 8, 2019

2. Iphone 6 Tmobile Tethering Mobile Hotspot No Internet

I have a Iphone 6 that has a personal hotspot that I have been trying to connect to my laptop via USB and Wifi. I currently have Windows 10 running on my HP Envy dv6 C2Y45AV. I also taken necessary steps to harden the system against viruses and attacks.
    So far the only issues that I am having is trying to tether with my Iphone's personal hotspot. I can connect other devices such as tablets to the hotspot but with no luck with my laptop.

The laptop and Iphone 6 will show that the devices is connected but with "no internet".

My laptop will however connect via ethernet and wifi just not via hotspot.

I have the current version of Itunes and the IOS on my Iphone 6 is current.

I would greatly appreciate some step by step guide to resolve my issues with connecting to a hotspot.

JohnApplease, Dec 8, 2019
  3. jacobacci Win User
    Personal Hotspot on iPhone not detected on Thinkpad T480s

I used to be able to connect my iPhone 6s (iOS 13) to my Thinkpad T480s (Win 10 Pro, 1903, latest updates) via USB-C and use the personal hotspot on the iPhone to connect to the internet. This worked without any issues for several years through several upgrades of iOS and Windows.
    Now I switched to an iPhone 11 Pro (iOS 13) and the T480s does not detect the iPhone's personal hotspot any more. Personal hotspot is turned on on the iPhone 11 Pro. The T480s sees the iPhone and I can browse its content.
    The personal hotspot on the iPhone 6s (also iOS 13) is also not detected any more since I updated the following Apple software on the T480s to the current versions:
    • AppleApplicationSupport64
    • AppleMobileDeviceSupport64
    • AppleSoftwareUpdate
    Am I missing something here?

jacobacci, Dec 8, 2019
  4. My windows 10 laptop's Hotspot provides partial internet access to my iphone

No internet / wifi from hotspot

So I have a Surface Pro 4 running windows 10 was working perfect this morning on my normal wifi. I pack it up to go somewhere and when I try to connect it to an iphone or iPad hotspot I just got it connected but with no internet. Both the ipad and iphone were getting internet as I'm writing this from my ipad and doing things on my phone.

I tried resetting all of them and turning hotspot, bluetooth, wifi on and off.. I've had problems connecting pc's to apple hotspots before, normally just rebooting everything and toggling hotspot on/off does the trick.

I started reading some internet troubleshooting guides, one suggested I reset my network settings on my phone.

I did this - now the surface pro 4 won't even connect to it. It will see the wifi network but will not connect.

The ipad it connects but does not give me internet access.

I also tried my friends iphone hotspot to just make sure it wasn't something with my devices and it did the same thing.

Any ideas?

realtordcnova, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

My windows 10 laptop's Hotspot provides partial internet access to my iphone

1. My windows 10 laptop's Hotspot provides partial internet access to my iphone - Similar Threads - laptop's Hotspot provides

2. Can not connect my laptop's hotspot on my iPhone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not connect my laptop's hotspot on my iPhone.: Hi,I'm trying to use my laptop as a hotspot. I connected my ethernet cable and tried the future. It is working but not in all devices. My problem is all devices can connect to my hotspot other than iPhone. iPhone sees my personal hotspot however, it is not connecting.I tried...
  3. Can not connect my laptop's hotspot on my iPhone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not connect my laptop's hotspot on my iPhone.: Hi,I'm trying to use my laptop as a hotspot. I connected my ethernet cable and tried the future. It is working but not in all devices. My problem is all devices can connect to my hotspot other than iPhone. iPhone sees my personal hotspot however, it is not connecting.I tried...
  4. Can not connect my laptop's hotspot on my iPhone.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. When the hotspot is on, my own laptop can't access internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When the hotspot is on, my own laptop can't access internet.: After the last updates KB5014699, when I turn on the laptop hotspot, I can't access internet on my own laptop but devices connected to the hotspot will have access to the internet. I have no idea what happened, because before the updates, both my laptop and the connected...
  6. When the hotspot is on, my own laptop can't access internet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When the hotspot is on, my own laptop can't access internet.: After the last updates KB5014699, when I turn on the laptop hotspot, I can't access internet on my own laptop but devices connected to the hotspot will have access to the internet. I have no idea what happened, because before the updates, both my laptop and the connected...
  7. Quasi-urgent problem: my laptop won’t connect to my iPhone’s hotspot internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quasi-urgent problem: my laptop won’t connect to my iPhone’s hotspot internet: While my Lenovo registers that it is connected to my iPhone, and visa versa, there is always a “No internet, secured” message under the hotspot’s mane in the wifi network list. Is this a Windows problem or an iOS problem, and how should I fix it? submitted by...
  8. The pc is connected to the hotspot from my iphone but no internet access.

The pc is connected to the hotspot from my iphone but no internet access.: waiting for respond.thanks : ) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-pc-is-connected-to-the-hotspot-from-my-iphone/78d58959-5960-4d6c-80a4-af7fe4111b71
  9. Access denied to my internet provider

Access denied to my internet provider: When windows 10 updated, it blocked my access,to my IP keeps saying authencation failed ?? Ive tried system restore,no luck there, PS I did check network connections For the details thats were I found that Win is blocking me. How will windows 10 correct this.?...
  10. Android hotspot provides "connected, no internet" to my laptop

Android hotspot provides "connected, no internet" to my laptop: Hello, When I use my android phone's (OnePlus 5T) mobile hotspot to connect to an other smartphone, it works fine, but when I connect the hotspot to my laptop, it says "connected, no internet". When I go to a website, Chrome says "There is no internet connection". I've...