Windows 10: My Windows 10 loses connection to network

Discus and support My Windows 10 loses connection to network in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I take my Windows 10 laptop off of my home network and then reconnect it later, it loses connection to my network. If I attempt to connect to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JoeIrwin, Jan 3, 2019.

1. JoeIrwin Win User

My Windows 10 loses connection to network

When I take my Windows 10 laptop off of my home network and then reconnect it later, it loses connection to my network. If I attempt to connect to the other computer on my network, I get: "Windows cannot access \\JOE-LAPTOP". Please advise. Thank you, Joe

:)

JoeIrwin, Jan 3, 2019

2. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Mel Tar Win User
    No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Jan 3, 2019
  4. IggSter Win User

Losing network connection

As has been suggested..make sure your chipset/NIC drivers are up-to-date.

In addition, make sure any and all power saving features are disabled for the NIC - I've seen very similar problems caused by Windows suspending the NIC when idle and when it resumes - no connectivity.

IggSter, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

1. My Windows 10 loses connection to network - Similar Threads - loses connection network

2. Repeatedly losing network connection to other computers on local network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repeatedly losing network connection to other computers on local network: I have a local network and I find that the connection to other Windows 10 computers on the network is failing to show. I go through all the usual recommended steps but why should this be necessary. If I have configured all the bits and pieces to work why is the connectivity...
  3. Repeatedly losing network connection to other computers on local network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Repeatedly losing network connection to other computers on local network: I have a local network and I find that the connection to other Windows 10 computers on the network is failing to show. I go through all the usual recommended steps but why should this be necessary. If I have configured all the bits and pieces to work why is the connectivity...
  4. losing network connection while copying

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    losing network connection while copying: I use robocopy to back up files to a networked PC.Often times, before copying is finished, I'd lose the network connection. The log file from robocopy says can't find network path. When I go to the other PC, I find that it has gone into sleep. I touch a key, any key, to...
  5. Losing network connectivity in standby even with it enabled

Losing network connectivity in standby even with it enabled: Hi folks im on win version 20h2 mobo gigabyte B450 AORUS PRO (rev. 1.0) with latest bios Ryzen 5 3600 cpu im having some weird issue i cant figure out, with my network disconnecting when computer goes to sleep. I have tried a lot of settings without any sucess, including...
  6. Lose Network Connection When Surface / Windows 10 Sleeps

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lose Network Connection When Surface / Windows 10 Sleeps: Hi. When my Surface / Windows 10 sleeps it loses network connection. I've looked in the power settings but I don't have the "Networking connectivity in standby" option in my advanced power settings. I've tried running the cmd "powercfg -attributes...
  7. Losing Network Connectivity

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Losing Network Connectivity: Hello everyone, I started having issues with my network connection last week. My PC is currently fully updated as well. After a certain time of being logged into my PC, I lose internet connectivity, everything that is currently working whether in a program or a browser still...
  8. Randomly losing internet connection on a wifi network

Randomly losing internet connection on a wifi network: Hello forum, Here's a strange wifi problem that I have with my computer: about every 5-20 minutes it loses access to the internet. I can still reach the local network. After disconnecting from the wifi network and reconnecting, I can reach the internet again for a couple of...
  9. My Windows 10 loses connection to network

My Windows 10 loses connection to network: When I take my Windows 10 laptop off of my home network and then reconnect it later, it loses connection to my network. If I attempt to connect to the other computer on my network, I get: "Windows cannot access \\JOE-LAPTOP". Please advise. Thank you, Joe 124630
  10. Windows 10 partially losing network connection; Event Viewer entries

Windows 10 partially losing network connection; Event Viewer entries: Sorry, I have searched before posting, and seen other threads about similar problems, both here and elsewhere, but they either described very specific and different situations or proposed solutions that I have already tried. In fact, I have tried everything I could think of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 loses network connection

2. windows 10 loses connection

3. windows phone loses connections

4. single user in network loses connection,
  5. laptop when plugged in internet loses connection then reconnect then lose