Windows 10: My Windows 10 loses connection to network

Discus and support My Windows 10 loses connection to network in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I take my Windows 10 laptop off of my home network and then reconnect it later, it loses connection to my network. If I attempt to connect to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JoeIrwin, Jan 3, 2019.

1. JoeIrwin Win User

My Windows 10 loses connection to network

When I take my Windows 10 laptop off of my home network and then reconnect it later, it loses connection to my network. If I attempt to connect to the other computer on my network, I get: "Windows cannot access \\JOE-LAPTOP". Please advise. Thank you, Joe

:)

JoeIrwin, Jan 3, 2019

2. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Mel Tar Win User
    No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Jan 3, 2019
  4. IggSter Win User

Losing network connection

As has been suggested..make sure your chipset/NIC drivers are up-to-date.

In addition, make sure any and all power saving features are disabled for the NIC - I've seen very similar problems caused by Windows suspending the NIC when idle and when it resumes - no connectivity.

IggSter, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

1. My Windows 10 loses connection to network - Similar Threads - loses connection network

2. Mouse and Keyboard lose their connection to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and Keyboard lose their connection to Windows 10: For some time now, the mouse and the keyboard have been losing their connection, and being unresponsive after some time using them. The only way to make them work is unplug the USB and plug it back on a different port. Plugging it in the same port does nothing. Then after...
  3. My Windows 10 loses connection to network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Windows 10 loses connection to network: When I take my Windows 10 laptop off of my home network and then reconnect it later, it loses connection to my network. If I attempt to connect to the other computer on my network, I get: "Windows cannot access \\JOE-LAPTOP". Please advise. Thank you, Joe 124630
  4. Losing Connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Losing Connection: Hi, I'm having problem with the internet connection. Everytime I play an online game, I will lost internet connection after about 5 - 10 minutes into the game and it happens ever single time. The wifi suddenly switch off, and after 15 - 20 seconds it turns back on itself but...
  5. Internet connection lose

Internet connection lose: My PC won't stay connected to the internet? I checked all connections and everything is connected properly and my TV isn't having any problems with internet connection. Please advise because I'm not computer smart....
  6. Network Bridge host periodically loses internet connection

Network Bridge host periodically loses internet connection: Hello all, I recently moved in to my university's apartment complex and I'm having issues with network-bridging. My desktop is connected to the apartment's WAP with an ethernet cable. I use a usb-ethernet adapter and crossover cable to connect my desktop to my laptop....
  7. Losing connection

Losing connection: Hi, Hopefully some kind sole will be able to help me. I had a problem with windows 10 pro in that it wouldn't let you view any you tube video plus a few other issues. So I decided to do a clean install which was successful apart from when I use windows explorer which after...
  8. Losing wired connection

Losing wired connection: This has happened multiple times on my desktop which was upgraded to Win 10 so it is a real problem. The desktop is on a wired connection. At some point I will see that I have lost the internet connection. When this happens it doesn't automatically connect to wireless, it...
  9. Windows 10 partially losing network connection; Event Viewer entries

Windows 10 partially losing network connection; Event Viewer entries: Sorry, I have searched before posting, and seen other threads about similar problems, both here and elsewhere, but they either described very specific and different situations or proposed solutions that I have already tried. In fact, I have tried everything I could think of...
  10. Windows 10 Killed my Network Connections

Windows 10 Killed my Network Connections: Hello, I "upgraded" to Win10 using the Free Upgrade option on 8/8/15. Immediately after starting Win10 I lost my connection to my LAN (TP-Link router) and my Bluetooth USB stick stopped working. I get a unidentified network message that says I have a bad IP address...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone loses connections

2. single user in network loses connection

3. laptop when plugged in internet loses connection then reconnect then lose