Windows 10: My windows 10 os is completely broken and I can't fix it

Discus and support My windows 10 os is completely broken and I can't fix it in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, The windows functionality of my pc has not worked in 4 months; and to state something in advance, my computer is completely unable to do any in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Oso17, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Oso17 Win User

My windows 10 os is completely broken and I can't fix it

Hi,

The windows functionality of my pc has not worked in 4 months; and to state something in advance, my computer is completely unable to do any in place upgrades, after I've been with multiple microsoft technicians back in december. As of right now, my list of issues with my computer is this:

-Start button and taskbar do nothing when I click on them

-Windows program icons give me a "class not registered" window when I click on them

-I cannot resize and minimize any open windows that are a windows program

-I cannot update my computer or download any software that requires an "ok" to do changes to my pc

-The screen where I put in my password to log in is gone; the entire screen is entirely black with only a small window in the top left stating to "press ctrl+alt+del to log in"

-I have attempted to do a reset on my computer with keeping files, but it has an error halfway through and doesn't complete every time

The Windows 10 OS is completely broken on my pc, and I'm extremely frustrated; this all happened after some update back in early december last year and nothing I've done has fixed it. The times I've contacted microsoft tech support, they give me the typical runaround with attempting an in place upgrade which I tell them won't work.

I don't want to have to do a complete hard reset of my pc, especially since I'm worrying I can't even do that and it will stop halfway through the process and screw things up even more. My case has only been brought to level 2 technicians a couple times and they haven't been of much help and I'm running out of options here.

:)

Oso17, Mar 3, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond My windows 10 os is completely broken and I can't fix it :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 3, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Attains RTM Status

Already fixing broken stuff from the update... as usually creative stuff broke, and now razer stuff too *Big Grin My windows 10 os is completely broken and I can't fix it :D

The funny thing... there are many new drivers... intel RSTe, ASMEDIA USB3, and... intel LAN 20.2.40 claiming to fix my exact latency issue... 82579V.... and it still doesn't work... the stock windows drivers perform normally... I just chuckle at this desperation *Big Grin My windows 10 os is completely broken and I can't fix it :D

Look, ASUS put up windows 10 too in OS drop down list.

Ferrum Master, Mar 3, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

1. My windows 10 os is completely broken and I can't fix it - Similar Threads - completely broken can't

2. My Windows Is Completely Broken

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Windows Is Completely Broken: Problems:- i cant reset yes i tried everything i could find on youtube and everytime it says "there was a problem resetting"- i cant download games because my app installer wont download yes i reset it and also went into powershell for it- cant download media tool as soon as...
  3. Windows is completely broken.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows is completely broken.: Last week my pc crashed and kept crashing with 5 different codes each time. IO1 error, stop_watch error or something like that, system32 errors. And it’s funny cause I’ve reinstalled windows 2 damn times, one of them wiping my m.2 and hard drive. After updating it a second...
  4. Broken Link in Windows 10 OS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Broken Link in Windows 10 OS: If you go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Security and Maintenance\Problem Details and then click "Learn how to report problems and check for solutions automatically." it will go to [ATTACH] the URL https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=517009 which is broken...
  5. My GameBar is completely broken & I need help fixing it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My GameBar is completely broken & I need help fixing it: My problems started when I followed Windows official guide on how to change the location of my captures folder, (from C: to D:) Basically this ended up not working at all, and instead caused a few major issues surrounding GameBar. One of my problems is that when I moved the...
  6. My Minecraft Windows 10 Edition is completely broken.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Minecraft Windows 10 Edition is completely broken.: [IMG] Whenever I try to run Minecraft, only this screen comes up. The main menu buttons are still there but they don't appear and no HUD appears. At one point, I just clicked randomly and managed to get into the server menu. Then I clicked on cubecraft and entered, then all...
  7. Windows 10 completely broken

Windows 10 completely broken: Howdy, today i ran into an issue that has completely thrown my plans of completijg an online course soon of the rails, burst into flames and into murky waters. After updating the game Anthem and movijg its fioes from my old hard drive to a mew one, origin began to freeze,...
  8. My windows is completely broken

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My windows is completely broken: OK, so I've been using windows since around the 95 days, same windows updated version by version since then until 1909 now. NEVER have I seen the system go this bad. Activation: Failed Update: Failed Reset: Failed I have tried EVERYTHING to get the activation working on my...
  9. My windows is completely broken

My windows is completely broken: I have no strength left. Windows does not work at all. It is broken and unusable. Clean installs does not help because it is windows, not me I have 7 different PC's all with different versions and builds, same issues all across. Biggest issues is networking does not...
  10. Microsoft Store is broken in Windows 10 and I can't fix it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store is broken in Windows 10 and I can't fix it: Hello, I was receiving an error whenever I attempted to install an application via the Microsoft Store after receiving my brand new Surface Book. I found a fix to my specific issue here. The relevant bits are: Code: As you are unable to install an app from the Windows...