Windows 10: My Windows 10 OS isn't doing what it is supposed to

Discus and support My Windows 10 OS isn't doing what it is supposed to in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; About a day and a half, my PC couldn't open File Explorer, and It would only open by opening q folder and even then I couldn't right click things or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jessica Brandão, Sep 15, 2020.

1. My Windows 10 OS isn't doing what it is supposed to

About a day and a half, my PC couldn't open File Explorer, and It would only open by opening q folder and even then I couldn't right click things or the Windows Folder would crash, so I looked what I could do. I restarted Windows Explorer through Task Manager and all the things, except for one solution that I couldn't do. I was going to try the Scan Now solution on the Command Shell, but then it said that I needed to be in administrator mode.

Ok.

Then I tried to open it in administrator mode, and it didn't. And that's when I realised not only file explorer isn't working properly, but also can't open any program that requires Administrator mode. What should I do?

My Windows version is version 2004.

:)

Jessica Brandão, Sep 15, 2020

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Sep 15, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

My Windows 10 OS isn't doing what it is supposed to

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

My Windows 10 OS isn't doing what it is supposed to

1. My Windows 10 OS isn't doing what it is supposed to - Similar Threads - isn't doing supposed

2. Computer sleeps when it isn't supposed to

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer sleeps when it isn't supposed to: I have an Asus Vivo Book with windows 11 Home and Radeon Graphics. Recently, the screen has started turning black and then returns to the lock screen. I have the sleep set to never and the screen off set to never. I haven't found a fix that works....
  3. Computer sleeps when it isn't supposed to

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer sleeps when it isn't supposed to: I have an Asus Vivo Book with windows 11 Home and Radeon Graphics. Recently, the screen has started turning black and then returns to the lock screen. I have the sleep set to never and the screen off set to never. I haven't found a fix that works....
  4. Isn't It supposed to be 5 GBs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Isn't It supposed to be 5 GBs?: Isn't It supposed to be 5 GBs? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/isnt-it-supposed-to-be-5-gbs/6c8e3305-bde1-40ce-8333-fcf1e5aa75cf
  5. Isn't It supposed to be 5 GBs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Isn't It supposed to be 5 GBs?: Isn't It supposed to be 5 GBs? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/isnt-it-supposed-to-be-5-gbs/6c8e3305-bde1-40ce-8333-fcf1e5aa75cf
  6. Why does the Enter key not do what it is supposed to do in Windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why does the Enter key not do what it is supposed to do in Windows 10?: When I write in a forum and press the enter key nothing happens. What I write remains in the writing bar. Why is that? Got Win10, before with Win7 everything went normal. Warum tut die Enter-Taste nicht was sie soll in Windows 10?
  7. What is Wispersoft supposed to do?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is Wispersoft supposed to do?: For the past 3 weeks I keep getting Trojans blocked by my security. I've run security many times. Went into safe mode with security person Friday and we cleaned off computer. Saturday night Trojans were back again. I don't know a much about fixing a computer. When...
  8. Windows 10 registry key and GPO don't do what its supposed to.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 registry key and GPO don't do what its supposed to.: In windows 10 enterprise the below key doesn't perm turn off quiet hours at all. I've tried changing the setting via local GPO and just changing the setting neither helped. Quiet hours can be turned off and on at will. and if it is turned off it does suppress all...
  9. What is 'Search' in settings supposed to do ?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is 'Search' in settings supposed to do ?: 'cos it sure don't search ... [img] 117143
  10. What is the "Focused" email supposed to do?

in Browsers and Email
    What is the "Focused" email supposed to do?: I was always puzzled by what exactly is this feature supposed to accomplished. I find it doesn't do anything for me and is seems kind of "bizarre" tbh. Some colored circles with initials in them? How is this supposed to help? What's so "focused" about this mode anyway? Are...