Windows 10: My windows 10 OS literally disappeared from my laptop

Discus and support My windows 10 OS literally disappeared from my laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, yesterday I was playing on my computer and got a phone call from my friends, they asked me to go hang out with them and I said sure, why not?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sicron, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Sicron Win User

My windows 10 OS literally disappeared from my laptop

So, yesterday I was playing on my computer and got a phone call from my friends, they asked me to go hang out with them and I said sure, why not?

Well, 2 hours later I came home, and my computer was booted into bios with no signs of windows 10 or any bootable device.

I have a asus rog GL551JW-CN085H and for some reason when i press f9 trying to go to recovery it doesnt work, I've tried every single button from f1 to f12 but nothing works.. what can I do?

:)

Sicron, Sep 23, 2018
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Sep 23, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 23, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 23, 2018
Thema:

1. My windows 10 OS literally disappeared from my laptop - Similar Threads - literally disappeared laptop

2. My bluetooth icon disappeared from my laptop Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My bluetooth icon disappeared from my laptop Windows 10: I am not being able to use bluetooth as the icon disappeared and it is also not showing in the Device Manager not showing even in hidden Please help me....
  3. Windows and Chromium OS installed on my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows and Chromium OS installed on my laptop: Hi. I'm a Windows 10 user and a student. So I have an old Lenovo Thinkpad Y450 laptop which was installed Windows 10 on it. After using it around 1 week, I thought it got some problem so I tried reinstalling Windows 10 by USB boot form Media Creation Tool on Microsoft website...
  4. My oneDrive folder has disappeared from my desktop computer, but not my laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My oneDrive folder has disappeared from my desktop computer, but not my laptop: I have been using OneDrive to access files from my laptop to my desktop and back, and as of yesterday, the One Drive folder no longer appears in my files when I open File Explorer on my Desktop - though it is still visible on my Laptop. They are both Dell computers. How do I...
  5. Photos App for Windows 10 has disappeared from my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos App for Windows 10 has disappeared from my laptop: I don't know when this happened, probably months ago. I've dried to re-download the app from the online store, but am unable to. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-for-windows-10-has-disappeared-from-my/982f4a97-5a18-4386-8fac-2160e7233325
  6. Bluetooth has disappeared from my laptop

Bluetooth has disappeared from my laptop: Hello all, My bluetooth wasn't connecting properly to my headphones earlier, so I tried to turn it off and on. Unfortunately, I couldn't turn it back on, and when I restarted settings the option to had disappeared: [ATTACH] The icon has also disappeared from the...
  7. Windows 10 disappeared from my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 disappeared from my computer: I have dual boot with Ubuntu as well. It was working for almost 2 years with no problem, until today. I just restarted my computer using windows 10 and then the GRUB didn't show for the first time ever. I thought that it was a problem with GRUB, but lately I made it show and...
  8. my folders disappeared from my desktop

my folders disappeared from my desktop: How do I get my folders to show when I first turn on my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-folders-disappeared-from-my-desktop/244aef35-f993-47c3-aca4-fa34065e6ecb"
  9. Touchpad disappeared from my Samsung laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad disappeared from my Samsung laptop: Hello, I have a Samsung laptop model np900x5n with Windows 10. It was working fine. Suddenly, it has just stopped working following a windows update probably (but I am not sure that it is the cause but it seems likely). The touchpad does not appear in the settings anymore....
  10. photos completely disappeared from my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photos completely disappeared from my laptop: Hi my photo gallery and photos completely disappeared . is there a way i can find them to get them all back? thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-completely-disappeared-from-my-laptop/455999c7-349e-4e2e-97a2-772d448ff375