Windows 10: my windows 10 pc cant sleep somthing is waking it up please help

Discus and support my windows 10 pc cant sleep somthing is waking it up please help in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my pc can tsleep and i think its because of my USB handbrake but when i try to change the power managment i cant check or uncheck the box to let it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Default_459, Dec 1, 2021.

1. my windows 10 pc cant sleep somthing is waking it up please help

my pc can tsleep and i think its because of my USB handbrake but when i try to change the power managment i cant check or uncheck the box to let it wake my pc and i think thats the problem. this is my lastwake from cmdmy windows 10 pc cant sleep somthing is waking it up please help :powercfg -lastwake Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Device Instance Path: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A2AF&SUBSYS_86941043&REV_00\3&11583659&0&A0 Friendly Name: IntelR USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 Microsoft Description: USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller Manufacturer: Generic

:)

Default_459, Dec 1, 2021

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 1, 2021
  3. Troubleshooting PCs spontaneously waking from sleep

I've also battled with sleep/wake issues over the years, and from experience have learned that trying to find, or rationalise, the root cause is a waste of time. All you need is `powercfg`.

`powercfg -devicequery wake_armed` from an Administrator PowerShell window/Command Prompt will give you a list of all devices that can possibly wake the PC. This command is interesting because very often, it will show devices that you'd never expect being able to wake your computer. I think in one instance I had the chipset device listed!

`powercfg -devicedisablewake "device_name_from_device_query"`will prevent said device from ever waking the computer. This command is 100% the only thing I have found that will resolve sleep/wake problems. Updating drivers, unplugging peripherals, switching to a cleaner power supply (UPS), changing ethernet cables... none of those have helped, yet`powercfg -devicedisablewake` has done the trick.

Note that occasionally, devices you have disabled wake for may start waking up the PC again - this happens if you plug a USB device into a different port, or occasionally when drivers are updated, because Windows sees it as a new device. In that case rerun `powercfg` to find and disable that device again.

If this does not resolve your wake issues, I would start looking at power fluctuations.

Assimilator, Dec 1, 2021
  4. Valantar Win User

my windows 10 pc cant sleep somthing is waking it up please help

Troubleshooting PCs spontaneously waking from sleep

First off: I tried disabling wake-up by the mouse on both PCs and disabling USB Selective Suspend too, to no avail.
    Thanks, I'll definitely look into that. Good to know that powercfg can list all wake-enabled devices, 'cause when I went through all ... eight-ish PCI-to-PCI bridge devices in Device Manager, none of them had wake events listed (in the "events" tab under Properties), which doesn't quite add up with one/more of them waking the PC a dozen or so times over the last few days. Of course, they don't even have the option to enable/disable waking the PC in the properties menu. I'll take a look at disabling a bunch of stuff through powercfg once I get home from work.

Sorry if I came across as rude, but honestly, your reply did not at all indicate that you'd read my post in the first place. I said I'd been looking at wake-up history in the Windows event log, and I listed several of the devices cited there as having woken up the PC. If you came away with the impression that I hadn't investigated this thoroughly, I suppose I might not have been clear enough, but it's all there in the post. While powercfg does give out some more detail (device IDs and such) than Event Viewer, it only lists the last wake-up, and as such doesn't really help in this instance, as it's clearly not a single device at fault, and tracking wake-ups over time seems more useful. Also, figuring out how to view wake-up events in the Event Log is what you do after you've concluded that powercfg isn't giving you enough information *Wink my windows 10 pc cant sleep somthing is waking it up please help ;)

Valantar, Dec 1, 2021
Thema:

my windows 10 pc cant sleep somthing is waking it up please help

1. my windows 10 pc cant sleep somthing is waking it up please help - Similar Threads - cant sleep somthing

2. PC not waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not waking up from sleep: I have an HP Pavilion All in One running Windows 11. It is set to go to sleep after 20 minutes of non use - setting as delivered. It has suddenly started to not wake up when pressing a keyboard key and I have to resort to forced power off and power up again. I have checked in...
  3. PC not waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC not waking up from sleep: I have an HP Pavilion All in One running Windows 11. It is set to go to sleep after 20 minutes of non use - setting as delivered. It has suddenly started to not wake up when pressing a keyboard key and I have to resort to forced power off and power up again. I have checked in...
  4. How to wake up my pc from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to wake up my pc from sleep: Problem is that every time I put my computer to sleep or it goes to sleep on its own, after the blue light indicating the power is on goes out, after i try to wake it up, the light turns back on but the screen stays black. I always end up having to force shut down then turn...
  5. How to wake up my pc from sleep

How to wake up my pc from sleep: Problem is that every time I put my computer to sleep or it goes to sleep on its own, after the blue light indicating the power is on goes out, after i try to wake it up, the light turns back on but the screen stays black. I always end up having to force shut down then turn...
  6. my windows 10 pc cant sleep somthing is waking it up please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my windows 10 pc cant sleep somthing is waking it up please help: my pc can tsleep and i think its because of my USB handbrake but when i try to change the power managment i cant check or uncheck the box to let it wake my pc and i think thats the problem. this is my lastwake from cmd:powercfg -lastwake Wake History Count - 1 Wake History...
  7. my windows 10 pc cant sleep somthing is waking it up please help

my windows 10 pc cant sleep somthing is waking it up please help: my pc can tsleep and i think its because of my USB handbrake but when i try to change the power managment i cant check or uncheck the box to let it wake my pc and i think thats the problem. this is my lastwake from cmd:powercfg -lastwake Wake History Count - 1 Wake History...
  8. My pc is now wake up from sleep!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My pc is now wake up from sleep!: Hello, I'm facing a weird problem, My pc is now wake up from sleep! I need to unplug the power and turn pc by pressing power button again. Same things happens if I restart my pc. Thanks in advance. Pc Specs: CPU AMD Ryzen 5 1600 RAM 12.0 Gig 8+4 GPU: 1050ti HDD: 3 Tb...
  9. Cant wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant wake up from sleep: I have a Dell Inspirion laptop 7373. Most of the time when it goes to sleep I can not wake it. The keyboard is lit, so I think its just the display that is not waking. I press the power key all the function buttons etc. Any help would be appreciated I tried a lot of...
  10. My system cant wake up from sleep.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My system cant wake up from sleep.: My system can be kept in sleep but the problem starts when we wake it up, instead of waking up from sleep it starts restarting. device specifications: model - Lenovo B40-80 windows version - 1809(17763.348)...