Windows 10: My windows 10 PC doesn't shut down properly

Discus and support My windows 10 PC doesn't shut down properly in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; 1)PC goes through shutdown process but computer remains running (fans spinning, Power switch LED on) 2)Computer can be restarted normally Keyboard and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hr_idw_in, Feb 28, 2021.

1. My windows 10 PC doesn't shut down properly

1)PC goes through shutdown process but computer remains running (fans spinning, Power switch LED on) 2)Computer can be restarted normally Keyboard and mouse can't wake up PC once shutdown is started, both lose power (LEDs off) 3)Only way to turn PC off is by holding power button or cutting power 4)Started after installing solidworks crack. So I uninstalled it but still the problem persists.

I've tried all the solutions I could find online but still have no luck in switching it off by normal means. Any help is greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/hr_idw_in
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hr_idw_in, Feb 28, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

My windows 10 PC doesn't shut down properly [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Feb 28, 2021
  3. win 10 will not shut down properly

Hi Richard,

Usually, this issue occur due to outdated or corrupted device drivers, services or processes which are not shutting down properly, or third-party programs that prevents your computer to shut down properly. For better assistance, we'll be needing additional
    information:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this an error message Explorer\windows\settingsync\BackgroundUploadTask? If yes, where are you getting this message?
    • If possible, can you send us a screenshot?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the Power troubleshooter as an initial troubleshooting step. To run the Power troubleshooter, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Settings.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Power
      and click Run the troubleshooter.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Feb 28, 2021
  4. MalRL Win User

My windows 10 PC doesn't shut down properly

Windows 10 doesn't shut down properly

I have a laptop ASUS Zenbook UX303LN. I made a clean install to Windows 10 and now it doesn't shut down properly.

When I shut it down, the screen goes black, but the power light remains on and I have to shut it down manually. Also, I sometimes cannot restart it when it goes to sleep and I also have to shut it down manually. This doesn't happen everytime, but most of the time. I previously had Windows 8.1 and did not have this problem. Actually, I'm considering changing back.

The OS and drivers are all up to date.

I have research this issue and the most common fixes are:
    • Uncheck the "Turn on fast startup (recommended)"
    • Use a shortcut for "shutdown /s /t 5"

I've tried both and the problem remains.

These are the videos / articles I've found on the subject:
    (Youtube video)
    (Youtube video)
    (Youtube video)
    Fix: Laptop Won’t Shutdown in Windows 10
    Windows 10 doesn't shut down properly

Some help would be much appreciated.

MalRL, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

My windows 10 PC doesn't shut down properly

1. My windows 10 PC doesn't shut down properly - Similar Threads - doesn't shut down

2. Windows 10 doesn't shut down properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 doesn't shut down properly: Hi,I wonder if someone can help.Windows 10 doesn't shut down properly. I go thru the normal procedure of clicking 'shut down', blue screen, whirling time icon etc. Screen goes dark but power light and internet light stay on and the machine stays warm until I press power...
  3. Windows 10 doesn't shut down properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 doesn't shut down properly: Hi,I wonder if someone can help.Windows 10 doesn't shut down properly. I go thru the normal procedure of clicking 'shut down', blue screen, whirling time icon etc. Screen goes dark but power light and internet light stay on and the machine stays warm until I press power...
  4. Windows 10 doesn't shut down properly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. Windows 10 doesn't shut down properly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  6. Windows 10 doesn't shut down properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows 10 doesn't shut down properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. My laptop doesn't shut down properly

in Windows 10 Support
    My laptop doesn't shut down properly: Hello, so i have a Dell Inspiron 13 7000 (P57g001), i bought it back in April and in the last few weeks it started to freeze whenever i try to shut it down or put it to sleep or hibernate. It is clear that the OS (win 10) is closing all the programs but when it turns the...
  9. Laptop doesn't shut down properly

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop doesn't shut down properly: Over the past week, I realized whenever I would turn my laptop on, it would state that it was charging, which was weird since it stayed plugged in to an outlet all of the time. I tried to find what was causing this and it turns out, my laptop does not shut down properly....
  10. Windows 10 doesn't shut down properly

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 doesn't shut down properly: I have a laptop ASUS Zenbook UX303LN. I made a clean install to Windows 10 and now it doesn't shut down properly. When I shut it down, the screen goes black, but the power light remains on and I have to shut it down manually. Also, I sometimes cannot restart it when it...