Windows 10: My windows 10 PC has been hacked and all the permisiions have been changed

Discus and support My windows 10 PC has been hacked and all the permisiions have been changed in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My pc has been hacked, I believe this was done remotely several months ago. The hacker/hackers telephoned my house and said they were with talk talk... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GerardJosephs, Aug 9, 2019.

1. My windows 10 PC has been hacked and all the permisiions have been changed

My pc has been hacked, I believe this was done remotely several months ago. The hacker/hackers telephoned my house and said they were with talk talk and needed to install security software, I followed their instructions and downloaded a programme which game them control over my computer ( yes I know this was a stupid thing to do). I got suspicious when they kept on repeatedly asking me to logon to internet banking. Luckily I didnt do this so my bank account is secure. The situation I am now in, is that all my files and documents have been stored on the D:\ drive, these are important documents and photographs of my family and work related stuff form over a 10 year period. I can not get access to these documents as all the permissions have been changed and I am denied access. I have recently updated windows 10 which didn't help me. I do not want to lose any of the documents or family photographs that are stored on the D:\ drive. and would greatly appreciate any help the community can give me. Note: I am a basic user so would appreciate simple to understand instructions. (Imagine you are talking to child lol)

:)

GerardJosephs, Aug 9, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 9, 2019
  3. OS X Leopard Hacked for Intel PCs

Just one day after its release, Apple’s new OS X Leopard has already been hacked to work on standard Intel-based computers. Admittedly it isn’t guaranteed to work 100% yet, and is more than likely illegal in some way, but all you need to give it a try is a patched DVD image, a zip file with a patch and a USB flash drive. After that you’re just three easy steps away from running the new operating system on your Intel PC (SSE3 and later) but unfortunately there’s no AMD support available yet. As many PC owners have a slight dislike for Macs this may not be too appealing to everyone, but you can take a look at the procedure here.

Source: dailyApps

Jimmy 2004, Aug 9, 2019
  4. CK011885 Win User

My windows 10 PC has been hacked and all the permisiions have been changed

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

My windows 10 PC has been hacked and all the permisiions have been changed

1. My windows 10 PC has been hacked and all the permisiions have been changed - Similar Threads - has been hacked

2. Has my account been hacked?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Has my account been hacked?: Hello, I deleted all my emails via "delete all" in the junk mail and these all reappeared in my in folder. I then deleted them again and they again reappeared in the In Folder. I think my FB account had been recently hacked and my email address was available there. Is this...
  3. MY account has been hacked and i cannot change my password

MY account has been hacked and i cannot change my password: i have been getting call to contact a microsoft agent,,,,,so i tried to change my password and i am not able to. i also cannot receive verification codes when i put in my number,,it does nothing....HELP PLEASE...
  4. My wife's Microsoft Account has been hacked

in Windows 10 Customization
    My wife's Microsoft Account has been hacked: Hello, I'm new to the forum and I'm hoping someone may be able to offer some advice/guidance. It's not actually a Windows 10 settings issue but it's the closest match I could see....... My wife's Microsoft Account was hacked last weekend and with it we've lost (and someone...
  5. Windows 10 been hacked

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 been hacked: my computer has been totally overtaken, my system and network are empty, everything is been directed not to my hard disc but somewhere else everything is disabled and I cannot even download, administrators right taken can I save this laptop in any way....please help...
  6. My PC has been a victim of phishing

My PC has been a victim of phishing: My PC has been a victim of elaborate phishing since October last year. Now it is preventing the download of Windows update for the last four days. It states: Error occurred (without any error identity). This now appears to be not a genuine Windows statement. It is always...
  7. Have I been hacked?

Have I been hacked?: I restarted my PC and then my lockscreen changed. My windows button no longer works and now there is a new user on my PC. It is defaultuser1 (22). They are using 101.3MB of memory. I can't delete them, either. I can delete myself, but not them. They are a local admin. What...
  8. My PC has been having random startups.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC has been having random startups.: It started a couple weeks ago after an update. I will be playing card games or working and it just stops and reboots. The error message I get on the blue screen of death says: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED;;;FAILED; NDIS.SYS and then the computer restarts. I've had...
  9. Has Microsoft/Edge been hacked?

Has Microsoft/Edge been hacked?: While using Microsoft Edge the MSN home page refreshes and a new page automatically opens up. This has happened a number of times and I'm not sure if all of the links are the same but I have copied and pasted the latest one here:...
  10. In Progress I think my laptop has been hacked

In Progress I think my laptop has been hacked: I was checking emails, and I didnt clicked any link,neither I installed any add-on, I suddenly got alert to restart the pc to disable user accounts and it get restart automatically. When it starts,after login screen its displaying this. [img] I have re-installed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. has windows 10 been compromised