Windows 10: My windows 10 PC has the enter key constantly pressed

Discus and support My windows 10 PC has the enter key constantly pressed in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My pc's enter key has been constantly pressed. I have restarted, over and over, and it persists after i unplug my keyboard. I cannot log in as the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Ryan_HY, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Ryan_HY Win User

My windows 10 PC has the enter key constantly pressed

My pc's enter key has been constantly pressed. I have restarted, over and over, and it persists after i unplug my keyboard. I cannot log in as the enter key just enters my password as soon as i start to type. I cant check the on screen keyboard as i do not know how to access it from the "please re enter your sign in information and try again" screen.

:)

Ryan_HY, Jan 6, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 6, 2019
  3. jmcslob Win User
    windows 10 key

Google and download the "Windows 10 media creation tool"

Create a USB flash drive ISO and that's all you need...it will work without needing a key..
    Just skip past entering a key during full install and delete all partitions, format, create new drive and install...

As long as you have upgraded from Windows 8 first...you need to do that prior to using your Windows 8 key for 10.

jmcslob, Jan 6, 2019
  4. My windows 10 PC has the enter key constantly pressed

windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

My windows 10 PC has the enter key constantly pressed

1. My windows 10 PC has the enter key constantly pressed - Similar Threads - has enter key

2. My keyboard keeps pressing enter key continuously

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard keeps pressing enter key continuously: My keyboard keeps pressing enter key continuously. but if I just enter a backspace it stops. and I don't know when it will spam itself again. at first I thought it was sticky keys but when I went to settings it was off . Please help me...
  3. My keyboard keeps pressing enter key continuously

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard keeps pressing enter key continuously: My keyboard keeps pressing enter key continuously. but if I just enter a backspace it stops. and I don't know when it will spam itself again. at first I thought it was sticky keys but when I went to settings it was off . Please help me...
  4. My alt key decides to be constantly pressed sometimes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My alt key decides to be constantly pressed sometimes: So I bought a brand new keyboard, like a week old, but there is a problem. When I am typing or playing games, it decides to just have alt pressed in, and until I press it again, it will still be pressed. It's most often to accour when i pressed alt for mistake with one of the...
  5. My alt key decides to be constantly pressed sometimes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My alt key decides to be constantly pressed sometimes: So I bought a brand new keyboard, like a week old, but there is a problem. When I am typing or playing games, it decides to just have alt pressed in, and until I press it again, it will still be pressed. It's most often to accour when i pressed alt for mistake with one of the...
  6. My alt key decides to be constantly pressed sometimes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. PC waits for me to press a Key to enter BIOS or continue booting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC waits for me to press a Key to enter BIOS or continue booting: I recently bought a smart plug to turn my PC on remotely. For that to work, i had to change the "AC Power Recovery" Setting to turn the PC on as soon as it gets power. But when i do this, the PC waits in the loading screen where it says "Press DEL or F2 to enter BIOS" and...
  8. Windows 10 , acting like down key is constantly pressed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 , acting like down key is constantly pressed: I have a windows 10 laptop with no external keyboard, however recently, its acting as if down key is constantly pressed , especially in start menu , settings menu etc, however it dosent happen in files manger etcI've tried restarting, updating, uninstalling and reinstalling...
  9. WHAT KEYS TO PRESS TO START ENTERING MY PASSWORD

in Windows 10 Customization
    WHAT KEYS TO PRESS TO START ENTERING MY PASSWORD: hOW TO START TYPING ON LENOVO LAPTOPS? wHAT KEY TO PRESS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-keys-to-press-to-start-entering-my-password/d9a1de91-6bab-4757-8aab-5d12ad6c7b17
  10. Press enter key cannot get login screen Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Press enter key cannot get login screen Windows 10: Hi all, when i switch on my own laptop, the welcome screen comes up. For some reason, when i press the enter key or any key on keyboard, it does not take me to the login screen. I have to click the mouse to enter the login screen and password box. However, i can click enter...