Windows 10: My Windows 10 PC keeps saying that a new drive is plugged in

Discus and support My Windows 10 PC keeps saying that a new drive is plugged in in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have had an issue for the past couple of weeks and it gets pretty annoying: When I use my Windows 10 desktop, I got random notification... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Louis 'LYRO' Dupont, Jul 2, 2019.

1. My Windows 10 PC keeps saying that a new drive is plugged in

Hello,

I have had an issue for the past couple of weeks and it gets pretty annoying:

When I use my Windows 10 desktop, I got random notification (at least one each hour, sometimes 10 in a minute), saying that something has been plugged in my G: drive. When I open the file explorer, it says that no drive is connected to G:

My PC is a custom build, and I opened my case and checked the connexions to the motherboard, everything seems to be okay. I can't figure out what is wrong with it.

Does anyone have any tips to help me fix that?

Thanks,

Louis Dupont

:)

Louis 'LYRO' Dupont, Jul 2, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 2, 2019
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jul 2, 2019
  4. r.h.p Win User

My Windows 10 PC keeps saying that a new drive is plugged in

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

My Windows 10 PC keeps saying that a new drive is plugged in

1. My Windows 10 PC keeps saying that a new drive is plugged in - Similar Threads - keeps saying drive

2. New head phones w/mic plugged in and computer says not plugged in win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New head phones w/mic plugged in and computer says not plugged in win 10: I have been at this,attempting to install and use a new set of headphones w/mic and it isn't working. Computer says that this particular plug in isn't plugged in. I have one plug in for my head phones. I have been trying to get this right for a few days now. I went onto you...
  3. New head phones w/mic plugged in and computer says not plugged in win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New head phones w/mic plugged in and computer says not plugged in win 10: I have been at this,attempting to install and use a new set of headphones w/mic and it isn't working. Computer says that this particular plug in isn't plugged in. I have one plug in for my head phones. I have been trying to get this right for a few days now. I went onto you...
  4. New head phones w/mic plugged in and computer says not plugged in win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My PC keeps saying insert disc into DVD drive.

My PC keeps saying insert disc into DVD drive.: I have Windows 10 on my PC. Recently I tried moving files but a pop keeps saying "insert disc into DVD drive". I tried updating the driver, as was suggested in other forums, but it had no effect. Restarted several times. Nothing changed. How can I save or move files? Having...
  6. Says my microphone not plugged in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Says my microphone not plugged in: It worked yesterday and now I can’t talk to my friends only hear them. I looked up steps and didn’t work. So annoyed rn submitted by /u/Tarkatan-Beefcake [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jf0xxe/says_my_microphone_not_plugged_in/
  7. My PC keeps bluescreening if I leave it idle with my new monitor plugged in...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC keeps bluescreening if I leave it idle with my new monitor plugged in...: Recently, I have purchased a brand new ASUS VG279 monitor to use with my laptop. Whenever I leave it idle and come back, the laptop freezes up, then crashes with a blue screen. The error message I get is a DPC_Watchdog violation. I have attached a couple files including the...
  8. Windows 10 PC knows my microphone is plugged in and says it's enabled, but the microphone...

Windows 10 PC knows my microphone is plugged in and says it's enabled, but the microphone...: I have a Blue Snowball microphone. I looked in the input audio settings and all and it says it's enabled and troubleshooting says its fixed without additional problems. I tried plugging the microphone in all USB ports, but the mic still is off a red light would shine if its...
  9. Battery keeps saying "plugged in, not charging".

Battery keeps saying "plugged in, not charging".: So, as the title suggests, I keep getting that infamous error. However, it keeps happening. I have found some methods online of how to fix this as a one-time thing, but it keeps happening and heavily annoying me. The methods I use involve uninstalling the battery drivers...
  10. Windows 10 saying speakers "Not Plugged In"

Windows 10 saying speakers "Not Plugged In": Hello, I upgraded to Windows 10 fairly recently. Shortly after that I bought a GTX 1070 and put it in my machine. I also swapped one of my monitors from DVI to HDMI with the switch. As soon as I turned on my PC I had all sorts of system crashes and my speakers stopped...