Windows 10: My windows 10 pc now won't show the login screen without control + Alt + del

Discus and support My windows 10 pc now won't show the login screen without control + Alt + del in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; To preface this... "require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete" is unchecked. I used to be able to tap space or mouse click to show the login screen.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/djgizmo, Nov 4, 2019.

1. My windows 10 pc now won't show the login screen without control + Alt + del

To preface this...

"require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete" is unchecked.

I used to be able to tap space or mouse click to show the login screen.

This is for a Windows 10 Pro - 1809 at home.

Any suggestions?

submitted by /u/djgizmo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/djgizmo, Nov 4, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

CTRL ALT DEL Black Screen

Hi Dan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Have you installed all pending updates?
    • Are you able to log into Desktop?
    • Is the issue specific to Ctrl + Alt + Del screen?

Black screen error can occur if the computer is not up to date with all Drivers and Windows updates. Install all pending updates and check if that helps.

Refer the link below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if that helps

Troubleshoot black screen problems.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pavan_N, Nov 4, 2019
  3. binderjdm Win User
    Lock screen is black, has to use Ctrl-Alt-Del

Sometimes when I try to wake from sleep, the lock screen does not show up and I have to use Ctrl-Alt-Del to force to the login screen , not the lock screen. The login screen has name, profile picture and password.

binderjdm, Nov 4, 2019
  4. jonmcc33 Win User

My windows 10 pc now won't show the login screen without control + Alt + del

Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

On a domain you won't get Task Manager when you hit Ctrl+Alt+Del. You get a crazy screen with a bunch of options.

Ctrl+Shift+Esc has always brought up just the Task Manager, even back to Windows XP days. You just weren't aware of it. *Wink My windows 10 pc now won't show the login screen without control + Alt + del ;)

Go ahead, try it in Windows XP too.

jonmcc33, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

My windows 10 pc now won't show the login screen without control + Alt + del

1. My windows 10 pc now won't show the login screen without control + Alt + del - Similar Threads - won't show login

2. cant disable "Ctrl + Alt + Del to login"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    cant disable "Ctrl + Alt + Del to login": hello,i was restarting my pc to update windows 10, and when i was logging in i saw Ctrl + Alt + Del to login appeared, so i went to go disable it and... i cant? the option is just greyed out and i cant turn it off. This is my Personal Computer by the way.if anybody knows how...
  3. about ctrl alt del login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    about ctrl alt del login: hi i want to know how to use ctrl alt del to login on my pc and to change it to ctrl alt del to login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-ctrl-alt-del-login/3f403214-0b1b-4d35-ba8d-53bf33a20781
  4. about ctrl alt del login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    about ctrl alt del login: hi i want to know how to use ctrl alt del to login on my pc and to change it to ctrl alt del to login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-ctrl-alt-del-login/3f403214-0b1b-4d35-ba8d-53bf33a20781
  5. about ctrl alt del login

6. Ctrl-Alt-Del not working at login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Ctrl-Alt-Del not working at login screen: I have a Panasonic Toughpad running Windows 10 Pro that has recently stopped accepting Ctrl-Alt-Del at the login screen. I press the key combo and it flickers like it is going to the login prompt but it just goes back to the screen telling me to press ctrl-alt-del to unlock...
  7. Windows 10 wont boot without CTRL-ALT-DEL

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 wont boot without CTRL-ALT-DEL: I am running Windows 10 on a new HP Slim desktop. Every once in a while when I turn it on maybe 20% of the time, my monitor will turn black and stay stuck there. It wont show the "no input" message on my monitor, so the computer is sending some sort of signal, but it just...
  8. Forced to ctrl+Alt +Del to login

Forced to ctrl+Alt +Del to login: Running windows 10 completely updated When I boot up my HP Envy 17 inch laptop it arrives at the lock screen. Clicking any key on the keyboard DOES NOT get me to the password/PIN prompt neither does the on screen keyboard. I need to click my mouse to bring up the...
  9. Forced to use Ctrl-Alt-Del to login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forced to use Ctrl-Alt-Del to login: Same issue as this locked thread. I cannot enter PIN, password, or swipe fingerprint until Ctrl-Alt-Del is pressed first. I've never been offered KB4464330, so I'm not sure if it solves the issue. Secure sign in is not enabled. Security Policy to disable was enabled, but no...
  10. Disable ctrl+alt+del login In (Windows 10 Home)

Disable ctrl+alt+del login In (Windows 10 Home): Hello, I have Windows 10 Home, and on one of the last updates, all of the sudden, I MUST go through >>> ctr+alt+del, and once that screen clears, then enter my password. I DO NOT need feature! How do I disable the ctrl+alt+del portion of the login? Thank you!...