Windows 10: My Windows 10 PC Still Lags

Discus and support My Windows 10 PC Still Lags in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've tried everything to make my Windows 10 PC stop lagging and not responding! I've tried uninstalling the latest update, but that didn't work! I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JoeySlikk, Feb 4, 2020.

1. JoeySlikk Win User

My Windows 10 PC Still Lags

I've tried everything to make my Windows 10 PC stop lagging and not responding! I've tried uninstalling the latest update, but that didn't work! I've tried reinstalling the latest update, but that didn't work! I've tried uninstalling my wireless keyboard and mouse, and installed the USB keyboard and mouse, but that didn't work! I've tried everything, and my PC is still lagging!

:)

JoeySlikk, Feb 4, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 4, 2020
  3. Windows 10 lags

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it is when the PC doesn’t perform the way it should be. We were checking the lag issue, but
    in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • How much is the CPU and Disk usage showing in Task Manager, also check if any particular program is having high CPU and Disk usage?

We would suggest you to refer the steps as suggested in this article (Exclude step 10):
    Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Meanwhile, put the PC in Clean Boot and see if you still get the PC lagging issue. Refer the article

How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    . A ‘clean boot’ starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. If the settings app is working fine in Clean Boot then please refer the section
    How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot
    to determine the root cause of the issue.

Note: After you finish troubleshooting, follow the section
    Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    to reset the computer to start normally.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Feb 4, 2020
  4. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

1. My Windows 10 PC Still Lags - Similar Threads - Still Lags

2. I own minecraft windows 10 but it still says i unlock full game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I own minecraft windows 10 but it still says i unlock full game: When I got Minecraft I opened the game game and i see it says unlock full version I've tried everything i could to fix the problem but it still says unlock full game may I have some help with this problem -From Preston...
  3. If i unplug a hard drive and reset my pc and plug it back in will everything still work on it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    If i unplug a hard drive and reset my pc and plug it back in will everything still work on it: I really want to know because windows is broken in a way that i dont know how to cope with so i want to reset it but i dont want to lose like my 1.5tb worth of stuff on my hard drive and i just want to know if i did that would it still work and be good. Thanks...
  4. no internet access but still can surf internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    no internet access but still can surf internet: Name: Ethernet Description: Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller Physical address MAC: 48:ba:4e:aa:1b:fe Status: Not operational Maximum transmission unit: 1500 IPv4 address: 169.254.9.79/16 IPv6 address: fe80::dd53:f881:d264:94f%18/64 DNS servers: 120.138.98.18, 120.138.96.18...
  5. Screen Saver settings still inaccessible on brand new clean 1909 install

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Saver settings still inaccessible on brand new clean 1909 install: There are many questions and "answers" about the inability to access certain cpl settings such as screen saver. The base issue seems to be a permission problem preventing rundll32 from operating correctly, as described in...
  6. Are you still having problems with the Feature Update 1909?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Are you still having problems with the Feature Update 1909?: Today I decided to take my PC off Pause. First I Checked for Updates. Second I installed Cumulative Update Framework. Third I restarted after it installed. Then I downloaded and Installed the Feature Update. Took less then 10 minutes to complete the process successfully....
  7. I've tried everything I could find online, but my apps are still blurry.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I've tried everything I could find online, but my apps are still blurry.: [IMG] submitted by /u/Cyan_Dino [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fv48bp/ive_tried_everything_i_could_find_online_but_my/
  8. Palm tracking is off still lag

in Windows 10 Customization
    Palm tracking is off still lag: I've went to multiple questions and gotten rid of most of the problem but there is still a slight delay and i hate it and i cant move the cursor when holding a key down. if someone tells me how to check what exact type of computer i have ill gladly check....
  9. Is latency (lag) still present using line-in on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is latency (lag) still present using line-in on Windows 10?: Hi, As a lot of you may or may not be aware, there has been an problem with latency whilst sound recording since W7 launched that wasn't present on XP or Vista. Many had hoped it would be addressed in 8/8.1 but it wasn't so i'm wondering whether the issue is still...
  10. Got little high spec but still lag when play game

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Got little high spec but still lag when play game: So let me explain my problem, first, you may need to look through my spec (Below). I know it is not a monster for gaming but how can you image if half-life, Asphalt 8 and Minecraft make my PC lagged? Let be clear here: +At first when I enter each game, it prety good, and...