Windows 10: My windows 10 photo viewer just shows a grey screen when opening up a jpeg

Discus and support My windows 10 photo viewer just shows a grey screen when opening up a jpeg in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My windows 10 photo viewer just shows a grey screen when opening up a jpeg image. Same with Photoshop. Both Lightroom and MS Paint open up the images... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DaveDiegelman, Sep 12, 2021.

1. My windows 10 photo viewer just shows a grey screen when opening up a jpeg

My windows 10 photo viewer just shows a grey screen when opening up a jpeg image. Same with Photoshop. Both Lightroom and MS Paint open up the images just fine. Here's what we've already done: 1. repair and reset of photos app done 2. disabled nividia grapichs 3. powershell command to re-install default microsoft apps done get app x package command in powershell with admin rights. 3. tried safe mode boot. 4. Enabled windows photo and fax viewer. 5. pictures open fine with ms paint. [parthajustanswer] 12:58PM, Sep 12 2021 these are the steps we have done already. Please let them kno

:)

DaveDiegelman, Sep 12, 2021
  2. iko22 Win User

How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

My windows 10 photo viewer just shows a grey screen when opening up a jpeg [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Sep 12, 2021
  3. Unable to open pictures in Windows Photo Viewer on Windows 10.

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for keeping us updated on the query. We apologize for the delay in response.

Please reply:

• Do you have Windows Photo Viewer files on your PC?
    • Did you check if Windows Photo Viewer is present as a Default application to view photos on your PC?

I suggest you to check if Windows Photo Viewer option is present as a default application to view photos by following steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Default programs and select the top most search result.
    • Click on the default set photo viewer application under Photo viewer and check if
      Windows Photo Viewer is present under Choose an app window.
    • If yes, click on Windows Photo Viewer, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 12, 2021
  4. becca Win User

My windows 10 photo viewer just shows a grey screen when opening up a jpeg

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10  

Thanks! I tried it, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. I'm sure it's probably something I did on my end....

I tried the 'undo' but photo viewer was still there after I did that. I did step #3 again and it's still the same. I can still rearrange, but can't view in that order. I don't see the photo viewer listed twice under 'open with'.

Any insights? Thanks!

becca, Sep 12, 2021
Thema:

My windows 10 photo viewer just shows a grey screen when opening up a jpeg

1. My windows 10 photo viewer just shows a grey screen when opening up a jpeg - Similar Threads - photo viewer shows

2. Windows Photo Viewer supports Motion JPEG

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Photo Viewer supports Motion JPEG: I just accidentally discovered that the Windows Photo Viewer (version 2023.11110.29003.0) can play videos of my Motion JPEGs that I shot with my smartphone. This feature seems to be fairly new and I've been missing it as it improves the desktop photo experience a lot. Simply...
  3. Phone link photos show up grey

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone link photos show up grey: I am trying to have my photos show up on my laptop from my phone, so I am using the Phone Link app. However, they all show up grey, and even after waiting for long periods of time, the photos never load. To be able to see them I have to click on them one by one and open them....
  4. Phone link photos show up grey

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone link photos show up grey: I am trying to have my photos show up on my laptop from my phone, so I am using the Phone Link app. However, they all show up grey, and even after waiting for long periods of time, the photos never load. To be able to see them I have to click on them one by one and open them....
  5. Windows 10 Photo Viewer shows white screen on startup

Windows 10 Photo Viewer shows white screen on startup: Hello, I have been facing problems using the photos app. On opening photos app, to view an image, only a white screen is visible. No photo is visible. I tried resetting and uninstallingusing PowerShell and reinstalling the photos app. After reinstalling the app works fine for...
  6. Windows Photo Viewer freezes up when opening an image 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Photo Viewer freezes up when opening an image 2004 update: So I updated to the 2004 update, now when opening an image gif, jpg, png etc. with Windows Photo Viewer, Windows Photo Viewer just freezes up can't scroll to next image, Screen is blank when opening a static image or just freezes on the first frame if opening a gif. It takes...
  7. Windows Photo Viewer opens a white screen

Windows Photo Viewer opens a white screen: Hi, When I open photos sometimes it just shows a white screen and when I open it through open with it shows the photo, how could I solve this problem? Thanks [ATTACH]...
  8. JPEG photos do not open in my Microsoft Surface, Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    JPEG photos do not open in my Microsoft Surface, Windows 10: Hello, I have several photos on my desktop JPG files and in various file folders on my Microsoft Surface PC. Formerly, I used to click on the JPG icon and it opened up within 1-2 seconds. Now, there is a significant delay 10-15 seconds and some photos do not open at...
  9. Microsoft Photos/ Windows Photo Viewer Not Opening the jpg/jpeg files after April 2019 Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Photos/ Windows Photo Viewer Not Opening the jpg/jpeg files after April 2019 Update: Hi Team, My personal files were missing after the April 2019 Update. I took my laptop to Microsoft Store for the Recovery. The store engineers were able to recover the data after three months of waiting. After that I have not logged into my laptop until last week. When I...
  10. Windows 10 Explorer Deleted Photos still show up in Photo App viewer

Windows 10 Explorer Deleted Photos still show up in Photo App viewer: Uploaded vacation photos from camera to external hard drive. Open Windows Explorer to cull the bad ones, extraneous/duplicates. Did that and when I opened up Photo App to view reduced picture set - they are all showing - even the deleted ones. When looking at the list in...