Windows 10: My windows 10 pro edition changed all the sudden to "enterprise" edition

Discus and support My windows 10 pro edition changed all the sudden to "enterprise" edition in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello. My windows 10 edition out of nothing just changed itself to "enterprise". What? why? how is it even possible? I'm not crazy, I clearly remember... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by PatrickPare, May 3, 2020.

1. My windows 10 pro edition changed all the sudden to "enterprise" edition

Hello. My windows 10 edition out of nothing just changed itself to "enterprise". What? why? how is it even possible? I'm not crazy, I clearly remember I have installed pro. Also activation that is done by key that is legitimate and was purchased from retail store, windows shows itself as not activated! and now it doesn't wants to accept key too. How do I get it back to Pro without reinstalling?

I don't even know what category should I select for this question

I have this issue back in 2019 and now this issue shows up again.

Any problems with Microsoft?

:)

PatrickPare, May 3, 2020

2. Windows 10 Enterprise Edition

Thank you Jayson

The problem is that I had purchased a Windows 10 Pro electronic upgrade from the Windows Anytime upgrade and after the download was finished they had downloaded Windows 10 Enterprise Edition. So the key for Pro will not work with Enterprise Edition.

So, I had a Win 10 Pro install disc and reinstalled Win 10 Pro, problem is it loaded it onto the Optane hdd accelerator chip. Now I cannot get to my hdd, Any suggestions.

Paul

Paul R Perry, May 3, 2020
  3. How to receive updates on Windows 10 Enterprise edition?

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

As you are trying to install updates on Windows 10 Enterprise edition, suggest you to post the question in the TechNet Forum.

The Enterprise edition is a different edition altogether compared to Pro edition and you do not have the downgrade option available.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, May 3, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

My windows 10 pro edition changed all the sudden to "enterprise" edition

Windows 10 pro edition

Hello Raed,

For us to better assist you with your concern about upgrading to Windows 10 pro edition and how to roll back to Windows 7, we would like to know some additional information first:

• Did you get any error messages or error codes?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

To help you on upgrading your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, we suggest that you check this

article
    for information and troubleshooting steps.

You can follow the steps provided below to be able to downgrade to Windows 7:

• Open Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • Click Recovery tab.
    • Look for the option to "Go back to Windows 7/8", and click on "Get Started" to begin the process.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, May 3, 2020
Thema:

My windows 10 pro edition changed all the sudden to "enterprise" edition

1. My windows 10 pro edition changed all the sudden to "enterprise" edition - Similar Threads - pro edition changed

2. Windows 10, Editions, Pro Education, Enterprise & Education, Edition Comparison.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10, Editions, Pro Education, Enterprise & Education, Edition Comparison.: Hello! I have Question About Windows Editions, specificly about Windows Edition Comparisons.I Already Did Read Refrence Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/windows-10-editions-for-education-customers-bf2572aa-5555-2b1e-f7ce-81e8ba890444But it does not give more...
  3. Windows 10, Editions, Pro Education, Enterprise & Education, Edition Comparison.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10, Editions, Pro Education, Enterprise & Education, Edition Comparison.: Hello! I have Question About Windows Editions, specificly about Windows Edition Comparisons.I Already Did Read Refrence Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/windows-10-editions-for-education-customers-bf2572aa-5555-2b1e-f7ce-81e8ba890444But it does not give more...
  4. Windows 10, Editions, Pro Education, Enterprise & Education, Edition Comparison.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 edition - Enterprise vs Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 edition - Enterprise vs Pro: Hi everyone,I am going through a list where I need to check the windows edition currently installed on a given set of computers. My approach for the same is as follows:If I want to check the edition of Windows a computer is running, I'd basically run Get-ComputerInfo select...
  6. Windows 10 edition - Enterprise vs Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 edition - Enterprise vs Pro: Hi everyone,I am going through a list where I need to check the windows edition currently installed on a given set of computers. My approach for the same is as follows:If I want to check the edition of Windows a computer is running, I'd basically run Get-ComputerInfo select...
  7. Windows 10 edition - Enterprise vs Pro

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  8. windows 10 home suddenly changed to enterprise edition.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 home suddenly changed to enterprise edition.: hello everyone, can some one help me out please!! I have Dell inspiron Which had liscened copy of windows 8.1 and activation status after and before upgrading to windows 10 home via media creation tool , was, " Your windows is activated thru digital liscence linked to your...
  9. Windows 10 Enterprise Edition

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Enterprise Edition: Where can I purchase just the key for Window 10 Enterprise Edition Thank you Paul https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-enterprise-edition/edf664ae-7c21-4064-a471-713eb2e809b0
  10. My windows 10 edition changed all the sudden to "enterprise" and activation now lost too

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My windows 10 edition changed all the sudden to "enterprise" and activation now lost too: Hello. My windows 10 edition out of nothing just changed itself to "enterprise". What? why? how is it even possible? I'm not crazy, I clearly remember I have installed pro. Also activation that is done by key (that is legitimate and was purchased from retail store) is now...