Windows 10: my windows 10 pro licence became home version

Discus and support my windows 10 pro licence became home version in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I had windows 10 pro in a laptop what is broken, its in service.I tried to use another older PC what had windows 7 PRO.I used a Windows 10 installation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jan 365 Welitz, Dec 8, 2022.

1. my windows 10 pro licence became home version

I had windows 10 pro in a laptop what is broken, its in service.I tried to use another older PC what had windows 7 PRO.I used a Windows 10 installation diskcopy to install clean windows 10Entered my productkey but it became home.I tried find info about this issue, and i noticed its a LOT.Now i created recovery tool and will install it again.I need Advices how to solve the problem.Is it better if i format the disk first ?PLEASE HELP

:)

Jan 365 Welitz, Dec 8, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 8, 2022
  3. aradne Win User
    Windows 10 Pro Licence Expiring - looking for help

I have an HP Elitebook Folio 9470m purchased from a private seller about 6 months ago in late September or early October of 2017. Within the last week I have been getting a pop-up saying that the Windows Licence is about to expire.

The seller had Windows 7 Pro running on it when I bought it and there is a Windows 7 Pro product key in the battery compartment. The seller told me that he had been running Windows 10 for a short period, but did not like it and had rolled the laptop back to Windows 7.

When I purchased it, I immediately updated it to Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft website. There were no issues and it has been running Windows 10 Pro without any problem for the last 6 months. I do vaguely remember however that when updating to Windows 10, the process seemed just slightly different than when I updated another laptop earlier in the year.

When I checked the Settings>Activation page now, it says "Windows is activated using your organization's activation service" and not a digital licence as on my other laptop. I had assumed that when updating 6 months ago, I had moved to a digital licence for Windows 10. That doesn't appear to be the case.
    I downloaded the activation download tool in the first post of this thread, but it's not running properly. I can try getting it to run if you think it's necessary, but in the meantime I used Jellybean Keyfinder to look for the current Windows 10 product key. It's different from the one listed in the battery compartment for the original Windows 7 install. Keyfinder also lists the registered owner as HP and gives a blank for registered organization. It also states that Windows 10 Pro was "Installed from Volume Media".

I want to continue to run Windows 10 Pro and I would like to know my options. These are the ones I'm considering.

1. On the Settings>Activation page, go to Change Product Key and enter the Windows 7 Pro key that is listed in the battery compartment. I don't know if that will work or if it might also worsen the situation in some way.

2. Purchase a Windows 10 Pro product key from a UK ebay seller for a nominal cost and enter that product key. The seller has over 2000 highly positive reviews over several years so appears legitimate enough that it's been working for people.
    3. Is there any way to convert to a Windows 10 Pro Digital Licence at this stage?
    I would appreciate your comments and suggestions.

aradne, Dec 8, 2022
  4. my windows 10 pro licence became home version

Windows 10 Pro full retail licence

I have a PC running with a full Windows 10 Pro retail licence. I need to replace this PC (it is failing) with a new build and I understand I can use the same licence on the new PC if I uninstall the licence from my current PC. It is on a USB with a product
    key.

I have two questions.

1. Can I use the MS Media Creation Tool 1909 to install Windows 10 Pro on my new PC and later enter my existing product key to activate Windows when I have fully loaded my programs onto my new PC or do I have to uninstall the licence key first.?
    2. If I uninstall the licence key first from my old PC will it still be useable for a few days/week until I have fully loaded my new PC?

JamesMartin_25, Dec 8, 2022
Thema:

my windows 10 pro licence became home version

1. my windows 10 pro licence became home version - Similar Threads - pro licence became

2. Can I replace my Windows 10 Home licence by a Pro?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I replace my Windows 10 Home licence by a Pro?: Hi all,I didn't found a exact solution for my issue, does someone know how I can do this:1. Old PC running Windows 10 Pro Intel NUC > This PC is about to be dismantled and put into recycling2. Dell Laptop with OEM Windows 10 Family or HomeI want to switch the OEM Home licence...
  3. Can I replace my Windows 10 Home licence by a Pro?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I replace my Windows 10 Home licence by a Pro?: Hi all,I didn't found a exact solution for my issue, does someone know how I can do this:1. Old PC running Windows 10 Pro Intel NUC > This PC is about to be dismantled and put into recycling2. Dell Laptop with OEM Windows 10 Family or HomeI want to switch the OEM Home licence...
  4. my windows 10 pro licence became home version

my windows 10 pro licence became home version: I had windows 10 pro in a laptop what is broken, its in service.I tried to use another older PC what had windows 7 PRO.I used a Windows 10 installation diskcopy to install clean windows 10Entered my productkey but it became home.I tried find info about this issue, and i...
  5. my windows 10 pro licence became home version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my windows 10 pro licence became home version: I had windows 10 pro in a laptop what is broken, its in service.I tried to use another older PC what had windows 7 PRO.I used a Windows 10 installation diskcopy to install clean windows 10Entered my productkey but it became home.I tried find info about this issue, and i...
  6. Windows 10 Pro version became Windows 11 Home after 'upgrade'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro version became Windows 11 Home after 'upgrade': Hi, I just recently upgraded from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 but noticed that the version in the winver command says I have the Home version, while before I had Pro. I also still have the key for Windows 10 Pro and tried using this in the settings but it says it is not able...
  7. Windows 10 Pro version became Windows 11 Home after 'upgrade'

Windows 10 Pro version became Windows 11 Home after 'upgrade': Hi, I just recently upgraded from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 but noticed that the version in the winver command says I have the Home version, while before I had Pro. I also still have the key for Windows 10 Pro and tried using this in the settings but it says it is not able...
  8. Buying Upgrade Licences - Windows 10 home to Pro

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Buying Upgrade Licences - Windows 10 home to Pro: Hey all... I've 15 new Laptops with Windows 10 Home. I want to upgrade them to Windows 10 Pro (small office environment.. I need Bitlocker). I can do it (buy) via the Activation upgrade option, but it wants to link to a Microsoft account. How can I get official genuine...
  9. Windows 7 pro became Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 pro became Windows 10 Home: I just became aware that The upgrade of my windows 7 pro to windows 10 home was not the expected transition. This happened during the massive transition. Is it too late? Was this planned? Do I just accept this?...
  10. Windows 10 Home/Pro licence on the same PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Home/Pro licence on the same PC: I have just read this FAQ, it was quite helpful, but there is still something I have to ask. Solved Frequently Asked Questions about the Windows 10 Free upgrade - Windows 10 Forums I have bought a new laptop with 8.1 Home preinstalled, when I upgrade it to 10, MS server...