Windows 10: My Windows 10 Pro license not working on my upgraded desktop (h/w upgrade)

Discus and support My Windows 10 Pro license not working on my upgraded desktop (h/w upgrade) in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I upgraded my system from core 2 duo to core i7 but my windows 10 pro license key is not working . Please assist I cannot afford to buy licenses again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by YashJain9787, Apr 11, 2019.

1. My Windows 10 Pro license not working on my upgraded desktop (h/w upgrade)

I upgraded my system from core 2 duo to core i7 but my windows 10 pro license key is not working . Please assist I cannot afford to buy licenses again and again

:)

YashJain9787, Apr 11, 2019
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Apr 11, 2019
  3. krimetal Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Apr 11, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

My Windows 10 Pro license not working on my upgraded desktop (h/w upgrade)

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

My Windows 10 Pro license not working on my upgraded desktop (h/w upgrade)

1. My Windows 10 Pro license not working on my upgraded desktop (h/w upgrade) - Similar Threads - Pro license working

2. Windows 11 Upgrade h

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 11 Upgrade h: Previously I was been using Windows 10 Pro for almost an year and today I upgraded to Windows 11, but when i downgraded back to win 10 my activation key doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-upgrade-h/f9d9cca3-928a-4ce7-b899-4feff54c821b
  3. Windows 11 Upgrade h

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Upgrade h: Previously I was been using Windows 10 Pro for almost an year and today I upgraded to Windows 11, but when i downgraded back to win 10 my activation key doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-upgrade-h/f9d9cca3-928a-4ce7-b899-4feff54c821b
  4. Windows 11 Upgrade h

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade - No License Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro Upgrade - No License Key: Hello Helpers!I have a Windows 10 Home machine that needs to be upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. My client bought the upgrade via the Microsoft Store. The upgrade did not install and showed an error saying the account was not an admin, however it is an admin on the machine. What's...
  6. Windows 10 Pro upgrade license

Windows 10 Pro upgrade license: I just bought a new computer with an OEM license for Windows 10 Home, and 'm planning to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro using the $99 upgrade in Windows Store. After I upgrade, will the new Windows 10 Pro license be an OEM license tied to the motherboard or a retail license tied...
  7. Win 10 Pro Upgrade License

Win 10 Pro Upgrade License: Hello Forum, What type of Win 10 license should I have if I purchased Win 10 Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store online? I would presume I would have a retail license. Is that correct? The Win 10 Pro upgrade was installed on a new HP Laptop that came with Win 10 Home...
  8. H-o-w Do I make my "Cortana" searchbox work on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    H-o-w Do I make my "Cortana" searchbox work on my desktop?: Hi, I Can't type Anything in my "Cortana" searchbox on my computer, so therefore I Can't use it.... : H-o-w can I make it work again,like it did before,to find things? I'm mystified... : Many thanks, Chris...
  9. After my windows 10 upgrade my keyboard stop w working ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    After my windows 10 upgrade my keyboard stop w working ?: working I have been done all the steps which are said in early question , but the step are not able to solve my errors still my keyboard is not working , my keyboard drivers habe code19 error . I was try to delete /unistall driver but its not working & not update drivers...
  10. Upgrading my desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrading my desktop: Hello,Just became a member here last nightm Looking to upgrade my desktop,The one that I have running is an oldish one that I upgraded to windows 10 from the existing windows 7. It's a biostar mother board and has only the option of 4GB ram.So looking for something more...