Windows 10: My Windows 10 Pro Retail license key successfully activated but appears blank in Settings...

Discus and support My Windows 10 Pro Retail license key successfully activated but appears blank in Settings... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; [IMG] Ok so this is the situation. I bought a RETAIL key online of Windows 10 Pro. I activated Windows 10 and the license does show as permanently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BLaZiNgSPEED, May 12, 2019.

1. My Windows 10 Pro Retail license key successfully activated but appears blank in Settings...

My Windows 10 Pro Retail license key successfully activated but appears blank in Settings... [​IMG]

Ok so this is the situation. I bought a RETAIL key online of Windows 10 Pro. I activated Windows 10 and the license does show as permanently activated. However on the Settings Activation screen on the right it does not really show as Activated. It is blank as we can see here.

Is this normal for a Retail key? I am also unable to attach it with my Microsoft account. So I am confused. When I try to Add an account it shows Something went wrong. My Windows 10 Pro Retail license key successfully activated but appears blank in Settings... f9c8a6fb-cf82-4597-a178-1ab9202f2103?upload=true.jpg
    So it is not exactly attached to my Microsoft account. So I'm wondering what happens to my license if I have to reformat Windows? I'm thinking maybe I have to reinstall Windows. Unless someone can clarify whether Retail key is different from Digital key. Is Retail key attachable to a Microsoft account?

Will I be able to activate if I reformat Windows or upgrade my PC? I'm worried how I'll be able to prove my ownership since I am unable to attach it to my account.

Many thanks

:)

BLaZiNgSPEED, May 12, 2019
  2. FX-GMC Win User

Windows 8.1 pro + WMC key activation

This worked for me last time with a Win 8 key.

Install Windows 8.1 and enter KMS key during setup. Once in windows change product key to my Windows 8 key. Go to add features and enter my WMC add-on key. Drink a beer to a job well done.

FX-GMC, May 12, 2019
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Windows 10 Home Full-Retail license to Windows 10 PRO using MSDN Key

Yes. Go to settings - update & security - activation tab. Change product key. If the Windows 10 Pro product key from MSDN is not accepted then enter the Windows 10 Pro generic product key to trigger the upgrade, then go back a second time and enter the MSDN product key to activate it. The Windows 10 Pro generic product key is:
    VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

You will have to do a clean install to go back to home version, though, but you will still have your previous activation stored, so it will activate.

NavyLCDR, May 12, 2019
  4. tigger Win User

My Windows 10 Pro Retail license key successfully activated but appears blank in Settings...

Windows 8.1 pro + WMC key activation

I was considering buying a WMC pro add on for my windows 8.1 pro install, but have googled and found some people had trouble activating it. Has anyone on here got any experience with this.

As to my install, I have a real Windows 8 pro key. So I installed windows 8 pro using a MSDN retail .iso which was activated soon as it finished installing , then I updated to .1 pro.

When you buy the WMC add on, it changes your key, I have read some people have had trouble activating it, now mine activates from windows, I hate doing the phone activation crap, so I don't want to have to do that after the WMC add on finishes installing.

The question is, what happens to my windows 8 pro key, is it still usable? and how would i go about if I had to reinstall? would it have to be-

Install win 8 pro-update to 8.1-install WMC add on, or could i use a windows 8.1 pro with WMC disc?

Thanks guys

Tigger

tigger, May 12, 2019
Thema:

My Windows 10 Pro Retail license key successfully activated but appears blank in Settings...

1. My Windows 10 Pro Retail license key successfully activated but appears blank in Settings... - Similar Threads - Pro Retail license

2. Windows 10 pro Activation with physical Windows 10 Pro retail key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 pro Activation with physical Windows 10 Pro retail key: I understand that Microsoft does not sell Windows 10 online/offline at present. However the Win10 pro retail physical version are available at many stores. And I am found that those are little bit cheap compared to Win11 pro retail from online/offlineMy quarry is that if I...
  3. Activate Retail windows 11 pro key on a PC with an OEM license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Retail windows 11 pro key on a PC with an OEM license: Hey there, I just recently bought a windows 11 pro retail license key, I intend to use it on my OEM activated windows 11 pro PC, but I don't know how to remove the OEM license first. Is there anyway to do this, I don't intend to use the OEM license on another PC. I upgrade my...
  4. Activate Retail windows 11 pro key on a PC with an OEM license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activate Retail windows 11 pro key on a PC with an OEM license: Hey there, I just recently bought a windows 11 pro retail license key, I intend to use it on my OEM activated windows 11 pro PC, but I don't know how to remove the OEM license first. Is there anyway to do this, I don't intend to use the OEM license on another PC. I upgrade my...
  5. Windows 10 license key retailer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 license key retailer: so me and my friend are working on building a computer and my friend wants it to be windows 10 but we dont have much money left after buying the GPU so we where searching to get a windows 10 key but the prices seem a bit low on this website and so we're not sure if its a good...
  6. Windows 10 license key retailer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 license key retailer: so me and my friend are working on building a computer and my friend wants it to be windows 10 but we dont have much money left after buying the GPU so we where searching to get a windows 10 key but the prices seem a bit low on this website and so we're not sure if its a good...
  7. Windows 10 license key retailer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. About Activation My Retail License Key.

About Activation My Retail License Key.: 1. Can I activate Windows 10 by enter my retail key to my new pc without uninstall retail key from my already signed older PC?2.After activated retailed key , What happen when I signed my Microsoft account Digital License linked to Microsoft account... may be transfer my...
  9. Unable to Activate Windows 10 Pro Retail License

Unable to Activate Windows 10 Pro Retail License: Hi,A, year ago I had purchased a genuine sealed Windows 10 Pro Retail pack, it came with a USB, CD Key and a manual.I had installed that in my laptop, which I've changed to a Windows 10 Home now for home use.Now, I've built a new PC and I wanted to Activate my Win 10 Pro...
  10. Multiple Windows 10 Pro Retail License Keys

Multiple Windows 10 Pro Retail License Keys: Hi, at Win 10's early existence, I accumulated 4 Win 10 Pro Retail license keys from non-Microsoft retailers and I still know what the 4 keys are: 1 I've found to be active in a Hyper-V virtual machine. 1 I've found to be active on a rarely booted offline disk. 1 of...