Windows 10: My Windows 10 Pro turned itself into Home

Discus and support My Windows 10 Pro turned itself into Home in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I might not have discovered this if my fingerprint reader hadn't quit working, but in trying to find a solution for that, I typed gpedit.msc into the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by NancyEJones, Mar 29, 2021.

1. My Windows 10 Pro turned itself into Home

I might not have discovered this if my fingerprint reader hadn't quit working, but in trying to find a solution for that, I typed gpedit.msc into the search bar and it didn't bring up Group Policy Editor as I expected. I have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, and my MIcrosoft account verifies that. I know that I had the Pro version installed, because I had to turn off Bitlocker manually, and in order to do that, I had to choose to log in with a local account. BITLOCKER WAS INSTALLED AND RUNNING, so I do know that my license was Pro. I had also used gpedit, which is not available with Home. Now my Properties window is showing that Home is installed and activated with a digital license. I know I created a restore point a couple of weeks ago, and that's gone too. The only restore point showing is from what looks to be the last update.

I know that I am the only person who uses this computer, and all of my programs are still installed.

How can i figure out how to get my professional license applied to this installation, without spending hours on the phone with MIcrosoft?

:)

NancyEJones, Mar 29, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 29, 2021
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 29, 2021
  4. My Windows 10 Pro turned itself into Home

Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

My Windows 10 Pro turned itself into Home

1. My Windows 10 Pro turned itself into Home - Similar Threads - Pro turned itself

2. Computer Turns on by Itself Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Turns on by Itself Windows 10: Community Lately my Lenovo T14 has started to turn on sometime during the night and I can't figure out why. Its hot coming out of hibernation its turn on from having be turned off the night day before. I 've run ... C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg -lastwake Wake History...
  3. Windows 10 home turned into pro after update, and inactive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 home turned into pro after update, and inactive: Hi, I think this happened after the 20H2 update, as I didn't see the update in the windows update so I downloaded the update file manually to proceed. I've been using Windows fine until today, when it said my activation is soon to expire. I went into Windows activation...
  4. Windows downgraded itself from Pro to Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows downgraded itself from Pro to Home: Hi all, while installing Docker on my machine, I got an unexpected error telling me, that Docker needs Windows Pro or Windows Server to operate. It is weird because I know for sure that laptop that I am using shipped with Windows 10 Pro. It came to me that since I am a part...
  5. Windows 10 Home turned itself into Windows 10 Pro overnight, now it wont accept my product key.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Home turned itself into Windows 10 Pro overnight, now it wont accept my product key.: Which is fair, I didnt purchase Windows 10 Pro. The laptop was originally Windows 7 Home (pre installed) and upgraded to Windows 10 Home during the free updade. Up until yesterday I was running Windows 10 Home without issue. I simply wish to revert it but that hasn't been...
  6. Windows 10 computer turns itself ON

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 computer turns itself ON: I have a new to me refurbished (from Amazon) Dell Optiplex 9020 desktop with Windows 10. Attached to it are a Dell SE2719H monitor, Logitech Trackball, Brother Laser Printer, and Linksys Router. Everything seems to work fine, except ... In the evening, I turn it OFF at...
  7. Windows 10 Camera Turning Itself On

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Camera Turning Itself On: Hi, my laptop camera has been turning itself on weirdly. I have seen it happen when I am watching a video or when I turn on a game. Any ideas how to fix this? My laptop is predator helios 300 2019 140054
  8. Windows 10 Camera Turning Itself On

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Camera Turning Itself On: Hi, my laptop camera has been turning itself on weirdly. I have seen it happen when I am watching a video or when I turn on a game. Any ideas how to fix this? My laptop is predator helios 300 2019...
  9. Windows 10 Camera Turning Itself On

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Camera Turning Itself On: Hi, my laptop camera has been turning itself on weirdly. I have seen it happen when I am watching a video or when I turn on a game. Any ideas how to fix this? My laptop is predator helios 300 2019 140054
  10. Windows 10 computer turns on by itself

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 computer turns on by itself: [ATTACH] A computer turning on all by itself randomly can be very annoying. I have faced this situation multiple numbers of times, and I had to make sure to turn the switch off, so there is no chance of it turning [...] This post Windows 10 computer turns on by itself is...