Windows 10: My windows 10 pro upgrade process

Discus and support My windows 10 pro upgrade process in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My windows 10 pro has gone through an upgrade process but become windows 10 home. I had upgrade feature turned off.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RalphLouaillier, Feb 4, 2019.

1. My windows 10 pro upgrade process

My windows 10 pro has gone through an upgrade process but become windows 10 home. I had upgrade feature turned off.

:)

RalphLouaillier, Feb 4, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 4, 2019
  3. Windows 10 upgrade rant..

The free space shouldn't prevent you from upgrading to built 1607. I manually upgraded my own laptop which had only 9gigs free space left on the system drive.

I unzipped the Windows 10 Pro anniversary edition ISO on my D drive, and started the upgrade process from there. At one point the installer complained about not having enough free space on the main drive, i just had to point it to the D drive to proceed to the next step. Now the rollback installation is stored there and doesn't clog up the C drive anymore.

In your case you could insert a large sdcard to act as the required rollback drive, i'm pretty sure it would do the trick.

Oh and by the way, if you want to further compress your System files:
    • do a search Command Prompt, right-click it, and select Run as administrator.
    • Type COMPACT.EXE /CompactOS:always and hit Enter.
    You'll will gain anything from 2 to 4 gigs free space after it's done.

blobster21, Feb 4, 2019
  4. My windows 10 pro upgrade process

Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

My windows 10 pro upgrade process

1. My windows 10 pro upgrade process - Similar Threads - pro upgrade process

2. upgrade my 8.1 pro to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade my 8.1 pro to windows 10: purchased digital windows 10 upgrade from microsoft. have tried numerous times to install. program runs thru all loading and upgrading and checking computer. during install part it gets 70% in and stops with windw saying windows 10 installation failed. at no point during...
  3. upgrade my 8.1 pro to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrade my 8.1 pro to windows 10: purchased digital windows 10 upgrade from microsoft. have tried numerous times to install. program runs thru all loading and upgrading and checking computer. during install part it gets 70% in and stops with windw saying windows 10 installation failed. at no point during...
  4. upgrade my 8.1 pro to windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. my upgrade to windows 10 pro failed

my upgrade to windows 10 pro failed: While upgrading to windows 10 pro it failed and now i'm getting errors oxc004f050. Windows 10 enterprise is not activated. oxc004c003 error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-upgrade-to-windows-10-pro-failed/15b2242a-5efe-4b4e-9621-8a451bab0116
  6. Where is my windows 10 pro upgrade

Where is my windows 10 pro upgrade: I bought windows 10 pro upgrade on my laptop this morning around 8am MST. nothing happened and I never got an email, I called Geeksquad as I bought my laptop at bestbuy and they looked around and said that I should get an email saying I paid for it and that it is good and...
  7. Will upgrading from windows 10 home to pro affect my version build in the process?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will upgrading from windows 10 home to pro affect my version build in the process?: I'm currently on windows 10 home build 1709 with my updates turned off. I would like to upgrade to pro, but I don't want it updating my build version, just the features. Does anyone know, or have experience when upgrading from an earlier build? submitted by /u/621311_135...
  8. How is the Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro upgrade process?

How is the Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro upgrade process?: Typically I do a fresh version of windows with a new PC build. That being said Win 7 is out of date and I might do the upgrade for security reasons. My concern is around doing the upgrade and having everything land back in exactly the same place its in now. For example I have...
  9. How is the Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro upgrade process?

How is the Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro upgrade process?: Typically I do a fresh version of windows with a new PC build. That being said Win 7 is out of date and I might do the upgrade for security reasons. My concern is around doing the upgrade and having everything land back in exactly the same place its in now. For example I have...
  10. Windows 10 Upgrade process

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Upgrade process: I'm hoping someone can tell me how the Win10 upgrade works in terms of optimization. Does it tune-up or defragment my HDD in any way. Essentially what I'm saying is that, after upgrading to Win10 from Win7 Home premium, there was a significant performance upgrade. I'm both...