Windows 10: My windows 10 profile picture isn't showing up when I switched to a local account

Discus and support My windows 10 profile picture isn't showing up when I switched to a local account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-profile-picture-isnt-showing-up-when/28092293-175d-43dd-84d9-7279fdc3a6a6 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by A.User_RH, Dec 8, 2021.

1. A.User_RH Win User

My windows 10 profile picture isn't showing up when I switched to a local account

In home

:)

A.User_RH, Dec 8, 2021
  2. AndreTen Win User

Trying to switch from MS account to local account

Mybe you have to set your Windows account password. Not sure at which step are you..

Check Tutorials: tenforums tutorials |switch-local-account-windows-10

AndreTen, Dec 8, 2021
  3. JohnnyGui Win User
    Windows 1809 not showing Account's profile picture anywhere

After the 1809 update, Windows is not showing my Microsoft account's profile picture on the Windows Login screen, in the Start Menu or the Account Settings.

I did a clean install of 1809 while I'm disconnected from the internet to prevent unwanted old drivers to be installed. After installation, I connected to the internet and have succesfully logged in with my Microsoft account and confirmed it in the Account Settings.
    On previous Windows 10 versions, this would immediately show me the Microsoft Account's profile picture in all of the above mentioned places, but on 1809 it just won't show up.

I have tried the following:
    1. Did several reboots as well as cold boots
    2. Went back to a local account and logged in again with my Microsoft Account.
    3. Removed and changed my online Microsoft account's profile picture.
    4. Did an sfc/ scannow without finding any integrity violations.
    5. Ran the Account Troubleshooter

The option to Sync my Settings is enabled. I have Windows Pro x64.
    It seems that Windows is not connecting properly to my online Microsoft account but not sure why. All the other Microsoft apps such as Mail, Calendar, Weather, News, etc. are showing my profile picture normally.

What can I do to solve this?

JohnnyGui, Dec 8, 2021
  4. My windows 10 profile picture isn't showing up when I switched to a local account

New Local Account Not Working In Windows 10

Hi Scott,

This issue could have happened due to corrupted profile on your Windows 10. We suggest that you delete the non-working profile on your PC and try to register it again.

To delete your non-working account, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the *Start menu**. It's the Windows logo in the bottom left of your screen.

• Click on Settings.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Family & other users.

• Click on the account you wish to remove.

• Click on the remove button.

• Click on the Delete account and data button.

We also suggest that you follow the steps on this
    link
    to create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Dec 8, 2021
Thema:

My windows 10 profile picture isn't showing up when I switched to a local account

1. My windows 10 profile picture isn't showing up when I switched to a local account - Similar Threads - profile picture isn't

2. How to remove a profile picture of windows local account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove a profile picture of windows local account?: I tried to open the microsoft teams account of my friend on my laptop and then it became the default account of my windows laptop. I tried to switch to local account but her profile picture is still the display photo of my local account....
  3. I can't switch to local account- the button isn't there.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't switch to local account- the button isn't there.: I can't switch to local account- the button isn't there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-switch-to-local-account-the-button-isnt/59383f33-9b2a-4e93-9512-31d255d89987
  4. I can't switch to local account- the button isn't there.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't switch to local account- the button isn't there.: I can't switch to local account- the button isn't there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-switch-to-local-account-the-button-isnt/59383f33-9b2a-4e93-9512-31d255d89987
  5. I can't switch to local account- the button isn't there.

6. Why isn't my accounts profile photo showing up here?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isn't my accounts profile photo showing up here?: It's just an empty circle and the initials are not the same as my outlook account profile name yet they seem to be connected even though initials on profile name are different and profile photo doesn't show up here....
  7. Why isn't my accounts profile photo showing up here?

Why isn't my accounts profile photo showing up here?: It's just an empty circle and the initials are not the same as my outlook account profile name yet they seem to be connected even though initials on profile name are different and profile photo doesn't show up here....
  8. Why isn't my accounts profile photo showing up here?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. My windows 10 profile picture isn't showing up when I switched to a local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 10 profile picture isn't showing up when I switched to a local account: In home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-profile-picture-isnt-showing-up-when/28092293-175d-43dd-84d9-7279fdc3a6a6
  10. My windows 10 profile picture isn't showing up when I switched to a local account

My windows 10 profile picture isn't showing up when I switched to a local account: In home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-profile-picture-isnt-showing-up-when/28092293-175d-43dd-84d9-7279fdc3a6a6