Windows 10: my Windows 10 refuses to let me off of tablet mode

Discus and support my Windows 10 refuses to let me off of tablet mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; my computer won't allow me to access my notification bar at all which is the only place where I could switch out of tablet mode. I've tried sending... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by imjustagradthatneedscomph, Dec 5, 2018 at 11:57 PM.

1. my Windows 10 refuses to let me off of tablet mode

my computer won't allow me to access my notification bar at all which is the only place where I could switch out of tablet mode. I've tried sending things to myself in hopes that the notification bar will pop up but it won't let me in.pressing or clicking on it doesn't help. Does anyone have any idea what I could do?

:)

imjustagradthatneedscomph, Dec 5, 2018 at 11:57 PM

2. Windows 10 refuses to exit tablet mode

Hi Stephen,

There are different possible reasons as to why your computer is getting stuck in tablet mode. This could be caused by a recent update that was installed or system files that got corrupted. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any recent changes made or updates that were installed prior to the issue occurring?
    • Were there any error messages when you attempted to switch back to desktop mode?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 do you have installed?

As an initial recommendation, kindly follow the steps provided below to turn off tablet mode on your computer:

• Open the Settings app by pressing the Windows key + I, and select the
      System icon.
    • Select Tablet Mode from the list on the left side, and select
      Use the appropriate mode for my hardware or Use desktop mode under the
      When I sign in option on the right hand side. (see screenshot below)

my Windows 10 refuses to let me off of tablet mode 61383cae-bf9f-40c4-96f2-64a007b831a8.jpg

We look forward to your response to our queries.

3. Vinodh.V Win User
    Tablet Mode doesn't automatically turn on

Hi Roice,

We suggest you to follow the below steps to make the tablet mode permanent:

• Click start and select settings.
    • Select settings and then select tablet mode.
    • Now you have different options to choose from, please choose settings that suits you.
    Hope this information helps.

4. my Windows 10 refuses to let me off of tablet mode

My tablet mode doesnt work

Hello,

To turn on tablet mode on Windows 10, kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start; then select Settings.
    • Select System; then click on Tablet Mode.
    • Turn on Tablet Mode.

Regards.

Thema:

my Windows 10 refuses to let me off of tablet mode

1. my Windows 10 refuses to let me off of tablet mode - Similar Threads - refuses let off

2. Can't work my tablet mode........HELP ME PLEASE

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't work my tablet mode........HELP ME PLEASE: I've had my new laptop now for a week. And my tablet mode don't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-work-my-tablet-modehelp-me-please/f2cd7136-48d6-41cb-9d6e-fa020215f9e0
  3. Windows will not let me sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows will not let me sign in: How do I get into windows? It tells me that my password is incorrect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/windows-will-not-let-me-sign-in/26b7e133-74c3-4015-8e57-98f36dfabfe3
  4. Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tablet Mode: Can I detach my keyboard from my screen in Tablet Mode? I guess I don't understand how it works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/tablet-mode/ac5ceea0-7e60-45a3-bbba-95e662578e9c
  5. Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tablet Mode: Tablet Mode doesn"t work Windows 10 64 bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/tablet-mode/20aaec50-f38f-4066-a10f-8fa9bb6a02b7
  6. Windows Update Settings Refuses to Let Me Use This Option

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Settings Refuses to Let Me Use This Option: I got an issue with windows update. When I go to settings > windows update > advanced options. I cant turn this on the option, "automatically download updates, even over metered data connections". Whenever I try to, it switches back to off. I just want to automatically...
  7. tablet mode

in Windows 10 Support
    tablet mode: Why does my computer go into tablet mode without me putting it there.Help please. 33817
  8. Windows 10 wont let me optimize my drives.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 wont let me optimize my drives.: So when I open defrag/optimize drives. I will click on recovery and \\?\Volume{6117a5} and it will refuse to optimize. The optimization process wont begin and it will stay highlighted. Especially when I run it in administrator mode 94809
  9. Turn On or Off Tablet Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Tablet Mode in Windows 10: Thanks for this, A few thoughts that would make this much better for me Remove the taskbar, if running in full screen tablet mode this is not needed (8 style app switcher is easier with touch than clicking the taskbar) disable the minimize buttons, after using this it...
  10. can't turn off tablet mode

in Windows 10 Support
    can't turn off tablet mode: I selected tablet mode, and I have no way of going back that I can fine. My start button does nothing(which was the original problem that I was trying to resolve). All I have is Control Panel. This has definitely been the most challenging version since 3,1 21348