Windows 10: My windows 10 search box is not working and when i click on it, it just shows an empty...

Discus and support My windows 10 search box is not working and when i click on it, it just shows an empty... in Cortana to solve the problem; please fix this... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by AtharvaWarhade, Feb 6, 2020.

1. My windows 10 search box is not working and when i click on it, it just shows an empty...

please fix this

:)

AtharvaWarhade, Feb 6, 2020

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Feb 6, 2020
  3. JohnHeinz Win User
    Windows 10 Search box

Which instructions are you suggesting I missed? There is no search icon. Right clicking the taskbar shows no search option. The "small characters" or icons trick did nothing. The regedit thing:
    Follow these steps to turn on the hidden search box:

• Open regedit
    • Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search
    • Inside the search key, create the new DWORD value named EnableSearchBox and set it to 1
    • Restart your computer or simply Explorer Shell
    Did not give me a search option that I can find.

So in at least MY version of windows 10 there is no search box I can find that will allow me to search my own computer to find possible misplaced files.

So what are the instructions?

JohnHeinz, Feb 6, 2020
  4. kmint Win User

My windows 10 search box is not working and when i click on it, it just shows an empty...

Search boxes inside windows not working

In the task bar it works normal, it's only the boxes inside the windows as described in this site by someone else.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...1-b9bdc0aa4734

If I click and type it won't work either. It's really annyong and weird, I cant search anymore in my thousands of files.

- - - Updated - - -

Where do I have to do that? I dont understand what that is.

kmint, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

My windows 10 search box is not working and when i click on it, it just shows an empty...

1. My windows 10 search box is not working and when i click on it, it just shows an empty... - Similar Threads - search box working

2. Windows 10 when I click on login screen it just freezes and shows search options but not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 when I click on login screen it just freezes and shows search options but not...: HelloWindows 10 on HP Envy 16 gb ram 1 tb harddrive; when I click on the log in screen it just freezes and shows search options but not log in Username or Password it shows the white arrow but blurred back ground.bottom right show the power button symbol ect.I have tried ctrl...
  3. Windows 10 when I click on login screen it just freezes and shows search options but not...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 when I click on login screen it just freezes and shows search options but not...: HelloWindows 10 on HP Envy 16 gb ram 1 tb harddrive; when I click on the log in screen it just freezes and shows search options but not log in Username or Password it shows the white arrow but blurred back ground.bottom right show the power button symbol ect.I have tried ctrl...
  4. Windows 10 when I click on login screen it just freezes and shows search options but not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows search box greys out when clicked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows search box greys out when clicked: Sometime back in May? an Windows X update was loaded into my computer overnight, next morning the search feature in File Explorer goes grey every time it is clicked. The only way to remedy this was to uninstall the update. The next morning, Windows updated again with the same...
  6. Windows Search Box Is not Opening When I Click it

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Search Box Is not Opening When I Click it: I cannot open Windows Search box. When I click it, nothing shows up as if I didn't click the search box. I tried everything on internet but it didn't work. What can I do?...
  7. search box is empty

in Windows 10 Support
    search box is empty: suddenly the search box is empty.... I can't run even cmd window that I need for work.... it started today....the problem....never before.... i don't even have cortana installed on my system... i tried to troubleshoot search index i restarted windows search in services i...
  8. Search Box not showing

in Cortana
    Search Box not showing: Hi, I am on W10 1903 build 18980.1. Since a while, should I click on the taskbar's search icon or WIN+S, nothing happens (or sometimes I get a big black square). This is kind of a pain, as i'm not fond of icons y navigate mostly through searches. I already tried...
  9. My search box is not working.

in Cortana
    My search box is not working.: [ATTACH] My search box is not working. As you can see in the picture is not showing any results of calculator. At first it used to show but now its not showing anything.... Please help... its so irritating to go inside the list of apps and access anything....
  10. my boxes when win 10 start they show but click and nothing

in Windows 10 Customization
    my boxes when win 10 start they show but click and nothing: hen i open my computer it boots fine but the lil blocks not sure what they are called they show but if you click on them its just like 1/10th of a second and gone here they go i don't know so i spent 12hrs on microsoft support today asting my time hope someone can help me...