Windows 10: My Windows 10 search is suddenly gone

Discus and support My Windows 10 search is suddenly gone in Cortana to solve the problem; This may sound strange but I have been used to typing 'update history' or 'screen saver' , etc.. in the space on the lower left corner of my Win 10... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by RTan2010, Apr 20, 2019.

1. RTan2010 Win User

My Windows 10 search is suddenly gone

This may sound strange but I have been used to typing 'update history' or 'screen saver' , etc.. in the space on the lower left corner of my Win 10 Desktop (typically pre-filled with the words "type here to search") with magnifying glass. I have also disabled the annoying Cortana since day one. It has worked very well since I got this new laptop but today, when I type anything at all, the partial square (Win10 Tiles) pops up totally white and anything I type is practically ignored. I've tried all kinds of ways and means to see what I'm doing wrong but just can;t figure out what seems like a trivial issue. Would be grateful for any tips or guidance.

:)

RTan2010, Apr 20, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Apr 20, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 20, 2019
  4. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

1. My Windows 10 search is suddenly gone - Similar Threads - search suddenly gone

2. My Internet connection is suddenly gone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Internet connection is suddenly gone.: Hello,I came across an issue with my internet connection on my PC which I do not understand.My PC is connected with an ethernet cable to a Fritz!Box repeater. Then all of a sudden the connection to the internet is gone but the router is still connected. The weird thing is...
  3. My Internet connection is suddenly gone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Internet connection is suddenly gone.: Hello,I came across an issue with my internet connection on my PC which I do not understand.My PC is connected with an ethernet cable to a Fritz!Box repeater. Then all of a sudden the connection to the internet is gone but the router is still connected. The weird thing is...
  4. My Internet connection is suddenly gone.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Bluetooth is suddenly gone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth is suddenly gone?: My laptop definitely has Bluetooth, I've used it before but after I downgraded from windows 11 to windows 10 suddenly Bluetooth is missing.I can't turn it on in the action window where you turn on things like flight mode, the option is just gone. I went to the Bluetooth and...
  6. Bluetooth is suddenly gone?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth is suddenly gone?: My laptop definitely has Bluetooth, I've used it before but after I downgraded from windows 11 to windows 10 suddenly Bluetooth is missing.I can't turn it on in the action window where you turn on things like flight mode, the option is just gone. I went to the Bluetooth and...
  7. Bluetooth is suddenly gone?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Windows 10 Search Not Working Suddenly.

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Not Working Suddenly.: I woke up the other day and my windows 10 search was not functioning at all, windows start menu also takes around 3-4 seconds to open when I hit my windows key, something else to note is that the process SearchUI.exe is not present in my task manager, and is nowhere to be...
  9. Windows 10 Search Bar Calculation Gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Search Bar Calculation Gone: Hi all! I've noticed in the last month the calculation functionality in the Windows 10 Start menu search is gone. I used to be able to click the Windows key, and in the Start menu search bar type something like "2*2" and see the result. Now it seems to be completely gone, and...
  10. Program suddenly gone?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Program suddenly gone?: Hello there Today I‘ve started my computer as usual and then I‘ve noticed that Mozilla Thunderbird was gone. It was pinned on the taskbar, but today it was gone, completely vanished from the system. Firefox on the other hand remained untouched. My first thought was that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the search is gone in windows 10