Windows 10: My Windows 10 services have stopped working (no updates, cant turn on defender)

Discus and support My Windows 10 services have stopped working (no updates, cant turn on defender) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Title! submitted by /u/eboleN [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ep9lro/my_windows_10_services_have_stopped_working_no/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/eboleN, Jan 15, 2020.

1. /u/eboleN Win User

My Windows 10 services have stopped working (no updates, cant turn on defender)

/u/eboleN, Jan 15, 2020
  2. Mala_S Win User

Windows Defender of Windows 10 stoped working and is not turning on

Hello NasirMahmood1,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

Have you installed any third party anti-virus software?

Step 1: Turn Windows Defender Service On.

Initially, we need to check with the status of
    Windows Defender Service which might be stopping the defender to turn on.

• Press Windows key + R and type
      services.msc and press Enter key.
    • Search for Windows Defender Service and check if it has been started.
    • Right click on Windows Defender Service and click on
      Restart.

Step 2: Turn On Windows Defender Antivirus using Group Policy.

As you are on Windows 10 Pro build, I would suggest
    gpedit.msc
    settings from the following link and set it to Disabled or not configured to
    turn on real time protection setting. Follow the steps mentioned under
    Disable real-time protection from the article-
    Enable and configure antivirus always-on protection and monitoring

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Mala_S, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Turn off windows defender and alerts and stop service

Hi Clifford,

Follow these steps to start Windows Defender Service:

• Open Run command box by pressing Windows Key + R.
    • Double-click the Windows Defender service, and then in the Startup type box, click
      Automatic.
    • Click OK.

If it is already set to Automatic, then stop the service and
    start again.

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Borg 386 Win User

windows defender & security center services keep turning off

Are you running any other AV or did you have one running in the past? If you didn't use an uninstaller for the AV, then the remnants of it could be causing the problem. Normally any time you install an AV it disables Defender by default.

If you are getting any error codes please list those, that will be helpful in helping you.

As torre suggested, might be a good idea to do a reset or even a reinstall.

Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

There are also some suggestions listed here:

Unable to turn on Windows Defender in Windows 7 / 8 / 10

Borg 386, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

1. My Windows 10 services have stopped working (no updates, cant turn on defender) - Similar Threads - services stopped working

2. Windows Defender Service Stop Working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Service Stop Working: Sense and WdNisSvc services have stopped but when i try to start it this pops up[Original Title: Windows Defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-service-stop-working/f0f9b965-9d1e-4205-936f-755985b1ba57
  3. Cant turn on Location Service on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant turn on Location Service on Windows 10: In Settings : Some of theses setting are hiddenen or managed by your organization Windows 10 20H2 Latest updates Applied. Single User System in USAGeolocation is running automatic in Services . Tried Ifsvc registry delete and other suggestion and no luck....
  4. Cant turn on my Windows Defender

Cant turn on my Windows Defender: my virus and threat protection is turned off and I cant turn it on because the security is managed by an administrator. Im the only one who uses my computer and I can do anything except manage my security....
  5. As of recent my Windows Defender, Windows Update and Windows Store have stopped working....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    As of recent my Windows Defender, Windows Update and Windows Store have stopped working....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ImSoSolo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gxjzg0/as_of_recent_my_windows_defender_windows_update/
  6. Cant turn on windows defender

Cant turn on windows defender: Hello everyone, I downloaded the pycharm software to program in python and the windows defender blocked to install the interpeter. The program asked me to turn off manually or it can disable automaticly and i chose the 2nd one. When i was done i wanted to turn back on the...
  7. Windows Defender Service stopped

Windows Defender Service stopped: Right after this April 16, 2020, My windows defender shows that the Service has stopped. I did recover it but My version is blank and Security intelligence version is blank. If i check for updates What will happen? will it turn again to Stop the service or wait for the new...
  8. Threat service has stopped, all Windows Defender settings have been turned off.

Threat service has stopped, all Windows Defender settings have been turned off.: Tried restarting PC to no avail, was working fine yesterday. No new updates, is the latest patch the issues? Anyone else facing the same problem? submitted by /u/kwonfused [link] [comments]...
  9. CANT TURN WINDOWS DEFENDER ON? WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    CANT TURN WINDOWS DEFENDER ON? WINDOWS 10: CANT TURN WINDOWS DEFENDER ON? CANT BACK UP OR RECOVER CANT UPDATE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-turn-windows-defender-on-windows-10/3c08fb11-693c-4a93-b9a6-ff4044a39066
  10. windows defender cant turn on

windows defender cant turn on: hai, i have some problem with my windows defender, i didnt remember if i turn off my windows defender but it seems my windows defender are off. when i tried to turn it on it didnt turn like as usually, and when i try to run a quick scan (in hope it will turn on automatically)...