Windows 10: my windows 10 settings won't launch and I can't type in start menu to search cmd. Please help

Discus and support my windows 10 settings won't launch and I can't type in start menu to search cmd. Please help in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hi, My settings won't launch sometimes my wifi also doesn't stay connected for longer i have to troubleshoot all the time and now settings are not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FilzaZehra, Sep 5, 2020.

1. my windows 10 settings won't launch and I can't type in start menu to search cmd. Please help

hi,

My settings won't launch sometimes my wifi also doesn't stay connected for longer i have to troubleshoot all the time and now settings are not opening that's why it is even harder to troubleshoot because it gives error on wizard start up as well.

please help me and resolve my problem.

:)

FilzaZehra, Sep 5, 2020

2. Win10 start menu won`t open (SOLUTION)

To all people that suffer from same problems as I did:

-Win 10`s start menu won`t open after restart

-Win 10`s menu stops working after few days if your pc has been idle or just on.

-Win 10`s menu works after AC power down

-Win 10`s menu won`t work after restart unless you log out and relog through CTRL+ALT+DEL

It took me 7 hours to find cause of this problem, lots program reinstallations and browsing through internet.

Even Microsoft support didn`t provide the right answer for this problem, they just give you commands and advices to create new accounts, cleanup this, reinstall that, clean boot this, normal boot that. But what they don`t say is that all those problems are
    caused by their so called "feature" that released with their "Fall Creators Update". A feature that saves some data into the memory, so after restart it start`s to open all your chrome windows and other programs.

CAUSE:

Your windows might get some conflicts with some programms during the session, before the update if you shutdown/restart your pc, windows where just dumping all the data out of the window, after the update it started to save it to the memory (including all the
    conflicted data). THANK YOU MICROSOFT!

SOLUTION:

Go to your Search icon on the taskbar, type > Settings > Accounts > Sing-In options > Under "Privacy" uncheck/disable "Use my sing-in info to automatically setting up my device after an update or restart" > Restart

Hope it helps folks!

3DArtist

And ofcourse:

Microsoft, you`ve already forced us into updates with Win10.

Will you now please stop screwing up windows even more with your pointless system breaking features!

Stop reinventing the wheel.

3DArtist_007, Sep 5, 2020
  3. Lumia 830 main camera won`t start

After windows 10 update my lumia 830 camera won`t start . It says Camera won`t start . I tried other camera apps but camera still not work . Front camera working plz help me . I did hard reset , soft reset , downgraded to 8.1 but problem still persist

CahangirTahirov, Sep 5, 2020
  4. tops Win User

my windows 10 settings won't launch and I can't type in start menu to search cmd. Please help

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

my windows 10 settings won't launch and I can't type in start menu to search cmd. Please help

1. my windows 10 settings won't launch and I can't type in start menu to search cmd. Please help - Similar Threads - settings won't launch

2. Can't type in the search bar in the start menu and none of the tips are helping

in Cortana
    Can't type in the search bar in the start menu and none of the tips are helping: For some reason my search bar is no longer functioning. It's making it hard to find documents and apps. I tried all the tips given either from answer.microsoft or random website but it's still not working. I'm not sure if their problem is even the same as mine. This problem...
  3. Can't type in the search bar in the start menu and none of the tips are helping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't type in the search bar in the start menu and none of the tips are helping: For some reason my search bar is no longer functioning. It's making it hard to find documents and apps. I tried all the tips given either from answer.microsoft or random website but it's still not working. I'm not sure if their problem is even the same as mine. This problem...
  4. Can't type in the search bar in the start menu and none of the tips are helping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't type in start menu search bar?

in Cortana
    Can't type in start menu search bar?: Today i started facing this issue after i set my system's locale to japan so i could run some software.The language options on the bottom right of the bar disappeared and suddenly I wasn't able to type anything in the search box of the start menu. or the settings. I tried...
  6. Search launches with start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search launches with start menu: [ATTACH] After updating windows, every time I press the windows button, the search function also pops up. I tried killing it with the task manager but that doesn't fix it. Please help!...
  7. Windows 10: Can't type in search box or in start menu.

in Cortana
    Windows 10: Can't type in search box or in start menu.: Hello, I've been using my new Windows 10 PC for less than a day and am unable to type into the Windows 10 search box/bar. Also, setting the search bar to display the search icon instead, and then clicking on the icon does not make a search bar appear nothing happens. Showing...
  8. I can't search for apps in my start menu typing with the keyboard.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't search for apps in my start menu typing with the keyboard.: submitted by /u/MicAnej [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e0mmnw/i_cant_search_for_apps_in_my_start_menu_typing/
  9. I can't type into Windows 10 search bar or type within start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't type into Windows 10 search bar or type within start menu: So randomly, I can no longer type into the windows 10 search and when I bring up the start menu I cannot type in it to search for apps. I've search and tried a few things but still no luck. I attempted to do a system restore to a previous point in safe mode, but I run into an...
  10. Start Menu won't launch

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu won't launch: I've recently installed a fresh version of windows (was having PC issues) and all went well, apart from the fact I can no longer launch the start menu, which renders my PC essentially useless. I'd really appreciate some help here fixing the issue, as it is pretty vital. I've...