Windows 10: My Windows 10 started missing up after Factory Reset

Discus and support My Windows 10 started missing up after Factory Reset in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I factory reseted my Windows and now my start menu, settings menu, volume won't work. Every time i factory reset it it looses more things. What should... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CallOfDeath, Sep 8, 2019.

1. My Windows 10 started missing up after Factory Reset

I factory reseted my Windows and now my start menu, settings menu, volume won't work. Every time i factory reset it it looses more things. What should I do?

:)

CallOfDeath, Sep 8, 2019
  2. AndreePin Win User

Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Sep 8, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Sep 8, 2019
  4. swat354 Win User

My Windows 10 started missing up after Factory Reset

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

My Windows 10 started missing up after Factory Reset

1. My Windows 10 started missing up after Factory Reset - Similar Threads - started missing Factory

2. after factory reset of win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after factory reset of win 10: how do I restore my Microsoft games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-factory-reset-of-win-10/70bb7097-637f-4fb7-9260-a1d7bb98e7da
  3. Unable to login after factory reset on my Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to login after factory reset on my Windows 10: After factory resetting my laptop the login says "Other user". I've tried to login with no luck, even tried to connect to internet with ethernet connection but it wasn't showing that it wasn't connected. There is no option to connect wirelessly. Help!...
  4. Issue with windows 10 after factory reset

Issue with windows 10 after factory reset: My system was lagging a lot so i decided to do a factory reset but after factory reset the system is not starting and keeps on restarting again and again and shows the same error every time. [IMG][IMG]...
  5. Stuck In Set Up Loop After Factory Reset

Stuck In Set Up Loop After Factory Reset: Product: Pavillion 550-103na Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-Bit) So after having an absolute nightmare not being allowed to factory reset, I finally managed to get it to do it by selecting only drives with Windows installed instead of all drives. It seemed to...
  6. Repair Windows 10 after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repair Windows 10 after Factory Reset: I recently decided to perform a reset on my computer (and selected the option to remove all files, but not clean the drives). However, during this process, after displaying as 100% complete, the computer froze on a black screen, so I turned it off and on again. Now, when it...
  7. Start and cortana not working after factory resets

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start and cortana not working after factory resets: I have a Smartab with Windows 10. At first I was having problems with the microphone and Cortana not being able to hear me. So I reset the entire thing. Now when I try to push on the start I just get the loading blue ring and nothing after that. When I try to type in cortana,...
  8. Reinstalling windows 10 after factory reset

Reinstalling windows 10 after factory reset: Microsoft says I wont need a product key to reinstall windows 10 on the same device after a factory reset but a few days ago my PC crashed after a critical windows update. I did a factory reset then went back to Microsoft and used the media creation tool, selected upgrade...
  9. Factory Reset After Windows 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Factory Reset After Windows 10 Upgrade: I have a small laptop running Windows 8 that I'd like to give to a friend after I install Windows 10. If I do a factory reset to remove all my stuff, will it retain Windows 10 or will it revert back to 8? 18379
  10. Factory resetting my laptop after installing windows 10.

Factory resetting my laptop after installing windows 10.: Hello this is my first visit to the forum, as the time nears for the windows 10 upgrade I had a few questions. My Samsung Activ9 came with windows 8 preinstalled, to upgrade it to 8.1 I had to manually install every windows update by hand and some had to be installed...