Windows 10: My windows 10 starts off with a black screen and white cursor every day and can take up to...

Discus and support My windows 10 starts off with a black screen and white cursor every day and can take up to... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This happens every single day and it annoying. I need some sort of fix so I don't need to go through this every day.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by IBTESAMHUSSAIN, Nov 15, 2021.

1. My windows 10 starts off with a black screen and white cursor every day and can take up to...

This happens every single day and it annoying. I need some sort of fix so I don't need to go through this every day.

:)

IBTESAMHUSSAIN, Nov 15, 2021
  2. RG_4083 Win User

Black screen with cursor on screen after few days from upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7.

Original Title: Issue with black screen with cursor after win7 upgraded to win10

Post upgrade from win7 to win10 it worked fine for few days but recently I am facing a problem with black screen appearing after entering the password, only cursor is visible. I did below steps suggested on Internet

1. hit ctrl+Alt+del

2. start a new task from task manager

3. Hit explorer.exe

However this fails saying a feature for windows 10 need to be installed call NTVDM. It tries to install and fails with error . Can somebody suggest me a solution to this?

RG_4083, Nov 15, 2021
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Nov 15, 2021
  4. JaredzzC Win User

My windows 10 starts off with a black screen and white cursor every day and can take up to...

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Hi,

I locked my computer before I went away for a couple of days and came back to a black screen with only the mouse cursor visible.
    Every time I try to start the computer, it will go through the initial startup sequence of displaying the manufacture's logo for the motherboard and then it will say 'Starting Windows' After which point it will just display a black screen with only the mouse cursor visible.

I can access the motherboard's features absolutely fine and the options such as safe mode, start windows normally etc are available.

I've tried:
    Startup Repair - No problems.
    Windows Recovery Diagnostic Tool - No problems.
    Chkdsk - No problems found.
    There are no dates available for System Restore.
    It won't start in safe mode. It runs through the loading then same result as before, only the cursor visible.

As a last attempt I cleared the CMOS, but with the same outcome as before.

I thought it could perhaps be GPU related, but it doesn't seem so.
    I have 2 GPUs, both R9 290. They were both working absolutely fine before I left - no problems whatsoever.
    I have tried them each one by one but they produce the same result individually ( after 'starting windows' a black screen with only the mouse cursor appears).

Specs can be found in my 'system specs' section.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks.

JaredzzC, Nov 15, 2021
Thema:

My windows 10 starts off with a black screen and white cursor every day and can take up to...

1. My windows 10 starts off with a black screen and white cursor every day and can take up to... - Similar Threads - starts off black

2. How can I take this white screen off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I take this white screen off?: This keep showing on my screen and i can’t take it off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-take-this-white-screen-off/0afd78d2-e8da-4fe5-9f66-3ff99712bf22
  3. How can I take this white screen off?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I take this white screen off?: This keep showing on my screen and i can’t take it off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-take-this-white-screen-off/0afd78d2-e8da-4fe5-9f66-3ff99712bf22
  4. black screen with white cursor when start up my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    black screen with white cursor when start up my pc: My laptop got a black screen with a white cursor when I start it up, I fix it by adding the explorer.exe task in the task manager but it does not resolve permanently. I tried to fix it by SFC scan but it doesn't work. I tried to start it in safe mode, but the same thing...
  5. black screen with white cursor when start up my pc

black screen with white cursor when start up my pc: My laptop got a black screen with a white cursor when I start it up, I fix it by adding the explorer.exe task in the task manager but it does not resolve permanently. I tried to fix it by SFC scan but it doesn't work. I tried to start it in safe mode, but the same thing...
  6. Black screen white cursor repair??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen white cursor repair??: Earlier today I ran into an error, I suspect from a late night update the day before. It indicated a need for an error and a need for a system repair.I could get to the desktop less and less. Someone suggested I run a system repair which allowed longer but still limited...
  7. My windows 10 starts off with a black screen and white cursor every day and can take up to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 10 starts off with a black screen and white cursor every day and can take up to...: This happens every single day and it annoying. I need some sort of fix so I don't need to go through this every day. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-starts-off-with-a-black-screen-and/d9fed4f9-bf97-4223-a752-c0cbc82504c7
  8. My windows 10 starts off with a black screen and white cursor every day and can take up to...

My windows 10 starts off with a black screen and white cursor every day and can take up to...: This happens every single day and it annoying. I need some sort of fix so I don't need to go through this every day. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-starts-off-with-a-black-screen-and/d9fed4f9-bf97-4223-a752-c0cbc82504c7
  9. Black screen with Cursor after start up?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with Cursor after start up?: Has anyone else had issues after this last update where your computer starts up with a black screen with your cursor still available? I can't start safe mode for whatever reason and I cannot use the fix with ctr alt and dlt. I've tried everything else but nothing works....
  10. Windows 10 Booting to a black screen & white cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Booting to a black screen & white cursor: Hi, my PC has been acting up for about a week now. I have 2 Samsung 24inch Monitors and a decent gaming PC. I have tried all the options this forums has brought to me such as control alt delete and recovery mode, nothing has worked so far. i have just upgraded from 7-10...