Windows 10: My Windows 10 system files occupy over 300 GB in space

Discus and support My Windows 10 system files occupy over 300 GB in space in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi I wanted to see if any of you guys could help me free some space from the disk as it’s occupying too much space. I’ve already deleted temp files and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/chus_jc, Feb 5, 2021.

1. My Windows 10 system files occupy over 300 GB in space

Hi I wanted to see if any of you guys could help me free some space from the disk as it’s occupying too much space. I’ve already deleted temp files and was wondering if maybe formatting the disk while preserving windows would solve it, or if there is any other way of solving the issue.

submitted by /u/chus_jc
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/chus_jc, Feb 5, 2021
  2. SofV Win User

Windows 10 System files occupying 130 GB

Good morning,

I have Windows 10 installed in a SSD partition with 225 Gb. I have recently found out that 130 Gb are occupied by System and Reserved, of which 118 Gb are occupied by file systems only. I already cleaned my laptop with both Storage Sense and Disk Cleanup.
    I don't have a Windows.old folder.

Can anyone suggest how to free up space in my SSD? I understand that Windows 10 can work properly with only half of that space, so I do not get why it eats so much of it.

Thank you for your help.

Sofia.

SofV, Feb 5, 2021
  3. atzu06 Win User
    300+ gb of free space missing !

hi everyone ! so i have a 931 gb partition . all the files on that partition occupy only 484 GB . computer says i have only 179 GB of free space . what happened to the other 300 gb ? how could i restore them ? thanks

My Windows 10 system files occupy over 300 GB in space Untitled.jpg

Untitled — Postimages

atzu06, Feb 5, 2021
  4. rqhhe Win User

My Windows 10 system files occupy over 300 GB in space

windows 10 size is 4 gb but it occupies more space while installing it

hi,
    windows 10 size is 4gb but installing it on c drive with 31.4 gb free space, renders only 2 gb free space .
    is it possible to reduce it to 5 or 6 gb.

My Windows 10 system files occupy over 300 GB in space [​IMG]

any hint to reduce its size would be highly appreciated.
    thanks.

rqhhe, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

My Windows 10 system files occupy over 300 GB in space

1. My Windows 10 system files occupy over 300 GB in space - Similar Threads - system files occupy

2. System Files have now reached over 300 GB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Files have now reached over 300 GB: My system files have now reached 318 GB and I can't find a fix that works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-files-have-now-reached-over-300-gb/ba5437f3-f38f-4b99-ae3d-6f639e15d9d9
  3. System Files have now reached over 300 GB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Files have now reached over 300 GB: My system files have now reached 318 GB and I can't find a fix that works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-files-have-now-reached-over-300-gb/ba5437f3-f38f-4b99-ae3d-6f639e15d9d9
  4. System Files have now reached over 300 GB

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Unknown files occupying space

Unknown files occupying space: My laptop has space issues. The SSD has 237 space capacity, using around 110gb of space, but there is/are unknown files occupying space. I have tried all possible solutions, deleted windows.old folder, deleted all system restore files, limited space usage by system restore,...
  6. Windows 10 System files occupying 130 GB

Windows 10 System files occupying 130 GB: Good morning, I have Windows 10 installed in a SSD partition with 225 Gb. I have recently found out that 130 Gb are occupied by System and Reserved, of which 118 Gb are occupied by file systems only. I already cleaned my laptop with both Storage Sense and Disk Cleanup. I...
  7. windows 10 size is 4 gb but it occupies more space while installing it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 size is 4 gb but it occupies more space while installing it: hi, windows 10 size is 4gb but installing it on c drive with 31.4 gb free space, renders only 2 gb free space . is it possible to reduce it to 5 or 6 gb. [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] any hint to reduce its size would be highly appreciated. thanks....
  8. 300+ gb of free space missing !

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    300+ gb of free space missing !: hi everyone ! so i have a 931 gb partition . all the files on that partition occupy only 484 GB . computer says i have only 179 GB of free space . what happened to the other 300 gb ? how could i restore them ? thanks [ATTACH] https://postimg.cc/xqtpygY5...
  9. Over 400 GB used last month, 300 GB from the System.

Over 400 GB used last month, 300 GB from the System.: So recently I wanted to check my wifi usage because I almost went over my 1 TB limit. I then saw that "System" has used over 300 gigabytes since last month. Any reason why, and how to bring this amount down? [ATTACH]...
  10. Problem with over 200 GB of system files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problem with over 200 GB of system files: I have a 64-bit Windows 10 PC, I built it a few years ago with Windows 7 and did the free Windows 10 upgrade last year. My hard drive is a modest 500 GB but I recently I noticed I am almost out of room so I went to investigate why. When I used Windows 10 Data Usage tool, I...