Windows 10: My Windows 10 tablet got modified and I'm not sure how to fix

Discus and support My Windows 10 tablet got modified and I'm not sure how to fix in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My tablet used to go to the Desktop and when I pressed the Windows key, it would show all the pinned Icons. For some reason now, it only shows the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by macnmore, Feb 26, 2016.

1. macnmore Win User

My Windows 10 tablet got modified and I'm not sure how to fix

My tablet used to go to the Desktop and when I pressed the Windows key, it would show all the pinned Icons. For some reason now, it only shows the icons and I don't seem to have a desktop. When I press the Windows key, nothing happens. How can I change this back to using the standard desktop with my icons vs the icon/app look?

:)

macnmore, Feb 26, 2016

2. Windows 10

My Windows 10 tablet isn't opening my app store and I'm not sure how to fix it

tee nicole, Feb 26, 2016
  3. asheryl Win User
    Windows 10 Sign In Option "Never"

I figured out a slight way around this on my Surface 3 tablet. I set up a screensaver and when the tablet goes to sleep the screensaver kicks in. I just have to run my finger over the screen to wake it up and I'm back on without putting in a password or
    pin number. I'm not sure if this drains the battery quicker. I only just got this tablet on Tuesday so I haven't done too much with it and I'm not really sure how long the battery last.

Oddly enough, I have a laptop with Windows 10 and don't have this same issue so I don't know why a tablet can't sleep and then resume without us having to put in a password.

asheryl, Feb 26, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Looks like you are on Tablet Mode.
    I don't have a Win 10 Tablet, so I don't know if my simple steps will be applicable to you.

At the right side of the taskbar ( assuming you still have the taskbar ), there is the Notification icon next to the Time > click it > click Tablet mode.

My Windows 10 tablet got modified and I'm not sure how to fix [​IMG]

davidhk, Feb 26, 2016
  5. macnmore Win User
    Thank you so much. I was going crazy trying to figure that out.

macnmore, Feb 27, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    You are welcome.

Assuming it is now sorted.
    Please mark your thread as Solved.
    Thank you.

davidhk, Feb 27, 2016
  7. bookfox Win User
    That happens a lot. In my tech support job, I've had three people this week that were stuck in tablet mode - which I find out after I tell them to head for (w/e given icon) that they don't have.

bookfox, Feb 27, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

Huh ?
    What is (w/e given icon) ?

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. My Windows 10 tablet got modified and I'm not sure how to fix - Similar Threads - tablet got modified

2. I'm not sure how to get my internet drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm not sure how to get my internet drivers: A couple months ago I accidentally deleted Windows 11 and used Linux for a bit and I've been wanting to move back to Windows 11 but when I install it there are no wifi drivers, I've been all around the internet trying to see what wifi drivers would work but none of them did....
  3. I'm not sure how to get my internet drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm not sure how to get my internet drivers: A couple months ago I accidentally deleted Windows 11 and used Linux for a bit and I've been wanting to move back to Windows 11 but when I install it there are no wifi drivers, I've been all around the internet trying to see what wifi drivers would work but none of them did....
  4. Not sure how to fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not sure how to fix: When i login my desktop flashes white and my taskbar is gone my icons glitch into white files i can't run any shortcuts and i can't open anything not even settings, etc, this is the same in safe mode i've even did a cloud reinstall of windows even sometimes when i login it...
  5. Not sure how to fix

Not sure how to fix: When i login my desktop flashes white and my taskbar is gone my icons glitch into white files i can't run any shortcuts and i can't open anything not even settings, etc, this is the same in safe mode i've even did a cloud reinstall of windows even sometimes when i login it...
  6. I'm not sure

I'm not sure: Troubleshooting detailsIf you contact your administrator, send this info to them.Copy info to clipboardI'm having a difficult time trying to connect my Note 20 to my lap top. I was sent a message with a lot of information on it so I can't paste the whole message. This is the...
  7. My PC keeps blue screening and I'm not sure how to fix it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC keeps blue screening and I'm not sure how to fix it: My PC has been blue screening on me repeatedly, while playing games, while streaming, while watching YouTube, or while I'm away from the computer. Recently its been happening while downloading games if I were to leave my PC and it goes into sleep mode. I think it might be a...
  8. Not sure how to fix this

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not sure how to fix this: So 50% of the time I start up Windows in the past 5 or so days the start menu does not load up completely with pined items not appearing. The spinning icon happens persistly. My browser also shows as unresponding when this happens. Any time I click on the start menu in this...
  9. not sure how to fix

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    not sure how to fix: My Dell Optiplex when trying to save to my desktop this is what i see[ATTACH] how can i fix this just purchased this computer THANK YOU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-sure-how-to-fix/ea95801f-9a91-4647-bab4-e7fa86d77907
  10. Modifiers getting 'stuck' on tablet

in Windows 10 Support
    Modifiers getting 'stuck' on tablet: I have a problem where sometimes a modifier will get 'stuck'. So the OS thinks that the alt, windows, control, or shift (or some combination thereof) is held down when it is not. This occurs seemingly at random, even when I have not pressed those buttons for some time. By...