Windows 10: My windows 10 take ******223Gb****** for System & reserved. How can I fix it?

Discus and support My windows 10 take ******223Gb****** for System & reserved. How can I fix it? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, My issue is simple. I use my workstation which involves lots of dataset generation / saving some records etc, But I found out something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HYUN JUNJUNG, Dec 13, 2019.

1. My windows 10 take ******223Gb****** for System & reserved. How can I fix it?

Hello,

My issue is simple.

I use my workstation which involves lots of dataset generation / saving some records etc, But I found out something occupies my space like 10 times more than it is suppose to take. And today I figured out this is because of windows trying to so much space for System & Reserved.

I don't understand why it has to take this much space for this. Now, I can hardly work, because I have 19 Gb left, but when I do something it takes another huge extra spaces for System & reserved and, it complains i am out of space.

btw, I found I don't have system reserve partition in my drive. Is this happened because I don't have designated system reserved partition? or just windows being windows?

Is there any way I can clear that manually?

or prevent windows from doing this?

My windows 10 take ******223Gb****** for System & reserved. How can I fix it? af8f1638-062c-4d8e-9dc7-0a5c42b1a629?upload=true.jpg

My windows 10 take ******223Gb****** for System & reserved. How can I fix it? db26cb96-bb81-445a-9f4e-0411990404ff?upload=true.jpg

My windows 10 take ******223Gb****** for System & reserved. How can I fix it? 3e5b282f-a8e7-4073-af9c-06a77870227d?upload=true.jpg

:)

HYUN JUNJUNG, Dec 13, 2019

2. System Reserved Memory issue

Hi Rowan,

The reduction in available system memory depends on the configuration of the following:

• The devices that are installed in the computer and the memory that is reserved by those devices
    • The ability of the motherboard to handle memory
    • The system BIOS version and settings
    • The version of Windows 10 that is installed
    • Other system settings

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest that you check your system for memory problems.

Here's how:

• Type mdsched.exe in the search bar and select the best match.
    • When prompted by the User Account Control, enter an admin user name and password, and click
      Yes.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run it.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Dec 13, 2019
  3. poolmon Win User
    Recovery Partition vs System Reserved Partition

Thanks for all the info guys.

Both original & target SSD's are listed as MBR as opposed to UEFI. I may have created a partition unknowingly in getting the original/new unformatted drive recognized, but I don't recall taking any steps that Windows did not step me through.

Not that an upgrade to WIN 10 Pro is contemplated, but I suspect that having no System Reserved partition will not allow that to happen, after seeing how the original WIN 10 upgrade created a problem for some WIN 7 users that had a smaller 100mb vs 500mb System Reserved partition.

poolmon, Dec 13, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

My windows 10 take ******223Gb****** for System & reserved. How can I fix it?

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

My windows 10 take ******223Gb****** for System & reserved. How can I fix it?

1. My windows 10 take ******223Gb****** for System & reserved. How can I fix it? - Similar Threads - ******223Gb****** System reserved

2. System and reserved taking up a lot of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System and reserved taking up a lot of space: I'm trying to install some games on my laptop 512 GB SSD and went to check on my storage to see what I can delete. Then I realized that system and reserve is taking up 234 GB of storage. When I looked into the details, it said System files 20.1 GB, Reserved storage 7.04 GB,...
  3. System and reserved taking up a lot of space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System and reserved taking up a lot of space: I'm trying to install some games on my laptop 512 GB SSD and went to check on my storage to see what I can delete. Then I realized that system and reserve is taking up 234 GB of storage. When I looked into the details, it said System files 20.1 GB, Reserved storage 7.04 GB,...
  4. System and reserved taking 41.7 GB of space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System and reserved taking 41.7 GB of space: Problem: Something is taking up a lot of space on my PCInitial Analysis of the storage showed that System & Reserved is using 41.7GB of storage.Analysis using TreeSize: I did some research on why I have little available storage space and saw some posts online that it may be...
  5. System and reserved taking up 994GB???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System and reserved taking up 994GB???: [ATTACH] My computer (asus g14 zephyrus) is acting fine. Every now and then I'll check task manager, storage and some other programs. I checked storage today and out of my 2TB SSD i have ~700gb left..so i went to apps and uninstalled a few that I've forgot about or don't...
  6. System & Reserved is taking up too much space and I cannot fix it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System & Reserved is taking up too much space and I cannot fix it: I have a relatively new computer Nov 2020. It has a small C Drive 119 GB and a large D Drive 931 GB. I install all of my games onto the D Drive since their files are larger. I've been trying to install my original Sims 2 CDs onto my computer. I try to put them on the D Drive,...
  7. Can I delete the System Reserved partition? I have both the Legacy System Reserved...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I delete the System Reserved partition? I have both the Legacy System Reserved...: Background Info: Today, I uninstalled Linux Mint by removing its partition, but my PC keeps trying to boot to "ubuntu" from the BIOS. After some investigation, I found out that I have both the old Legacy & new UEFI partitions for booting on my SSD. Since I recently changed...
  8. My system & reserved takes up 374GB of storage. How do I make it not do that??

My system & reserved takes up 374GB of storage. How do I make it not do that??: [ATTACH] I'm using a mac pro laptop with windows boot camp installed, I've set aside a decent chunk of storage from my hardrive for it so I could play windows only and 32-bit games, but a majority of it is taken up by system files that I cant delete. This seemed to happen...
  9. How to fix the "system reserved partition" on windows update

How to fix the "system reserved partition" on windows update: I migrated my windows 10 os from my old hdd to a new ssd and when I tried to update my pc to the may 2020 update, the update assistant keeps saying "We couldn't update system reserved partition" and I can't proceed the update, what should I do? submitted by /u/tzuienami...
  10. System and reserved taking 300Gb

System and reserved taking 300Gb: The system and reserved files are taking almost 400gb in my c: drive. I have done a fresh install but it grew again. https://gyazo.com/b70fb9d2dfde8d29de599bfa154e0f6d submitted by /u/Aarav2you [link] [comments]...