Windows 10: MY WINDOWS 10 TASKBAR FREEZES AND RESTARTS

Discus and support MY WINDOWS 10 TASKBAR FREEZES AND RESTARTS in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Please what can I do, my taskbar freezes out and restarts all my program icons will disappear and reappear, and my desktop will go blank on windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CHIBUIKEEMENIKE, Oct 18, 2021.

1. MY WINDOWS 10 TASKBAR FREEZES AND RESTARTS

Please what can I do, my taskbar freezes out and restarts all my program icons will disappear and reappear, and my desktop will go blank on windows 10 every time I switch between opened programs with my mouse cursor; this event makes my taskbar to hang and then restart and my file explorer will close automatically if opened. I always use alt tab to switch between opened programs to avoid this thing from happening. This issue began as a result of an update windows update that came to my PC way back! that right now I couldn't be able to trace.

:)

CHIBUIKEEMENIKE, Oct 18, 2021
  2. imanalien Win User

Taskbar freeze at start 20H2

Have you tried any or all of these.

Method 1: Use Powershell

Use the Powershell command to unfreeze the frozen taskbar by following the steps below:

1. Press and hold the Windows logo key + R.

2. Type powershell in the Run dialog box.

3. Hit Enter.

4. Type the following command line: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}.

5. Hit Enter.

Take note that you have to enable the Windows Firewall before performing the task above. Here are the steps on how to check if the Windows Firewall was enabled:

1. Open Task Manager.

2. Click More Details.

3. Select the Services tab.

4. Make sure that MpsSvc, also described as Windows Firewall, is running.

Method 2: Enable the User Manager.

A disabled User Manager sometimes results in a frozen Windows taskbar. To re-enable the User Manager, follow these steps:

1. Press and hold Windows logo key + R.

2. Type services.msc.

3. Double-click the User Manager.

4. Set the Startup type to Automatic.

5. Hit OK.

6. Restart the computer.

Method 3: Disable Recently Opened Items.

Disabling the recently opened items helps to speed up the list launch. To disable items that are recently opened, follow the instruction below:

1. Go to Settings.

2. Select Personalization.

3. Click Start.

4. Slide the toggle button beside Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Star or the taskbar to turn it off.

So It freezes upon startup right after a fresh install of Windows? im asking if it worked but then you installed a VPN or Other Antivirus software and then it didnt work ?

imanalien, Oct 18, 2021
  3. Ralph Sta Win User
    Windows 10 taskbar reverts to single width on restart.

Hi,

To address your concern with regards to the settings that are not retained in your taskbar after updating to Windows 10 Creators Update, we suggest creating a new user profile in Windows 10, and check if the experience will be the same. Follow the steps
    provided on the support article below on how create a new user profile:

We'll be here if you need more help.

Ralph Sta, Oct 18, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

MY WINDOWS 10 TASKBAR FREEZES AND RESTARTS

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 18, 2021
Thema:

MY WINDOWS 10 TASKBAR FREEZES AND RESTARTS

1. MY WINDOWS 10 TASKBAR FREEZES AND RESTARTS - Similar Threads - TASKBAR FREEZES RESTARTS

2. Windows 10 freezes and then restarts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 freezes and then restarts: Iwas playing a gake and my computer just froze and thus happened. I have no ide what this is. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-freezes-and-then-restarts/cd4a1122-7eb3-41e9-afd7-04b3390873ad
  3. Windows 10 freezes and then restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 freezes and then restarts: Iwas playing a gake and my computer just froze and thus happened. I have no ide what this is. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-freezes-and-then-restarts/cd4a1122-7eb3-41e9-afd7-04b3390873ad
  4. Windows 10 freezes, restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 freezes, restarts: Hello everyone, I recently put together some components for my new gaming build and have been getting hard freezes when playing games. I've already tried updating all my drivers and I'm on the newest version of Windows 21H2. I'm not really sure what to do. Whenever I'm...
  5. Windows 10 freezes, restarts

Windows 10 freezes, restarts: Hello everyone, I recently put together some components for my new gaming build and have been getting hard freezes when playing games. I've already tried updating all my drivers and I'm on the newest version of Windows 21H2. I'm not really sure what to do. Whenever I'm...
  6. Windows 10 freezes, restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. MY WINDOWS 10 TASKBAR FREEZES AND RESTARTS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MY WINDOWS 10 TASKBAR FREEZES AND RESTARTS: Please what can I do, my taskbar freezes out and restarts all my program icons will disappear and reappear, and my desktop will go blank on windows 10 every time I switch between opened programs with my mouse cursor; this event makes my taskbar to hang and then restart and my...
  8. MY WINDOWS 10 TASKBAR FREEZES AND RESTARTS

MY WINDOWS 10 TASKBAR FREEZES AND RESTARTS: Please what can I do, my taskbar freezes out and restarts all my program icons will disappear and reappear, and my desktop will go blank on windows 10 every time I switch between opened programs with my mouse cursor; this event makes my taskbar to hang and then restart and my...
  9. Window 10 - Taskbar Keyboard - Taskbar freezes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window 10 - Taskbar Keyboard - Taskbar freezes: Hi, I have been using the taskbar keyboard (touch keyboard) for a while and it worked wonderfully. Lately, I'm not sure if this is after the latest update, I have a Dell (2 in 1), whenever I click on the icon to open the taskbar keyboard, not only it doesn't show up...
  10. Windows 10 taskbar freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 taskbar freezes: Mine windows 10 taskbar keeps freezing. Please I urgently need a response or solution to this as it is disturbing my work speed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-taskbar-freezes/a8fe5f7f-8654-4507-9d27-56dceac8783f